Great team build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

creakydoors

01-19-2010

I've been doing some thinking about a great 5 man team that can do well in all phases of the game, not just team fights. I've come up with this, tell me what you think:

TOP LANE
Soraka
Kassadin

MID
TF

BOTTOM LANE
Alistar
Fiddle

Now this team doesn't have extreme AoE damage, the combonation of heals, CC, chase/Map control, and pushing power make this setup do well in MOST circumstances.

Soraka and Kass in one lane leads to great synergy against any mage while adding ranged nukes for pesky physical carries.

TF is always a good choice for solo mid.

Alistar is a great lane parter for near any champion. and Fear-stun-knockback-silence-drain sounds like a devistating combo. But I have not seen these 2 lane together before, any thoughts?

Now for the late game 5v5 fights, you have enough CC to burn down who you want on the opposite team.

2 stuns: 1 single target, 1 PBAoE (TF, Alistar)
3 Silences: 2 single target, 1 AoE (Kass, Soraka, Fiddle)
3 Slows: 1 single target, 1 AoE, 1 global (TF, Kass, TF)
1 Fear: single target (Fiddle)
1 Knockback: single target (Alistar)
3 Heals: 1 single target, 1 PBAoE, 1 global (Soraka, Alistar, Soraka)

Anyone have any luck with a team similar to this?

Evangelion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

That team is very bursty/AP built. I suppose you have enough magic penetration with fiddlesticks and soraka, but a team stacking MR is going to seriously ruin your day.

Mercury treads on everyone cuts your CC by about half, and Veigar would probably roflstomp your team, considering how much AP he's stealing and how squishy your team is for the most part.

It feels like it might work early on with some good team coordination, but you'd have to end it fast before your AP starts to fall off in scaling.

You do have 2 excellent pushers, so I guess if you can end the game at around 25 minutes it'd work out well.

creakydoors

01-19-2010

perhaps switch TF for a physical ranged carry?

Shatterlight

01-19-2010

For the Alistar + Fiddlesticks combination, it works well earlygame. I didn't even have to get Terrify. Dark Wind harass until they are 60-70%, he stuns and knocksback, I Dark Wind and then Crippling Exhaust + Drain. One kill down, push the lane and harass the remaining player with Dark Wind. Then I went and ganked top/mid, came back down at level 6 with Crowstorm, Alistar pushed and we doubleganked and hit the tower hard again. Alister keeps Fiddlesticks in the lane with his heal, Alister is a great pusher, while Fiddlesticks is one of the best harassers.

May not work so well against harder to gank enemies, but it went well when I tried it. We also had a TF mid (both my premades I work with do), which is always nice. Teemo and a pug Mundo went top, no comment there. Dumb pubbies.

Keep in mind what Evangelion said though. He makes very good points.

creakydoors

01-20-2010

Suppose you switch TF with DPS Teemo with teleport and exhaust? You still get serious map control and quick gank ability. And it prevents the other team from stacking just MR (though I still believe forcing the enemy to get certain items cripples them some-what). This way, Fiddle or Teemo can solo mid depending on matchup.

Aestartes

01-20-2010

Search the forums for "OP", take the top 4 most used champ names that show up. Give them 1 solid support hero and go smash faces?

In all seriousness it seems that two decent support + either heavy aoe damage or insane CC/single target damage comps work well. Or 4 super high powered aoe and like a Kayle to bubble thier focus also works.

As far as duos go just find ability synergy. Yesterday faced a Fiddle/Rammus comp that gave me and a few friends fits with taunt/rumble/fiddle ult.