Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Item Idea - Cracked Soulgem]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meserion

09-26-2014

Unique Passive - Life Ward: The first 2 deaths you experience in the first 20 minutes are not worth any gold or experience, after 20 minutes, or after 2 deaths, this Soulgem shatters and disappears from your inventory.

Only One can be bought per game.
Cost: 0 gold
Requirements: Ranked play, not available to players in gold or above.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts: this would essentially be a 'newbie gem' that would help prevent them from screwing over a match early on by feeding kills to the wrong people (I'm looking at you bottom lane). It is designed for ranked play and only at lower rankings; by the time you hit gold ranking you shouldn't be dying early on and if you have your eyes on the competitive circuit, you shouldn't need this crutch of an item.

I've lost more ranked games because the bottom lane got fed and destroyed everyone, yes I'm in bronze and yes I'm not amazing at this game. However, it sometimes is out of my hands when my teammates start dying to the wrong people. Even though ranked shouldn't be a learning experience, many people take it as one; this item serves as a learning tool of sorts.

The5lacker

09-26-2014

A colossal pile of worthless ideas. Punishing the enemy for doing the right thing? Only available once for free? Only available in ranked games of gold or above? Serves no actual purpose? Yup. Worthless idea for whiners all right.

Meserion

09-26-2014

NOT available to gold or above, big difference. it will lower toxicity and help stop wasting peoples time in ranked.

Melvear

09-26-2014

Quote:
Meserion:
NOT available to gold or above, big difference. it will lower toxicity and help stop wasting peoples time in ranked.

No it won't. It'll reinforce people's bad mechanics because their first deaths don't count for much. I don't like snowballing much but this is a terrible idea.

The5lacker

09-26-2014

Quote:
Meserion:

Oh well I stand corrected. Your item is totally legit and not rancid pile of fecal matter.[/sarcasm]

Throw your computer off of the nearest overpass.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

09-26-2014

A 0-cost item that entirely denies the first two kills' worth of gold?

What in hell frozen over has possessed you to make such mentally ****ing retarded item ideas?

Meserion

09-26-2014

Quote:
Melvear:
No it won't. It'll reinforce people's bad mechanics because their first deaths don't count for much. I don't like snowballing much but this is a terrible idea.

it may reinforce it, but without this item the games are over well before the 20 minute surrender mark because some ADC got 3 kills and now has there core items already...

Melvear

09-26-2014

Quote:
Meserion:
it may reinforce it, but without this item the games are over well before the 20 minute surrender mark because some ADC got 3 kills and now has there core items already...

Then you might want to learn to deal with a fed adc?

ItsStout

09-26-2014

Quote:
Melvear:
Then you might want to learn to deal with a fed adc?

Or learn how to play the game lol.

Zatachi13

09-26-2014

So the guy with a killing spree on the other team got this item....you killed him....sucks that that shutdown doesn't mean anything or give any gold... also EVERYONE WOULD BUY IT.