Recommended Champions for Ranked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ancalgon

02-02-2011

Hi everyone, well I just got to level 30 and I was wondering what Champions are good for ranked games. My friends tell me that the competition is a lot harder and I would like some help picking out a new person to main with on ranked games.

I'm really good with Lux and Fiddle; and, pretty much most all other caster characters except Eve. I've been looking around the forums and everyone seems to say that Jax is a beast along with Twisted Fate and a few others.

Also in the forums I read that some champions like Rammus are "Banned" for some reason I do not know if it is true this is why I am asking.

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Erenia

02-02-2011

Rammus is permabanned cause nobody wants to meet him with his fast jungling and insane jungleganks as early as level 2/3.
If he is not banned make sure you pick him to your team ASAP, even if the one on your team aren't too hot on him he will make up for it by the opps not getting him.

Lux is a good pick for ranked.. But I think a lot of champions are. Just try to find the best champion that completes it's role in the team, balancing good damage output with survivability/CC and to the degree it is need supporters.
However. Taking a champion you are good at is often better then going out of your way to find what champion best complete the team, in my oppinion. Also.. Playing a champion you enjoy playing often makes you better, at least over time.

Ancalgon

02-02-2011

Hey thank you very much I will keep this in mind when I am picking a champion.

Trymantha

02-02-2011

if you just got to lvl 30 sticked to normal untill you have full runes pages for ap carries dps carries and tanks.

in ranked runes are essential and only play champs you really know.

HaHayoureDEAD

02-02-2011

You like playing casters are good at them right? Then play malzahar. AOE silence, AOE tank melting thingy.....(null zone), and malific vision that jumps around, then your ultimate that supresses.