Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Chamber of Torment - (Ask Renekton)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ButcherofShurima

09-30-2014

The smell of her perfume was caught by the lizard's nostrils the very moment she entered the tomb. It's scent, familiar, mysterious, provocative and exotic. Renekton decided to stay still, whoever it was, it was gonna find it's way into the chamber one way or another. The scent slowly started getting stronger, a sign that it's owner was getting closer to meeting him face to face. It had been quite sometime since he had a visitor and for a moment he was excited about seeing a new face. A part of him wanted it to be his brother, he longed to meet him in person and engage in exquisite battle but alas it would have to be for another day. Nevertheless, a plethora of mysteries and curiosities were possible with the arrival of this visitor who he still wondered who it might be.

Someone else was also excited, also smelling the scent of the perfume, Renekton could feel how his blade called out to him, it was hungry for blood and like a predator in the wild the scent of the perfume had ticked it off. The blade's gleam reflected off the purple light above him as he continued to wait for the visitor who got closer each passing moment. Thoughts of murder, massacre and violence ran through his mind, product of the blade calling out for blood and chaos, it wanted to be swung, it wanted to feel flesh, cut through it and feed on the thoughts that were carried in such bodies. Then it happened, a mysterious and alluring voice called out to him, the visitor had arrived. Renekton slowly turned his head to the side to watch his newest guest through his peripherals, his bloodshot eyes locking with the female figure by the entrance that awaited a response.

A sinister sneer came from his mouth before suddenly, he leapt into the air and with tremendous force landed right in front of the mysterious woman, the ground shaking underneath him and small strings of sand now fell from the ceiling on top of his body. Immediately after, Renekton let out a thundering and frightful roar for a good five seconds that echoed across the entire tomb, the jaws of the lizard champion opened as wide as they could, the monstrous sound booming from the deepest bowels of it's throat. Even it's tongue resonated with the noise produced by vocal chords and chunks of thick saliva were sent flying in all directions, some of them landing right on the shoulder of the visitor. Shortly after his initial stunt, his eyes kept a fixated look on the saffron colored ones of his visitor, a good look let Renekton know this woman wasn't too different from himself. For it looked like she had also undergone a monstrous transformation, giving her the body of a serpent. Yet for some reason, Renekton could swear he had seen those Saffron eyes before, it didn't take long for him to connect the dots and when he did, his jaws opened wide once again but instead of a roar, a mad laughter ensued.

Renekton stepped back, his laughter far from stopping, it echoed across the entire chamber. He couldn't believe it, the same woman that had released him and Xerath from the tomb had come back for who knows what. A part of him was still undergoing the process of acknowledging he had received a visitor, but the other couldn't help but know more of the purpose of the visit. Finally after a good dozen seconds of non stop laughter, Renekton controlled himself and now fixated his eyes on his visitor's saffrons. He sinked his blade into the floor and crossed his arms, towering over the woman before speaking forth.

"Of course I do, how could I miss those eyes of yours.... haha! Cut to the chase, what did you come here for, Xerath's gone and unless you came with news of my brother or came to help me kill him I couldn't think of another reason for you to visit me. I'm really not a tea or coffee person you know. However, I guess my blade could feed on your hidden intentions, she particularly likes the flavor of treason, want to find out?" He said with a wide grin that showcased his large fangs, he then placed a hand on top of the sword, tapping the blade with his claw.

Vinsancenara

10-01-2014

Hearing one of the most ravaging champions lived in Shurima, he had to sneak back in undetected. He cloaked himself in the finest of Shurima's sand silk like robes. He traveled many days in secret to find this creature. Something bothered him about the day that changed his life. Was the elders hiding something from him? He would never know now because of his exilement so he had to be careful of who he seeked out. He heard of rumors that Renekton would know something about the bandits as he seemed like one himself, but only more... vicious if provoked.

Days upon days of harsh traveling and slight cursing, he found himself at the place Renekton was staying. He looked around at the sight, a bit saddening, but also curious and intriguing as this would be a perfect spot to summon those that has fallen in battle. However to his defeat, he felt no bodies relatively close by and cursed once more under his breath. As he entered, his forest green eyes scanned around. His feet tapped at the floor as he walked forward. It smelled of lizard in here and he called out.
"I know your in here. I need to know of some information from you in regards to some... bandits." His voice slightly twisted from his transformation.

ButcherofShurima

10-02-2014

Quote:
Vinsancenara:
Hearing one of the most ravaging champions lived in Shurima, he had to sneak back in undetected. He cloaked himself in the finest of Shurima's sand silk like robes. He traveled many days in secret to find this creature. Something bothered him about the day that changed his life. Was the elders hiding something from him? He would never know now because of his exilement so he had to be careful of who he seeked out. He heard of rumors that Renekton would know something about the bandits as he seemed like one himself, but only more... vicious if provoked.

Days upon days of harsh traveling and slight cursing, he found himself at the place Renekton was staying. He looked around at the sight, a bit saddening, but also curious and intriguing as this would be a perfect spot to summon those that has fallen in battle. However to his defeat, he felt no bodies relatively close by and cursed once more under his breath. As he entered, his forest green eyes scanned around. His feet tapped at the floor as he walked forward. It smelled of lizard in here and he called out.
"I know your in here. I need to know of some information from you in regards to some... bandits." His voice slightly twisted from his transformation.

Renekton opened his eyes to the scent of flesh. Another visitor had made it's way into the Tomb of the Emperors. But this one didn't carry the scent of perfume of his last visitor, this one was different, it smelled delicious and ready to eat. Renekton was hungry and the scent was like a blessing arriving at his door, he quickly delighted his mind in the thought that he would have something different than snake or vermin tonight. His blade wasn't that far off, and Renekton could hear in his mind how the blade called out for blood and violence, she wanted to pry the secrets from this visitor that had invaded their realm, she wanted to feed on all of that it carried and bathe it's metal on it's blood. Sensing the newcomer close to his door, he slowly slithered his way across the walls in a surprisingly stealthy manner, something not common of the lizard champion. Making as little noise as possible, the lizard used the darkness of the hallway to hide his monstrous body, keeping his breathing and sneering as quiet as possible as he stalked his prey.

The closer he got to the victim, the more he could have a feeling of who this person was, he sensed questions, doubts waiting to be answered by this sudden visitor. Could it be that it was searching for his brother Nasus for counsel? Did he hear rumors that it might find the ascended champion here in the tomb of the emperors where the lizard made his home? Renekton kept it's pace, slow and steady keeping all sort of noise to a minimum as he used his claws to cling from the walls. In moments he heard it, steps, coming from the end of the hall, the victim was here and near his grasp. He could see from the horizon, the robes worn by some young man that now cautiously made it's way through the darkened hallway. Renekton stopped his movement, he waited patiently for the victim to come to him. His breathing and heartbeat went to an all time low as slowly with each step he anticipated the inevitable attack, his grip on his sword getting tighter and tighter the closer the victim came towards him.

The suddenly the victim stops, a few steps ahead of Renekton's current position. He wondered what was going on, did he sensed his presence? Was his ambush spoiled? Who was this stranger that visited his door. The doubts kept rushing as soon as the stranger spoke his mind:

"I know your in here. I need to know of some information from you in regards to some... bandits."

He needed who? Him? Renekton, Butcher of the Sands?? For a moment Renekton was puzzled beyond belief, who ever needed HIM? OF all people HIM. All his life, Renekton had been a bodyguard, a servant, a guardian, someone that people didn't look after or looked forward to meeting and asking for help. He didn't own a large library of secrets like his brother that made all sorts of greedy folk flock to his door. He didn't own any treasures that made hungry graverobbers and looters come to his chamber. He didn't have anything whatsoever that would make anyone or anything come to his door asking for something, especially information. Yet this persona, this stranger, this victim in his eyes, wanted something from him. Suddenly the victim became curiosity and Renekton kept his watch as the figure simply stood there as if he was waiting for his answer. The figure didn't move, it felt as if he already knew Renekton was there. But there was only one way to find out. Slightly opening his jaws and a small flow of thick saliva dropping from the tip, Renekton prepared to make his entrance.

His mind swirled with all sorts of violent thoughts as the blade began to whisper to him all sorts of temptations to do with the stranger which the sword viewed as a victim. Renekton's mind began to swirl with a mix of madness and reason that made his eyes glow bright purple. Finally ready to make the strike, Renekton released his grip from the walls and leaped right behind the stranger, landing on his two feet and with a loud thud. Immediately he sinked his large sword right in front of the stranger as if blocking his only exit and made an intimidating roar that echoed across the entire hallway, his bloodshot eyes staring at his as he sank pure terror into his mind.

Vinsancenara

10-03-2014

Nooji did not like waiting for an answer as he stood there in silence. Sure, lizards were known to be so quiet that their victim would not know they were there. However, Nooji could sense his presence as he waited. He brought out the red and black book with the silver spine. He began to look through it while he waited for the lizard to try and scare him. He flipped through a page or two when Renekton jumped past him as he simply stepped out of the way. When he blocked the way out and roared, he laughed darkly. "Is that supposed to scare me, Renekton?" It was if Nooji was not afraid of Renekton at all. His eyes glued to the book he was now reading over.

His body gave off a violent purple hue that glowed under his cloak.
"I would have been intimdated by your presence twelve years ago had I not read from... as some could say... the forbidden book." He chanted some words he read and a dark cloud covered him and should Renekton try to attack him, Nooji would be ten feet further into the place with two long dead, skinless warriors at his side. "I like this game you play. But you have not answered questions of mine. Do you, or do you not know of the bandits that struck the lower part of the elders tribe nineteen years ago?"

He waited for any sort of responce, his eyes kept to the book that he chanted from, saying one verse and the warriors slowly grew skin over their bones. He removed his hood, medium brown hair showed more clearly, the pointiness of his ears and the tan of his skin showed, the violent purple hue was still there, linguring on his skin. His forest green eyes looked to Renekton, waiting.

SerpantsEmbrace

10-03-2014

Quote:
ButcherofShurima:
The smell of her perfume was caught by the lizard's nostrils the very moment she entered the tomb. It's scent, familiar, mysterious, provocative and exotic. Renekton decided to stay still, whoever it was, it was gonna find it's way into the chamber one way or another. The scent slowly started getting stronger, a sign that it's owner was getting closer to meeting him face to face. It had been quite sometime since he had a visitor and for a moment he was excited about seeing a new face. A part of him wanted it to be his brother, he longed to meet him in person and engage in exquisite battle but alas it would have to be for another day. Nevertheless, a plethora of mysteries and curiosities were possible with the arrival of this visitor who he still wondered who it might be.

Someone else was also excited, also smelling the scent of the perfume, Renekton could feel how his blade called out to him, it was hungry for blood and like a predator in the wild the scent of the perfume had ticked it off. The blade's gleam reflected off the purple light above him as he continued to wait for the visitor who got closer each passing moment. Thoughts of murder, massacre and violence ran through his mind, product of the blade calling out for blood and chaos, it wanted to be swung, it wanted to feel flesh, cut through it and feed on the thoughts that were carried in such bodies. Then it happened, a mysterious and alluring voice called out to him, the visitor had arrived. Renekton slowly turned his head to the side to watch his newest guest through his peripherals, his bloodshot eyes locking with the female figure by the entrance that awaited a response.

A sinister sneer came from his mouth before suddenly, he leapt into the air and with tremendous force landed right in front of the mysterious woman, the ground shaking underneath him and small strings of sand now fell from the ceiling on top of his body. Immediately after, Renekton let out a thundering and frightful roar for a good five seconds that echoed across the entire tomb, the jaws of the lizard champion opened as wide as they could, the monstrous sound booming from the deepest bowels of it's throat. Even it's tongue resonated with the noise produced by vocal chords and chunks of thick saliva were sent flying in all directions, some of them landing right on the shoulder of the visitor. Shortly after his initial stunt, his eyes kept a fixated look on the saffron colored ones of his visitor, a good look let Renekton know this woman wasn't too different from himself. For it looked like she had also undergone a monstrous transformation, giving her the body of a serpent. Yet for some reason, Renekton could swear he had seen those Saffron eyes before, it didn't take long for him to connect the dots and when he did, his jaws opened wide once again but instead of a roar, a mad laughter ensued.

Renekton stepped back, his laughter far from stopping, it echoed across the entire chamber. He couldn't believe it, the same woman that had released him and Xerath from the tomb had come back for who knows what. A part of him was still undergoing the process of acknowledging he had received a visitor, but the other couldn't help but know more of the purpose of the visit. Finally after a good dozen seconds of non stop laughter, Renekton controlled himself and now fixated his eyes on his visitor's saffrons. He sunk his blade into the floor and crossed his arms, towering over the woman before speaking forth.

"Of course I do, how could I miss those eyes of yours.... haha! Cut to the chase, what did you come here for, Xerath's gone and unless you came with news of my brother or came to help me kill him I couldn't think of another reason for you to visit me. I'm really not a tea or coffee person you know. However, I guess my blade could feed on your hidden intentions, she particularly likes the flavor of treason, want to find out?" He said with a wide grin that showcased his large fangs, he then placed a hand on top of the sword, tapping the blade with his claw.

As the creature sprang towards her, Cassiopeia fully realized just how little control over the situation she had. This whole journey, created by a whimsical need clawing at the back of her mind, had led her into the den of a creature she knew next to nothing about. The unfamiliar twinges of panic began to cloud her mind as the creature roared, and she felt the strong urge to run.

Never let fear rule you.

The voice of her father echoed in her mind, causing Cassiopeia to pause. She exhaled gently, suppressing the fear and panic. She met the eyes of the reptilian beast, and it paused. She noticed the spark of recognition in it's gaze as it's territorial roar turned to mad laughter. The noblewoman relaxed slightly. She was safe, if only for the moment. Cassiopeia felt Renekton's words wash over her like a heated tide of fury. Despite his apparent madness, even his voice commanded the power of the Ascended. She focused back on the task at hand. Madness, while unpredictable, could be directed. But she would have to be careful. "I did not know you had a brother. The hatred you feel for him radiates from you. He has betrayed you, perhaps?" The corner of her lip curled into a small smirk. "I am no stranger to betrayal, Ascendent Renekton. If revenge is what you seek, why do you remain here?"

ButcherofShurima

10-04-2014

((Alright everyone listen up, in preparation for the Forums closing tommorow, im copy pasting all my posts in this thread and placing them on a word document. I suggest everyone else also does the same with their own posts so they can be transferred to the thread that will be created on the Boards if we ever get one, or in whatever forum the community decides to transfer to. Thank you all for your great cooperation and your participation on this amazing thread so far! LOVE YOU ALL! <3 ))