Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Acension, Why was it made like this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yellow 7 7 7

09-26-2014

So I always wondered, why the equal gold system existed in acsenion? It's pretty dumb to have a 30+ kill lead and 40+ point lead but no difference in champion value/power. All you had to do to win is pick a good team with good power spikes or someone who is just always better than other champs post lv6 (akali) whoever had the most 'op' champs and knew how to play them decently won. But it never helped your team in getting a perfect acsenion, if you had a bad fight the other team would just BM and grab the acension buff even if they were about to lose. My complaint is that I had played over 30 acension games and not once did I get a perfect. EXTREMELY displeased with riot right now. cuz they would tease everyone just to grind on their stupid game mode for an icon (that I really wanted) but it was impossible to get. Even in a 5v4 my team couldn't prevent the other team from getting the buff once. Riot why did you do this? ='(

SylianEUW

09-26-2014

I don't think the equal gold system was bad. It scaled too fast, too quickly, though, which made champions that are strong late game much too strong in general. They could've fixed that by making the game mode shorter, perhaps ending at 150 points instead of 200?

As for the icon, perhaps it was a mistake.

ImpendingDeath

09-28-2014

It was just a temporary game mode. Riot hardly makes many balance decisions for Dominion and TT, so why would they make balance decisions for a temporary game mode?

A lot of people complained about not getting an icon, but it's just a pretty picture. By the time the next temporary game mode comes around, people are going to forget all about the Ascension icon.