Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Sion - Beware Ravens"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cookiehime

09-26-2014

Quick question: Wasn't the Black Rose underground society formed by supporters of the previous Noxian regime, i.e the regime before Darkwill's reign? I always had the impression that it was so. I thought the Black Rose wanted to reinstate the government that came before Darkwill.

Takeyo Efthulc

09-26-2014

Quote:
Cookiehime:
Quick question: Wasn't the Black Rose underground society formed by supporters of the previous Noxian regime, i.e the regime before Darkwill's reign? I always had the impression that it was so. I thought the Black Rose wanted to reinstate the government that came before Darkwill.

They were not exactly what I would call "supporters" of the previous regime. They had successfully manipulated the Noxian government prior to it's militarization, and they hoped to be able to adapt their methods and ultimately succeed in manipulating the new military regime just as effectively. Unfortunately, It seems to me that they have more than accomplished their goal there.

SecretLore

09-27-2014

Overall the ironic thing is,that new Noxus seems to me like the better nation,aristocrats don't have as much power as before and they simply didn't do that much bad stuff until now(not that they are harmless,but old noxus did stuff like the ionia-war,slavery,gladiator battles,etc.).

Ironically I'd say that the people who support old Noxus(I suppose that would be Katarina,cassiopeia,their dad,sion and talon)seem to be the "nicer people"(katarina is rather honorable,her father seems to be a good person and well its not like sion is still himself at this point),not that they are good,but Swain and so on simply seem to be more sinister comapred to them.

Overall I actually like how both sides seem to have their good and bad sides(mostly bad sides I suppose )

Zkaiser

09-30-2014

Quote:
LordHippoman:
Did I miss something with Elise? People keep connecting her to the Black Rose. It's not in her lore, not in her speech on the Loading Screen from the SI update, and as far as I know those are the only canon sources to discuss Elise. Was there an AMA or something?

The official website champion page lists Elese as being friends with LeBlanc. I think people are reading into that connection.

Chromatic Eagle

09-30-2014

I think Noxian government goes like this, nobles manipulated by Black Rose > Darkwill > Swain.

I wouldn't call Swain a pawn of the Black Rose. He seems to be using LeBlanc as much as she is using him.

I think Riven is the only "good" Noxian. At best everyone else is grey. Darius is working for Swain because he sees strength in the guy, but doesn't like Vladimir. I can see him turning. Katarina's father is really mysterious and I hope big things happen with his character.

SecretLore

09-30-2014

Quote:
Chromatic Eagle:
I think Noxian government goes like this, nobles manipulated by Black Rose > Darkwill > Swain.

I wouldn't call Swain a pawn of the Black Rose. He seems to be using LeBlanc as much as she is using him.

I think Riven is the only "good" Noxian. At best everyone else is grey. Darius is working for Swain because he sees strength in the guy, but doesn't like Vladimir. I can see him turning. Katarina's father is really mysterious and I hope big things happen with his character.

Well even Riven isn't that good either.
She believes in the strenght of noxus and that the strong shall dominate the weak,its just that she thinks that noxus is betraying its own principles

Takeyo Efthulc

09-30-2014

Quote:
Chromatic Eagle:

Swain may not yet be a pawn, but I think the danger is certainly there. As I said before, I believe he relies far too heavily on LeBlanc. I just don't get the impression at all that she is being played, even though Swain may mean to play her. It seems more that she is playing his game in order to gain more control over him, rather than that he is successfully using her for his ends. Part of the problem, however, is that Emilia LeBlanc is an enigma within an enigma. Nobody knows for how long she's been working on her secret, master plan and nobody knows just how far down her plans go. For all I know, everything is going according to her plan and nothing she or anyone else does will affect her progress anymore. That's a pretty weighty place to be, and smacks of the "something bigger" that the Black Rose might actually be. Be that as it may, it is true that we don't know what the Black Rose does other than manipulate the Noxian government. That may well be all they're really up to.