Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

4.17 Mac client constant crashes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zanarkan28

09-26-2014

I bought a new mac desktop earlier this year and ever since doing so and the beginning of season 4 I have not gotten a bug splat a single time, even in 4.16 when a lot of mac users were posting about the issue. The night after patching to 4.17 I played a game and got a bug splat 5 times all within 5 minutes of each other. All of the times I have crashed I have been able to relog my client and load back into the games fairly quickly, but this is unacceptable! I have repaired my client and fully re installed it as well, I have even re installed my OS to make sure its not a mac issue, and I am still getting constant crashes.

Specs:
Mac pro tower (late 2013)
OS 10.9.5
Intel Xenon 6-core Processor (3.3 ghz)
12GB DDR3
512GB SSD
dual AMD fire pro D300 graphics cards (4GB total VRAM)

I understand that this could be a complicated issue that may take time to fix, and this isn't me blaming riot for my loses or begging for LP back or anything like that, but what I am asking for is communication with the dedicated community. I have been searching the forums for 2 days now both here and on reddit and I have one post from a rioter on reddit back when the patch first went through and no updates since then.

I love this game and I have a great chance to make it into Plat this season if I can play frequently enough over these last few weeks, but I know it won't happen if I can't play due to these constant crashes. Again, I just want an update from riot on the situation being honest with us on an estimate time frame as to when it will be resolved.

Mike4Real

09-26-2014

Quote:
Zanarkan28:
I understand that this could be a complicated issue that may take time to fix, and this isn't me blaming riot for my loses or begging for LP back or anything like that, but what I am asking for is communication with the dedicated community. I have been searching the forums for 2 days now both here and on reddit and I have one post from a rioter on reddit back when the patch first went through and no updates since then.

I agree with you completely on this. After dealing with Riot's Mac Client for about 1 and a half years now, its not even all the problems with this client that piss me off at this point. Its the lack of communication about ANY of these problems that's really frustrating. They just never check here for anything anymore. Its a regular occurrence that we go for streaks of 2 months or longer without posts from a Rioter. Their communication level with the Mac user base is unacceptable. I still firmly believe they need a dedicated Mac team, or at least someone whose is dedicated to answering our concerns if they won't fix the problems.

TzAnonymous

09-27-2014

Since the release of this new patch, I randomly keep having my game crash at least 2 - 3 times a game for no apparent reason. This isn't the only thing driving me insane there is also a weird Fog of War glitch that keeps happening as well when I do manage to reconnect to my game. Random patches of the map have no Fog. However, this doesn't mean that I have vision there, it just doesn't have any dark Fog there. This is extremely annoying and has resulted in me dying several times. These glitches have been going on for two days now. Any solution to this? Help please!

LeBronJames0623

09-27-2014

This is the reason why I quitted league

Kaiceytron

09-27-2014

so many crashes ya

Sckharties

09-27-2014

Yep, I want an answer

Kaiceytron

09-27-2014

rito is blind to us

Duke Juke Em

09-27-2014

I want an answer to this as well, i have a freakin i7 processor and it doesn't crash for a whole year with max settings, now it keeps crashing, fix this riot

Pouncy

09-27-2014

Same problem for me... crashed 4 times in one game playing as draven. Seemed to happen when mashing q and e while moving forward...

deathTouch2k

09-28-2014

Quote:
TzAnonymous:
Since the release of this new patch, I randomly keep having my game crash at least 2 - 3 times a game for no apparent reason. This isn't the only thing driving me insane there is also a weird Fog of War glitch that keeps happening as well when I do manage to reconnect to my game. Random patches of the map have no Fog. However, this doesn't mean that I have vision there, it just doesn't have any dark Fog there. This is extremely annoying and has resulted in me dying several times. These glitches have been going on for two days now. Any solution to this? Help please!

Same exact thing for me on my 2011 mbp. Crashing late game as the adc is many time an instant-loss, and the fog of war bug is incredibly disorienting forcing you to restart client and fall further behind.