Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

4.17 crashes...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sckharties

09-27-2014

I would really like an answer

biatch18

Recruiter

09-27-2014

i put really good money into this game to bugs plat every game
especially with the deadline for rewards coming up soon id like to make it to gold but how can i play when i get splatted every game

xSynapse

09-27-2014

MacBook user, checking in with same problem. Rare crashes/bugsplats pre-patch 4.17, now they're constant. Usually crash once a game, just finished a game where I crashed twice in the same game. This is really unplayable and seems to affect almost every Mac user.

PrimalAscendancy

09-28-2014

These crashes are ridiculous. I can't go a single game without crashing and being put severely behind. At this point the game is nearly unplayable and extremely unenjoyable. Riot please address this issue as soon as possible, we mac users want to enjoy the game without having to deal with this nonsense!

John Noyes

09-28-2014

I am also suffering a lot of crashes in this patch.

deathTouch2k

09-28-2014

Bug splatting 1-2 times per game with 4.17

daybid

09-29-2014

yup same here, one game i even crashed, reconnected and as soon as i got back in it crashed again lol
makes me scared to rank
also, not sure if it's just me but i've also been experiencing a lot of lag, where my ping goes up to 500-900 sometimes

Higher Player

09-30-2014

riot admitted to dropping the ball on this one. Basically they half assed it because they care about mac users 50% the amount they do for windows users

EnterTheYeti

09-30-2014

Just wanted to add my voice. I actually upgraded to an SSD and 16 gb of ram thinking it was my hardware and the first 2 matches resulted in crashes and a Leaver Buster level 1 warning. Glad to see the problem is not on my side.

SorionHex

09-30-2014

Quote:
thewhitekanye:
My mouse gets stuck at the top of the screen so I can't even leave base. Once the mouse gets stuck I can only move left, or right on top of the screen

I think I can actually help with that! I'm assuming you're on a Retina resolution Mac correct? The problem is that Riot hasn't made the League of Legends resolution compatible with the MacBook Pro's retina pixel doubling. What ends up happening with the last few patches is that scaling anything other than the "native" resolution seems to mess up what's actually being ported to your screen.

It's a little hard to describe but it sounds like you know what I'm talking about. Basically you'll get the full resolution on your screen, but perhaps only the top right 1/4th of the screen will actually be usable and otherwise you mouse will either immediately begin moving to one of the corners or won't let you move anywhere past a certain "line". Virtually imagine cropping out the top right 1/4th of your screen and that's the only area that's usable. Any attempts at moving beyond that little area bounces your mouse right back into the area again.

On top of this, the biggest problem was that pinging became impossible despite perhaps being able to play the game normally otherwise. As soon as you pressed CMD or Alt the mouse would shoot either up, left, right, or down all the way with no way of changing it and so you could only ping 1 type of ping. Even a simple CMD click ping would cause this shoot up to happen.

Anyways, the solution I discovered was to change my in game resolution to the closest match to the Retina's scaled "native" resolution of 1440 x 900. I believe in game this is probably 1400 x 900 or so. On top of this you have to be on the "Best for Retina" resolution which you can change in your System Preferences > Display > Best for Retina. I'm not sure if it works if you have 1920 x 1200 as your resolution and 1920 x 1200 as your in game setting, but it's worth a try if you want a better image and more space.

Unfortunately, it won't look as crisp until Riot finally figures out how to do the pixel doubling at which point the art and characters won't look slightly blurry and pixelated as if someone had turned on "anti anti-aliasing" so to speak. But it'll be completely playable, and everything will fit on your screen the way it's supposed to, although I understand any resolution above 1440 virtually eliminates the UI and makes it easier to focus as well as actually looking crisp. At the 2880 x 1900 setting, the UI and animation and graphics look absolutely stunning and everything is 100% crisp and clean, however I seem to run into problems as you describe since the more recent patches. This didn't happen until a few patches back.

Hope that helped! <3