Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Sion - Beware Ravens"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zkaiser

09-26-2014

So there is obvious internal conflict in Noxus just as before. Darkwill knew that Swain was up to no good and warned the insane Sion before he "died." (I'm still not 100% sure Darkwill is dead) In the past entries of the JoJ there were inklings of there being a turf war in Noxus with the Du Couteaus vs Swain and the Black Rose, setting up a good Noxian vs Bad Noxian allegiance.

"Good" Noxians:
Katarina
Cassiopeia
Talon
Riven (although she is still a deserter, I'm hoping that they reconcile their differences)
Sion

"Bad" Noxians:
Swain
LeBlanc
Vladimir
Elise (the official website lists her as friends with Vlad and LeBlanc)
Darius (he could switch at any moment honestly)
Draven (will likely follow his brother)

Unknown:
Urgot (I want to call him good so the good Noxians have a Marksman)

What are your ideas for these internal factions? Might we see General Du Couteau return and join his daughters in battle?

Takeyo Efthulc

09-26-2014

I've always thought that would be awesome! I like your JoJ reference btw

Darius and Draven would likely end up on the same side as each other no matter what, just because they are the Blood Brothers if for no other reason, but Draven might not follow Darius immediately because of ego issues.

The loss of General Du Couteau was a severe blow to the "moderates" and when you're dealing with the Black Rose there's pretty much no escape, but I could see him returning eventually. Katarina and Cassiopeia have lots of powerful connections now... and who knows, maybe someone has it out for the Black Rose just as much as the Black Rose has it out for the Du Couteau family.

You know that Singed works for the Noxian military, but the question is: where do his ultimate allegiances lie? I'd ask the same thing about Warwick since those two are connected.

Urgot is a tough call. He works for the Noxian military, but he also hates them... so I really don't know.

SecretLore

09-26-2014

Overall the question is,which side here would be good?I mean yeah Swain took the position from Boram,but honestly,Boram didn't seem to be a nice guy either(aristocrats got more power under his reign and he was responsible for the ionia-war).

However the question is if Boram really meant swain,I mean sion lived and was imprisoned before swains time.

LordHippoman

Recruiter

09-26-2014

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/ZkwZEG4J-sions-new-client-lore

Posted something about this on the Boards.

SL makes a good point. There is no good Noxus. Noxus continually did **** like enslave, murder, and commit genocide (You can find all 3 in Alistar's lore) under Boram. They have done pretty much nothing redeeming under either Swain or Boram either.

I'd call it more old and new Noxus. Old Noxus was all about showing strength through war and power, the nobility were generals and warriors and they invaded anybody they wanted, using enormous chemical weapons at the cost of their own troops. New Noxus, under Swain with LeBlanc's backing, seems crafty, like the man himself. They haven't done much, but Swain has already shown his methods in how he reached power. He overthrew the old monarchy by killing Boram (probably) and his son Kieran, both through trickery and deception, not a "duel of strength". Swain doesn't need to use force to get what he wants most of the time, because he can just stab you in the back. He is five steps ahead of you.

Takeyo Efthulc

09-26-2014

Quote:
SecretLore:
Overall the question is,which side here would be good?I mean yeah Swain took the position from Boram,but honestly,Boram didn't seem to be a nice guy either(aristocrats got more power under his reign and he was responsible for the ionia-war).

However the question is if Boram really meant swain,I mean sion lived and was imprisoned before swains time.

Right, but like the person above me, I really don't think there's such a thing as "good" Noxus. Noxus is just in a generally bad state. Instead, what we have here is Old Noxus or High Noxus versus New Noxus or the Neonoxian Regime. I am in favour of Old Noxus because it was directly descended from the high ancient Noxian ideals in which Riven believes, while the Neonoxian Regime supports and is supported by the blindly ruthless and hopelessly corrupt Black Rose cult. In fact, Jericho Swain appears to actually subscribe to the letter of the Black Rose's creed, and it seems he could easily become nothing more than a pawn of Emilia LeBlanc's as he relies far too heavily on her.

OuttaControl56

09-26-2014

You could well argue the "New Noxus" is much more of a problem.

Unlike the old regime, the plotters of this new regime have outside influences, such as Elise who arguable is much more allied to the Shadow Isles. This makes their intentions regarding Noxus spotty.

Of course, this is the way of Noxian Politics. The losing party slinks into the shadows, licks it's wounds, and plots.

What happens, we'll just have to wait and see.

ajbolt

09-26-2014

Honestly I doubt Darius would switch between old and new Noxus. He seems to be viciously loyal to anyone he sees giving him access to power. Draven on the other hand is, well, Draven. A wild card, but I'd agree likely to follow his brother.

LordHippoman

Recruiter

09-26-2014

Quote:
OuttaControl56:

Unlike the old regime, the plotters of this new regime have outside influences, such as Elise who arguable is much more allied to the Shadow Isles. This makes their intentions regarding Noxus spotty.

Did I miss something with Elise? People keep connecting her to the Black Rose. It's not in her lore, not in her speech on the Loading Screen from the SI update, and as far as I know those are the only canon sources to discuss Elise. Was there an AMA or something?

Ebonmaw Dragon

09-26-2014

Quote:
LordHippoman:
Did I miss something with Elise? People keep connecting her to the Black Rose. It's not in her lore, not in her speech on the Loading Screen from the SI update, and as far as I know those are the only canon sources to discuss Elise. Was there an AMA or something?

I dont remember when or where, but Riot mentioned that she was a noxian before the spidershadowissles thing... and she is friend of Leblanc... so...

SecretLore

09-26-2014

Quote:
OuttaControl56:
You could well argue the "New Noxus" is much more of a problem.

Of course, this is the way of Noxian Politics. The losing party slinks into the shadows, licks it's wounds, and plots.

What happens, we'll just have to wait and see.

Well old Noxus had already an alliance with Zaun,I think Ionia can tell you something about that...