patching takes forever

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tides

08-15-2009

come on. this anit funny at all. can you guys post the update somewhere so i can dl it?im sure it'll help alot of other people who have problems withpatching as well

Ichigo

08-15-2009

Took me about 30 min to patch =X. From the first patch to the most recent one. I don't have any problems I would say. It'd be nice if all the patching was done in one DL though.

Vharon

08-15-2009

Yeah, I'm getting 20 kb/s on a 400 mb patch =[

gruof01

08-16-2009

Try turning off the P2P option in the options screen. You may have to restart the patcher after that to get it to take effect.

Each patch is a single download except when we have to update the patching program, and in that case it can't be, because you need to new program to continue the process.

SkyzoR

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruof01 View Post
Try turning off the P2P option in the options screen. You may have to restart the patcher after that to get it to take effect.

Each patch is a single download except when we have to update the patching program, and in that case it can't be, because you need to new program to continue the process.
thank you so much!
before it was dling at around 20kb/s and now after i unticked the P2P option and restarted it, it sped up to around 200kb/s =D

Maven

08-18-2009

Yeah, props on the suggestion....boosted speeds way up.

cumulative patches would be nice, by that i mean, where you can update the entire game by downloading the latest patch, rather than every one in between.

gruof01

08-18-2009

All game patches are one download from any version to the latest. The reason the launcher has to restart sometimes is because we had to change the launcher itself before downloading the game patch. It's a bit of a pain, but at least those patches are really small so they're pretty quick.

In the future the P2P option will have the upload speed limited by default so you shouldn't have to worry about it, but I'm glad it helped.

Notchfall

08-18-2009

thanx grufo01, unfortunately for me in Australia and downloading is a piece of **** here, even with P2P turned off I'm getting about 45 - 50 kbs. it's going to take forever

FuryForce

08-23-2009

notchfall isnt that a bit whining ? 50 kb is fine... will take some hours yea, but at least u have a beta key, the game and an internet connection :=)

Knight Kinetik

08-25-2009

So you have to slow down your net browsing for a few hours Notchfall, you'll live I'm sure. Though I might be used to it as my download speed is always about 30KB/s lol.

As FuryForce pointed out, be happy to be in the beta and enjoy yourself (^_^).