Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] A competitive guide to Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wararchon

01-28-2010

Okay, i'll answer some of the questions.

First off, i made a mistake in the guide. It's supposed to say either doran's shield or doran's ring, not shield and shield. Doran's ring gives good AP and mana regen, which some of you guys seem to need. However, since you are spending most of the mastery points into the utility tree, the masteries there give good mana regen and +mana. If your just last hitting with q and then only using q+w combo when you get a stun, you really shouldn't be that short on mana. The point of harassment prior to level 6 is to get them soft enough for tibbers+q+w combo to finish them off.

On CD reduction, Annie already has pretty short cooldowns for her spells, and getting a golem rune should solve that problem rather easily. (You are getting golems whenever you can after level 6, right?)

On summoner spells, i almost always get flash and ignite nowadays, although i do swap ignite with clairvoyance if our team needs one. (It's ridiculously helpful).

On getting w first instead of q, the ability to get an aoe stun without waiting for last hitting minions is really healpful, especially in premades. We often go hunting as a team before minions spawn, and often get in team clashes with other premades doing the same thing. Thats when the aoe stun can make a difference.

Also, getting an early RoA is really helpful. It really makes Annie's survivability rise by a ton.

CryHavoc

01-30-2010

If you play Annie against highly aggressive and co-ordinated teams, mana regen will not be nearly as big of a concern as survivability.

Catalyst is seriously the PERFECT first item for Annie. Mostly for the health, but don't forget that it gives Annie a nice mana bank too.

Even without the blue buff, after level 6 you shouldn't run into major mana problems as long as you're careful about managing the mana.

If the other team is really focusing Annie, I really love Ryali's. Gives a big AP boost, a massive health increase (combined with RoA you should be sporting over 2500 health at level 18, not bad for a squishy caster), and the slow is awesome on top of Annie's passive.

Flash in, ignite, Tibbers/stun them, disintegrate, incinerate, and unless they have an ungodly amount of health, you've crippled them by this point. By this time your Q should be up again and they are also slowed from Ryali's. It's a lethal, nasty, evil combo that's absolutely going to maim any moderate to squishy character. Yi, Fate, Twitch... they go down so hard and so fast when hit with a good combo.

As for AP scaling, I think Annie does just fine. You shouldn't be all that outnumbered in teamfights anyway, and if they set up a gank just have your stun up to allow you to flash to safety. If you're sporting 300+ AP you're going to drop any melees before they even get to touch you.

Wararchon

01-30-2010

Too bad RoA is only like the boringest item ever. Still, anyone know how to double stun with annie?

Grovel

01-30-2010

Haha, RoA is seriously too good though. I'm amazed by how many champs I use it on (and it's always rushed), the survival boost is nuts.

Although I spent a lot of time complaining earlier in this thread about mana regen, I'm getting over it. With a good lane mate who can pressure safely the occasional incinerate stun > disintegrate combo is enough to keep your opponents honest. Unless both are solid ranged harassers.

Honestly though, I don't mind camping my tower. Even though it's less gold from farming, cocky opponents always try to tower dive to get some free hits in thinking the innocent little girl can't hurt them. Then I come in with a tibbers stun > disintegrate combo, all their creeps are now dead and my tower is beating on them.

I've also become a bigger fan of Teleport over Ignite. Ignite is great early, but after the laning phase I like teleport more. Teleport also lets me harass more pre-level 6, blow my mana, pill back to pick up catalyst, teleport back to my lane, ding 6, and break out a full Tibbers combo on weakened opponents while I have full HP/MP. Because I rush RoA, walking back to a lane just takes too long.

EDIT: Also, in my limited experience, Golem is nothing to rely on. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have, but unless you have team help, it takes Annie forever to kill him, and you'll have to pill after to get your health back (I hate pilling with Annie if it's not for an upgrade). You could burn Tibbers, but that's such a waste because the buff will be practically gone by the time Tibbers is up again. Maybe if you manage to get a gank in right near the Golem with a lot of time left on Tibbers it's worth it, but personally, in most situations I ignore him.

TokinPrez

01-30-2010

@ Cry Havoc - good post, resembles much of what I feel. No reason to get mana regen on Annie. If your being focused Ryliais is great and I always unless im stomping hard save a slot for defense sometimes it is a Rylais for more general use, sometimes a banshee veil and sometimes a thornmail, I even go guardian angel or warmogs in some cases, all depends. I see so many mages and dps classes who totally ignore defensive items and die ultra fast where as I am getting double, tripple and quadra kills.

@ Grovel - RoA is a great general item, assuming things are going as planned I also pick it up. Annie needs the survival she is to important to die early in a team fight and this items is great for her.

Mana regen is not needed, lane mate or not (and you should not have a lane mate because your Annie, so you should be mid. If your not mid then your team is doing something wrong already. Annie is the best mid and by lvl 6 one of the strongest gankers and midgame champs there is).

You should also not be tower camping. In solo mid there is no champion that can dominate you to the point of forcing you to hug your tower and be gold starved. I find that katarina can be annoying and wittle you down but not dominate you and Tristana you need to be more wary of, other then that, you dominate.

Every time you have a stun up, you become the strongest person in your lane, use that to your advantage and push them out, if they get cocky they eat a stun, a nuke, ignite and possibly another stun.

Teleport is bleh, you reasons do not seem to great a reason to get it. You need to kill early, you need to be ganking. Ignite allows this.

Many times I can kill early in mid thanks to ignite, ignite allows me to double kill a side lane once I hit 6 or get a triple kill in a team fight. It stops heal effects and does nice damage. Also Annie has a huge auto attack range, many times they run with ignite and i can get them low enough to die from it thanks to my auto attack range being so far.

And again you should not be blowing your mana and on rare chances you do, you should be having golem buff to replenish you quickly. If others are taking golem, inform them you would like golem and that it will allow you to get AoE stuns out faster which is helping them win team fights.

EDIT - If your not getting golem then your doing your not playing to your true potential. Golem allows you to fight longer, it allows you spam spells faster which allows you to get stuns out faster which allows you and your team to dominate.
Killing golem is easy, early just go do it after a tibbers gank, takes a second or two.
If no tibbers you should be using elixers often, golem dies in seconds then.
If you did use tibbers to kill golem, now tibbers will be up sooner and since your in utility tree that golem buff lasts a while! Also you can now go push a lane with tibbers out, he is a monster at pushing creeps and towers.
If you have no tibbers, no elixer and are worried about soloing golem, ask someone to come help you real quick. It is a team game, they should be fine with helping you since you are helping them dominate team fights

Once you get past early game, golem dies in a few nukes, also stun works on golem making it easier.

CryHavoc

02-01-2010

Golem buff is essential on Annie. More for the cooldown IMO than the mana regen, but the latter allows you to spam spells and deal out burst damage in rapid, repeated succession.

Wararchon

02-01-2010

Getting someone to help with golem early on shouldn't be too hard. After level 11 or so, you really shouldn't be that hurt by soloing golem, especially with RoA or even banshees and your shield. The mana regen and the cooldown reduction basically makes annie a farming/pushing machine, and you'll almost always have tibbers ready for a team clash. not to mention it gives good experience and gold.

Turey

02-03-2010

Quote:
Wararchon:
Still, anyone know how to double stun with annie?

This Guide (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=45042) is pretty good about explaining it.
Simply put, once you have your first stun ready:
1. Use molten shield 3x in a row, which with proper cooldown should take you about a minute. Make sure not to use any other abilities in this time.
2. When you're ready to initiate, drop Tibbers, which uses the first stun and moves stun counter to 4.
3. Follow this up by a Disintegrate, to energize the next stun
4.Finish with an Incinerate just as the Tibbers stun is wearing off for the second stun.

This is why every good Annie has exactly one rank of molten shield before lvl6 (I personally like lvl3, but most people go for lvl5), and no more until you're forced to.

Wararchon

02-21-2010

I figured it out, but here are the two problems with double stun. It takes an enormous amount of effort to set it up and keep track of your stuns, and in the next patch they will fix it. Also added a new build order in league craft for those who prefer to go fast RoA.