Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

NA Early morning beginner AI games - huge problem with bots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DieFleeRetreat

09-27-2014

I play one beginner AI game in the mornings before work in order to farm the daily IP boost. I've noticed that a large amount of accounts are using this game at this time to try to grind up their XP (probably to sell their accounts).

Yesterday I played a game with two bots in it or maybe 3 - they went mid and proceeded to feed. My teammate who was a player saw what was going on and quit so as not to support the bots. It took me 33 minutes to finish out the game with 2 cheater players and 2 afk'ers.

It is now 9 minutes into my game this morning. I got one kill personally and my enemy team (one annie ai bot) has gotten 17 kills on my four cheater bot teammates. Just for fun I went into the jungle instead. 13 minutes in and the cheater bots have fed 25 kills already.

Ok, so this wave of cheater bots goes mid lane early in the morning in NA (e.g. around 7am EST). They tend to stand behind the minions a long ways even if they're melee champs and just die repeatedly to bots. I think it would be really really really easy to filter out these accounts in a hurry and shut them down. I've sent riot emails to this effect and they're being ignored.

Please let me know if you have found this behavior also.

Most of the time it's "just" two cheater bots in a game, but today it was 4 and that's totally ridiculous.

DieFleeRetreat

09-27-2014

17 mins 34 kills...

DieFleeRetreat

09-27-2014

Alrighty so game ended in 21 minutes, stats were (1/0/0 me) for the four remaining players:

0/12/0
0/13/0
0/9/0
0/14/0

Annie ai beginner bot midlaner: 34/0/2

DieFleeRetreat

09-27-2014

bump

koalaknight

09-28-2014

I ran into this issue once in intermediate bots a while ago. I guess having one on the team is not too bad and might make it more fun, but more than that would just be very annoying. With all of the DDOS attacks happening over the past few months, it's probably more likely that the bots are there to disrupt the experience of players rather than people trying to level up and sell accounts since they will be easily caught and banned (but will take a long time if the volume of such accounts are large).

Well, maybe you could try a different game mode to grind for IP until the bot issues get taken care of. There is Twisted Treeline and Dominion, where both have shorter game times.

You might get better results if you post this on Help and Support board.

DieFleeRetreat

09-28-2014

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Interesting ideas.

Bugger those bots, though!

But good point. I never thought of it as a form of DDOS.

DieFleeRetreat

09-29-2014

Actually I'm not sure if the DDOS thing makes sense, because if that were the case then why wouldn't it be more prevalent at other times of day?

Matthias9119

09-29-2014

There's been a rash of these in the last couple weeks. Mostly they're people leveling up accounts to sell. They'll seem more prevalent at slow times like early in the morning because there are fewer real players on at that time.

Riot has automated systems to try to detect and ban bots, but it's a constant game of cat and mouse. Best thing to do is to report any such accounts you come across, both post-game and by filing a ticket with Support.

IWannaBeYourDog

10-05-2014

I've met this a lot recently!!! I usually play Twisted Treeline for first win, and I've met many player who just went to a certain point and stop or feed. This pissed me off a lot! Riot should punish these players!!!