Garen: Judgment dmg stacking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyrael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this. As it is kind of a question about a champion, but also an inquiry into a possible glitch.

Garen's E move, Judgment, supposedly damage scales based on his crit strike chance.

This has led to a bit of confusion.

-First, regardless of what runes and masteries I use, at level 1 garen will NEVER have a bump to Judgment damage.

-Next there is no consistency to the math. When first I started to test this I purchased Brawler's gloves. 8% crit chance. And he went up to +30 dmg. So the variable was then 8y = 30. But then I upgraded it to an avarice sword which has a 12% crit chance. The damage stayed at +30.... so how does 8y=30 and 12y=30?

-Lastly there is a sort of time delay increase... it seems...? After reach 18 and with no change to my crit chance by items, runes, or masteries... the bump in damage to judgment will most often steadily climb. But the increase can't be based purely on time because if I go without any crit chance I never get a damage increase. Also sometimes I will purchase a crit item (most often Atma's Impaler) and receive no dmg stacking immediately but later notice it gets bumped (like not 30 seconds... more like 5-10 minutes).

There has got to be a method to this madness.... what is going on?

Carados

02-02-2011

The bonus damage from AD can crit. It doesn't scale based on crit chance, it doesn't say that.

Scyrge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-02-2011

Each "tick" of judgment has a chance of critting, based off of your crit chance.

wraithalcon

02-02-2011

As a Garen player, I am interested in hearing more about this. It will help me determine how best to build (which I am still working on).