[Guide] A competitive guide to Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wararchon

01-23-2010

I've added an Enemies section for the guide. It's available through the first link to the original guide at leaguecraft.

Also, i've been trying to figure out how to do annie's double stun, if its still even viable now. If anyone could clue me in on how to accomplish that it would be really helpful, as i am trying to add a section on annie double stun.

Squalleke123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

I'm kinda feeling that going for CD reduction is the way to go, unless enemies keep feeding me so I get the RoA before 20mins.

Then again, I almost always go for deathfire grasp. Basically it gives me some CD reduction, while adding a pretty nifty spell to my arsenal and increasing my mana pool and regen.

Mostly follow this through with glacial shroud if I get attacked a lot, or the item which gives mana and health regen on using abilities, though I think this is a bit overkill

Grovel

01-24-2010

Personally I can't play Annie without mana regen. I've tried going the sapphire>catalyst>RoA route, but I spend way too much time pilling and then (slowly) running back to a lane. Less time in a lane, running to where a gank "might" be happening, but will inevitably be over by the time my short legs get me there means more delays on getting that RoA.

I've been rushing Tear first and it's actually been allowing me to get RoA sooner by being able to stay in a lane or move towards ganks between Tibbers CD instead of pilling for mana. I'm also a bigger fan of Boots of Mobility on Annie for similar reasons.

Then again, I'm only a level 19 summoner, with no runes.

inept

01-24-2010

as long as you know how to use Q, you should never be out of mana with annie in lane

Dont go with the W first that you see people doing, that was for dragon lvl 1 fights and it doesnt occur anymore. Q @ lvl 1 is the way to go to farm hard.

Kersei

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by inept View Post
as long as you know how to use Q, you should never be out of mana with annie in lane

Dont go with the W first that you see people doing, that was for dragon lvl 1 fights and it doesnt occur anymore. Q @ lvl 1 is the way to go to farm hard.
But, if you harass the enemy with Q stun W, you will run out. I find that on casters, you need to have 2 of the 3:

1) teleport
2) mana regen runes
3) mana regen items

Otherwise you just spend too much time walking back from base.

Grovel

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kersei View Post
But, if you harass the enemy with Q stun W, you will run out. I find that on casters, you need to have 2 of the 3:

1) teleport
2) mana regen runes
3) mana regen items

Otherwise you just spend too much time walking back from base.
Yep, pretty much exactly my thoughts. I never harass with Annie before level 6 unless someone lets me autoattack them. I'm probably getting a creep killing blow with the majority of my Disintegrates, but there's no way I'm good enough to be wasting mana on harassing when I'll need at least half of my mana pool to pull off the 3 spell Tibbers rotation at level 6.

The only way I'd take Incinerate first is if I was laning with someone who had a very high ganking potential right away- like a Shaco or a Blitzcrank. And that kind of communication/setup doesn't really exist in the games I play, so it's always Q first.

Robronie

01-25-2010

I have to say whenever i play annie bringing ignite and flash with me is a necessity
The extra damage is extremely useful from ignite as often i find that the combo of spells sometimes falls just short of killing a champion and auto-attacks are far too slow. Ignite also helps take down those annoying healing champs with it's new healing reduction.

Flash is also great, if you're getting attacked stunning the enemy then flashing away almost guarantees survival. It's also great for ganks since you can flash in stun with tibbers then finish off. Enemies are sometimes a bit cautious around annie aswell running away whenever she gets close so flash helps close the distance quickly.

Teleport isn't as useful on annie as it is with other champs, she has good staying power in a lane especially once i've gotten catalyst. I don't think she needs mana regen that much since sapphire and last hitting with q should keep mana at a consistent level although the cooldown reduction on haunting guise sounds nice. This is also the same reason i don't take clarity with me.

PinkPuffball

01-26-2010

I play annie and i do well with her but after playing aggressive team after aggressive team and dying more than id like, i got fed up and changed annie up. I just put most of my masteries into offensive and a few in the defensive and i noticed that i hit A LOT harder..I have magic pen in red runes, armor in gold (used to have mana regen) magic pen in blues, and another magic pen quint and 2 move speed quints. Im sure people choose other runes but this means i have 15 magic pen plus archaic knowledge in offensive mastery (another 15% magic pen i believe). I tested it out in game, i solo'd in mid for a while and i bought meki pendant for the missing mana, sorc shoes, turned meki into codex, rod of ages, zhonyas, andd then was going for void staff. During game we were faced against a yi, an ashe, a sion, twitch and another tank i forget which one and I took out their yi and ashe and sion several times their yi and twitch were doing quite good and i 1v1d yi and we were both low health and i got him. Normally a yi would beat you. (4 level 30's one level 26) Anyways, in team fights i used to always use my stun with Q first and therefore id never have stun on tibbers move. I tried using tibbers first as soon as I got a stun and the enemies grouped together. Me and my team could easily kill 3 right there and chase the weak ones down. This game score was 12-3-14.

Pika Trainer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

Bought annie. Time to play plx0r

TokinPrez

01-26-2010

I disagree about Annie needing mana regen early. I rush a catalyst personally and do not buy any regen items.

I start off with incinerate most of the time and build up my stun. I know many do not do so but I find that it is a wise defensive move incase the other team wants to try to gank mid. Getting to level 2 is fast anyways. At that point you can last hit for free with disintegrate. Once you hit 6 and do your gank go grab golem and be sure to get golem as needed.

Also yes, ignite and flash as it is now are the two summoner spells best for annie. Ignite is just all around useful and flash is a must have to play her well.