Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Why am I getting so much more LP per wins now than when I was Silver?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

Recruiter

09-24-2014

Did Riot mess with their Ranked system or what?


I coulda sworn the idea is that you get tons of LP when you start playing Ranked, then get less and less, till in Diamond you sometimes don't even get any LP at all for winning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

Recruiter

09-24-2014

So how does LP gain work again?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePreyMan PHS

Senior Member

09-24-2014

Your win rate is positive, clearly above 50%, and you're on a 4 win streak.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

Recruiter

09-24-2014

Quote:
ThePreyMan PHS:
Your win rate is positive, clearly above 50%, and you're on a 4 win streak.

...explain to a layman how that contributes to me earning tons of LP?


Also, I'm on a 4 win streak? Cool!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AngryMuffin

Member

09-24-2014

Quote:
Ginga:
...explain to a layman how that contributes to me earning tons of LP?


Also, I'm on a 4 win streak? Cool!


You don't slowly get lower LP. Consider it momentum. You get a lot of LP in the beginning because your momentum automatically starts at a fast pace. You keep winning, you keep that momentum up. You start losing a lot of games and your momentum drops. If you play 200 games and you are only at Gold III, it likely means you will be Gold III forever. So, your momentum drops to just enough so that it's relatively easy to maintain Gold III but not get lower or higher. If you start winning a lot again, you pick up momentum. Now, you're getting more LP per win and less LP per loss again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

Recruiter

09-24-2014

Quote:
AngryMuffin:
You don't slowly get lower LP. Consider it momentum. You get a lot of LP in the beginning because your momentum automatically starts at a fast pace. You keep winning, you keep that momentum up. You start losing a lot of games and your momentum drops. If you play 200 games and you are only at Gold III, it likely means you will be Gold III forever. So, your momentum drops to just enough so that it's relatively easy to maintain Gold III but not get lower or higher. If you start winning a lot again, you pick up momentum. Now, you're getting more LP per win and less LP per loss again.

Ah I get it then. My momentum halted in silver in the past season and in this season RNG decided to swing it up to gold.


Thanks for the explanation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haitah

Senior Member

09-24-2014

You don't gain less from Diamond.
I gain average of 20-26 lp/win in Diamond V

It all depends on MMR, if my mmr was around diamond V I'd be gaining around 10lp and lose 5~lp
But since my MMR is D3-ish I gain 20+

your LP gains basically say what your mmr is


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

II DarkRyu II

Recruiter

09-24-2014

A big contributing factor to LP gains/losses is your mmr. Your mmr will plummett if you lose consistantly causing a reduction in LP gains and an increase in LP loss, winning consistantly will have the inverse effect. You can check your mmr with http://na.op.gg. Just search for your summoner name in your respective region, which i assume is NA, and click on the "calculate my mmr" link on the top right portion of the screen. This feature is only available to summoners who are lvl 30 and soloq. Duo queueing with prevent you from being able to track your mmr. Promotional series matches are their to help balance your mmr with your overall placement. So most likely your increase in LP gain is due to the winning streak and your wins in the series matches.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AngryMuffin

Member

09-24-2014

Quote:
Ginga:
Ah I get it then. My momentum halted in silver in the past season and in this season RNG decided to swing it up to gold.


Thanks for the explanation.


Let me clarify something btw:

When I say, "you'll be in Gold III forever," I mean that you as a player will be Gold III and, at your current skill level, you personally won't get past it. The system doesn't just decide that you don't deserve higher. I needed to be explicit in case someone reads it and thinks, "LOL RANKED UNFAIR!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePreyMan PHS

Senior Member

09-24-2014

Quote:
AngryMuffin:
Let me clarify something btw:

When I say, "you'll be in Gold III forever," I mean that you as a player will be Gold III and, at your current skill level, you personally won't get past it. The system doesn't just decide that you don't deserve higher. I needed to be explicit in case someone reads it and thinks, "LOL RANKED UNFAIR!"

in other words he'll never improve?


12