Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aria! (A small project)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeeCidIV

09-24-2014

Greetings, creative minds of League of Legends! There's a little project I wanna do and I'm gonna need your help!

This is Project Aria, a new MOBA that will involve a lot of champion creation!

WHAT IS ARIA?

Aria is not a real game! It is all conceptual and fan-made! Everything will written/typed on paper, just like everything in this Fan Creation forum.

Aria is a lot like League of Legends, but with a more cartoony/anime style and much different story, gameplay style, a whole new kind of venue system, and no fancy runes or masteries to make things more complicated. The game is focused at players new to the MOBA genre, with a more interactive and longer tutorial, kind of like Strife, and a more controlled disciplinary system, so that new players aren't turned away by the toxic players and trolls we all know and hate.

Aria is the name of the goddess who rules benevolently over the world. But a scientist studying the power of magic has opened a portal to the Netherworld, the world of the dead sealed off by Aria long ago. The dead living in the Netherworld now wish to take over Aria's precious world, but Aria has a plan: she will bring together an army of those chosen by her to fight the dead, and eventually, reseal the Netherworld.

And so, as you might have guessed, these "chosen" serve as the characters you will play as in-game. There are four main game modes: Classic, Defense, Co-op v. AI, and Custom. Classic is what will be most-played game mode, your average 5v5 on a three lane map. But this is actually just training the destined for the real thing. Defense is what I think makes Aria so unique and more lore-oriented. After you win 5 classic games, you can do a Defense game, which involves you in a team of 5 defending an artifact at a venue of choice from the dead of the Netherworld for a certain amount of time. These are very hard, but winning one is very rewarding. Co-op v. AI and Custom, well, since you probably play this game, this is self-explanatory.

But, what about (summoner) spells? Yes, these are in most MOBAs, and remember when I said this won't have any outside buffing, like runes and masteries? Well, it technically does have "summoner spells", but they come in form of items in each game. You can only buy one at lvl 1 and above and the second one at lvl 9 and above. Plus, they are free to buy, but you can't sell them once bought. Though, I might change this, since allowing you to change spells sounds like it could be good depending on what situation you are in during the game.

The destined will serve five main roles: Assassin, Carry, Guardian, Mage, and Warrior. Assassins are pretty much like they are in LoL, they just kill people and are annoying. Carries are the Marksmen of Aria. They're the squishy AA-based people who stay in the back lines and shoot away. Guardians are like the Tanks in this game, but they focus on scaling off of objectives and getting them and initiating team fights. Mages are like they are in this game, but they focus more on "controlling the battlefield" with CC and AOE spells. Finally, Warriors are like Bruisers in LoL. They're like the Carry, who try to use their AA do deal as much damage as possible, but they are much more beefy and have more CC.

Well, I think I've written down everything I've come up with. What do you think? Any likes/dislikes?

HOW CAN I HELP?

I know champion-creating is fun, and that's what I need a lot of help with. Heck, you don't even have to fully help. If you want to share a champion idea that you'd like me to include, or just to inspire me, in this fan-project, share it. Tell me what you want your champion to accomplish in the battlefield and the main parts of their skillset, if you have an idea of it. I'm open to other ideas!

If you want to help me develop, please, e-mail me at [email]IcyJK913@gmail.com[/email] and I'll see what I can do. If you have a specific role you love and want to work in, you can work in it. If you love assassins, you can help me design assassins, and just them (assassin is my favorite role by the way).

What I'm planning on doing is creating 1 character per each role, so then I'll have 5. Then I want to do that 4 more times so I have 25 base characters. This might take a while, but I think it'd be worth it to have such a diverse cast of characters.

SO... THEN WHAT?

Well, I don't want all of your ideas to go to waste! I want to share what we come up with. I was thinking I could create a wikia about this game. I've tried, but I don't understand how wikia works that much. If I could learn about it more, or if you know about wikia and want to help, again, contact me at the e-mail above.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to talking with you!

ALSO, CHECK OUT THE ARIA WIKIA!
http://legend-of-aria.wikia.com/wiki/Legend_of_Aria_Wiki

Secluded Death

09-24-2014

Yes.

LeeCidIV

09-24-2014

Quote:
Secluded Death:
Yes.

oui.

Secluded Death

09-24-2014

Quote:
LeeCidIV:
oui.

I e-mailed you with my thoughts

LeeCidIV

09-24-2014

Quote:
Secluded Death:
I e-mailed you with my thoughts

Ok.

BlindXSide

09-24-2014

Is this a project you plan on seeing through to be released to the public? If it is I would love to help come up with concepts but some more specific details on what types of characters inhabit the place and characteristics of the different races (if there are multiple) would be helpful.

LeeCidIV

09-24-2014

Quote:
BlindXSide:
Is this a project you plan on seeing through to be released to the public? If it is I would love to help come up with concepts but some more specific details on what types of characters inhabit the place and characteristics of the different races (if there are multiple) would be helpful.

I was planning on making a post in this thread about the world a bit later. The world is massive, and would take me awhile, but I can tell you about it personally in e-mail.

I just want to introduce it more professionally in this thread instead of briefly if I were to explain it to you.

LeeCidIV

09-24-2014

This post is to introduce the world of Aria more for those who are curious. This is not complete, so races and locations can and will be added throughout the development. I will highlight the more important locations and races in this post. If you do not care, just ignore this post.

First up, we have Harldstaad. This is the largest city in the world, and the most advanced, with large white walls surrounding the city and protecting it. But, it's law enforcement is VERY oppressive, and they are not that forgiving with bad behavior. Humans mainly reside in this town, but there are other races who wish to study at the university.

Next, we have Nebra, the dark city. This city is mainly inspired off of Noxus, but with a few differences. Nebra is ruled by greedy and stubborn aristocrats, while the commoners are poor and suffer much distress from the many secret societies that form in the city who practice black magics. This is also where a scientist studying magic accidentally opened the portal to the Netherworld. This portal is not located in Nebra though, but it actually moves around in random directions. Its location is currently unknown.

Next, we have Ceremite (pronounced seh-reh-mih-tee). This city was built around a large rock jutting out of a mountain (think pride rock from the Lion King, but much wider). On top of the rock, rich aristocrats live and make money off of the poor workers under the rock who work in manufacturing and mine the many minerals and rocks in the mountain.

Next, we have the Yowamba Forest. The Yowamba Forest is huge and unexplored, due to the toxic and dangerous wildlife that lives there. It is said that at the center of the jungle is a large temple made of gold, but this is only a mere legend.

Next, we have Komichi in the snowy north. Komichi is an asian-inspired city that lives in the snow. towering above the city are the great twin mountains, Mt. Kuri and Mt. Ari. It is said those who travel to the top of these mountains are granted with immortality, though due to the harsh weather, no one has done that before.

One of the races include the Sten, the great stone titans. When Aria created the world, she created a small ball with Sten. At the end of the Sten's life, land and stone would grow off them into more layers of land which create more Sten. This has been happening for hundreds of years until the world was finally made. It is said that all the Sten that created the world are still alive and are supporting the weight of the world. There are still very few Sten around, but they are more domestic and do not grow land off of themselves anymore.

Another race is the Pi Kao. These are small rodent-like humanoids who can speak human language and can act human, but still live in the wild and detest the idea of technology. Nothing much more is known about them, but they live in more forested areas.

Another race is the Coro, the most mysterious of them all. They live in the Inferna Desert, a large desert with dangerous wildlife. They are humanoid and take on a crow-like appearance and are capable of small amounts of flight.

I will edit this post as development goes along.

BlindXSide

09-24-2014

If you can share any details about it email me at [email]djdavidbuilder@gmail.com[/email] and I would love to read it over. I'll be looking forward to seeing more official details on this thread in the future.

junglerboy16

09-24-2014

While this seems like a really great concept, it does seem a little inappropriate to piggy back off of riot's forums to advertise it. Other than that, it sounds really cool, and like a good start to a new game!