What is "OP"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gamblez

Recruiter

02-02-2011

Is a Champion OP when you have to change your entire build/gameplay/funfactor to compensate for dealing with them?

Is a Champion OP when you feel that you will win a game because they are simply on your team?

Is a Champion OP when the potential of the champion is high but the difficulty of play is low?

Is a Champion OP when they can fill the rolls of tank/carry/cc/damage all flawlessy without faltering in any one area?

Or is a Character OP when they have all of the above?

Is there a champion out there who answers yes to all of the questions above?

skunkfart

02-02-2011

I champion is OP when he/she is too powerful.

Sticks223

02-02-2011

A champion is op when they're over powered.

Gamblez

Recruiter

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkfart View Post
I champion is OP when he/she is too powerful.
I believe "too powerful" is over-symplifying it. I don't know if any champions meet the criterea I listed, but I'm sure there are some who come close, while there are other champions who are so far from any of the above that champions that even come close to any of the above must be OP just because some champions are so frail and borderline useless compared to them.

Edit: by the way I meant what is "OP" not as in the definition. I mean the criterea that must be met for a champion to be considerd OP.

Ysmir

02-02-2011

Original Poster.

skunkfart

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblez View Post
I believe "too powerful" is over-symplifying it. I don't know if any champions meet the criterea I listed, but I'm sure there are some who come close, while there are other champions who are so far from any of the above that champions that even come close to any of the above must be OP just because some champions are so frail and borderline useless compared to them.
A champion can be overpowered for any number of reasons. There are multiple facets of this game. Early, Middle, Late, farming, ganking, pushing, etc.

If anything is just-too-good, it's OP. Pretty self-explanatory.

Mordiford

02-02-2011

Any or all of the above.

Depending on the extent.

AzuMakii

02-02-2011

an champ is op when u just lost to him, and u have to qq bout it on the forum, next u 3 games later u face the same champ u compleatly roflstomp him knowing ur threat was a waste of ur and others times :-\

Gamblez

Recruiter

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordiford View Post
Any or all of the above.

Depending on the extent.
Good answer. Do you believe there are certain champions out there who meet most if not all?

Arecanderu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblez View Post
Is a Champion OP when you have to change your entire build/gameplay/funfactor to compensate for dealing with them?

Is a Champion OP when you feel that you will win a game because they are simply on your team?

Is a Champion OP when the potential of the champion is high but the difficulty of play is low?

Is a Champion OP when they can fill the rolls of tank/carry/cc/damage all flawlessy without faltering in any one area?

Or is a Character OP when they have all of the above?

Is there a champion out there who answers yes to all of the questions above?
I have the same questions, before I thought that a champ is OP when their balance survivality/damage/utility was better than other champs that have a similar role (for example, in that logic I had Anivia was OP compared to other casters) but later I added more and more variables like mechanical difficult, tactical difficult, benefice/risk ratio and now I donīt know what are the real criterias to know if a champ is OP, balanced or UP =/