Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Chamber of Torment - (Ask Renekton)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ButcherofShurima

09-24-2014

(( Welcome to my ask thread, first of all I want to give thanks to Queen of Focus for the inspiration behind the theme of the OP (I FINALLY GOT SOUND STUFF TO WORK <3). Before posting, I want to give several guidelines that are very important to know beforehand so that you have proper direction when addressing the champion in this thread.

This renekton follows current Lore which although small, is enough to at least get some stuff rolling with him and gives alot of room for fan-generated content. That being said there are some events in which the theme behind this thread follows that can help any character establish a connection to Renekton regardless of which lore you choose. These events were interpreted personally by me to help explain some sort of transition between the old and new lore so that this thread can somewhat act like threads using the old lore. These events are the following:

• Although it appears that the Institute of War was completely erased from the lore after Shurima, it doesn't mean it didn't exist at some point during the timeline of this thread. For all intents and purposes the Institute of War is viewed here as a fallen organization from the past, much like the grand Shurima city before Azir's resurrection. If your character is heavily related to the Institute of War, have this detail in mind and think how your character would act in an era where the institute is no longer in power but it is clearly remembered.
  • This thread draws from both Old and New lore, feel free to bring material from both camps in your posts as well, as long as they don't contradict each other but rather complement themselves.
  • Going back to the Institute of War no longer in power, it would also make sense that the Institute guided Ask Program wouldn't make sense here. Well to my understanding, the Ask program is about sending letters and last time I checked, the Institute didn't have a monopoly on Pens and Papers and it wasn't UPS. So yes, letters can also be received here regardless of the status of the Institute. That being said, it is highly favored and would make sense in most cases that an initial physical visit to Renekton be made before conversation with Letters are made since in most cases to Renekton, seeing a letter from someone he doesn't even recognize can tempt him to use the paper for more "bare" necessities. Just make sure to keep your distance and i'll try to behave.
))

The darkness of the hall was almost a direct reflection of the suffering and pain that emanated like an aura from the walls. You have entered the darkest parts of Shurima, somewhere, in the tomb of the emperors you walk through one of the endless hallways. Even through the bleak darkness that surrounds you and the chill that runs through your spine, you can see the gleaming beauty of golden walls with endless scriptures and hieroglyphs engraved on them. Gems and other treasures can also be seen encrusted between the paintings that told stories of old times, both glorious and dreadful. If your greedy desire or your innocent curiosity overtakes you and pushes you towards touching or attempting to grab one of the gems in the walls, you quickly notice it taking life as the legs of a scarab suddenly jut out from underneath and the bug now scatters away into a crevice nearby. Or perhaps your eyes are caught in awe by the pictures of ancient events being spoken by the silent walls. Pictures of an ancient civilization during it's golden age, pictures of this civilization going through moments of strife, glory and prosperity.

However perhaps the detail that most overtakes you is the fact that the closer you get to the walls, the more you can hear the faint sound of conversations, coming straight from the pictures themselves. It's as if the events that were being described through motionless pictures were now happening once again in front of the viewer. You could hear the sound of swords clashing, soldiers shouting and the commands of a particular fellow drowning out any other noises around it.

"Push them out! Clear the way for the cavalry! GRRRAAAAHHHHGGHHH......hhh.....hh....hh...h..." It's monstrous scream echoing into the distance and fading into the darkness.

If your knowledge was on point you might have recognized this as all part of a segment describing the ancient Rune Wars that were fought in Shurima. The monstrous voice coming from none but one of the ascended champions of the ancient city and a captain of the armies of the emperor. This is all confirmed as your eyes gaze upon a picture of the captain and it's lizard like head overlooking at a phalanx of soldiers as they charged the enemy on the other side. Yet perhaps not even this was the thing that caught your eyes the most, perhaps it was the fact that the pictures on the walls appeared as if they were repainted over the original hieroglyphs with almost perfect precision. The paint however was a dark red, almost uniform in nature around each and every painting. A closer inspection gave away the nature behind the color, it was ancient blood, dried out and preserved for eternity in the walls that spoke nothing but the story behind their engravings. As you realize the morbid nature of the paintings, a chill runs down your spine and you hear the roar of a creature, deep in the hall. You think if you should continue or if you should simply turn back, yet a feeling overwhelms you now, a feeling that wants to draw you in closer and deeper into the hallway.

Perhaps your greed is giving into this feeling or perhaps your curiosity, whatever it is, you now start to slowly walk further into the dark hall with bloody paintings surrounding you left and right. The faint conversations suddenly can be heard again, this time without requiring you to stay close to the walls. You hear voices but for some reason it's as if the voices were speaking to themselves. It doesn't take long for you to realize these were thoughts being told by the silent walls around you.

"I will learn the curator's secrets... I'll learn them and become the master of all.... all.... all....al...."

"The curator will know how to make me rich, and once I am, I will own this country for myself... myself..... mysel...."

"My master says I will become better than him in time, I can't wait that long, but I know the curator has the knowledge I seek. I will become more powerful than my master could ever imagine.... imagine.... imagine.... imag...."

You hear them, thoughts of Greed, Corruption, Madness. Thoughts that engulf your mind with the evil that permeates them and sink into your soul in an attempt to recreate them in your own mind. Moments later your ears catch the agony filled screams of the owners of the vile thoughts, in the middle of what appeared as a massacre, the angry shouts of their executioner could be heard calling out to the vile thoughts.

"Get out! My brother will never be corrupted by the likes of you! Get out before my blade feasts on your blood.... blood......blo...."

The vile thoughts however continued, they got louder and louder and in moments started to drown your ears in madness, if your will was strong enough your pace might have continued forward. Or perhaps it was just too much and you fall to the floor on your knees, covering your ears as you try to keep the thoughts away from you. Or perhaps you even revel on them as you continue your greed or curiosity induced pace into the deepest part of the hall. One thing is for certain, the roars of the creature continue and the clashing of it's blade could be heard as it made clean sweeps of it's enemies, the dying cries of it's victims heard shortly after. But one couldn't help but notice as the creature that fell these evil induced thoughts, was starting to turn himself and what started as a duty now became a joyful pleasure, the creature inducing into a mad laughter the closer you stepped into the hall.

"I can do this forever! Come! Bring your sinister plans to my blade, she wants your blood and my brother will never, never know.... know.....kn....."

By now your eyes have adapted to the darkness, as as the echoing thoughts that once drowned your mind are now far from reach, your eyes gaze upon another scene of pure carnage. Bones, probably belonging to the bearers of the thoughts heard earlier, are now scattered across all parts of the hallway and right in front of you lies the battered door to a chamber. One of the doors is off it's hinges and rests diagonally against the other door, as if someone had forced itself out. A faint purple light is seen in the distance, showering a dark, menacing body at it's very center. The light briefly shines over a metallic piece within the body and the gleam of a large blade is revealed. Suddenly voices can be heard again, as if coming from the gate itself.

"Close it! Close it now Nasus! Leave me be.... be..... be..." A mad ethereal laughter is also heard accompanying this.

"I slayed them for my brother! They wanted his secrets! I protected him! AHHHHH....Ahhh....ah..."

"He's left me.... no... NO... he will come back, I know he will... will... wi..."

"Nasus sent me here... he sent me to this prison of Torment... to suffer for eternity... why Brother... brother... bro..."

"I will defeat him!!! Then i'll send him to this prison so he can suffer for all time! All in the name of the master... master.... mas...."

At this point you are at the very end of the hall. Your body now starts speaking to you telling you to stay where you are, go back to where you came or go into the gate and face what's inside. The adrenaline rushes through your blood as the thoughts of what to do come into your mind. Greed, Curiosity are no longer a factor here, it has all come down to meeting what's across the battered gate. Your heart pounds with anxiety and sweat drops across your forehead and neck. As you now take the first step forward and give into either bravery or outright foolishness, a bone cracks underneath your feet and the sound echoes across the hallway. The figure inside the room suddenly raises it's head and sniffs the air. It lets out a maniacal laughter as it realizes what just happened.

"I can smell your fear. Come inside, and face Renekton, Butcher of the Sands! Tell me now, are you here to see my brother?"

BloatedBile

09-24-2014

dear renren,

what do you like to eat?

-bb

ButcherofShurima

09-25-2014

Quote:
BloatedBile:
dear renren,

what do you like to eat?

-bb

A silhouette suddenly appears above Renekton, it covers a small space between his feet and the purple light that bathe his body from the crack in the ceiling. The silhouette however catches the lizard's attention as it expands and contracts in a wave like motion, each expansion getting slightly bigger and bigger. That is until he notices the origin of the silhouette. A small piece of paper now slightly makes it's decent in front of him, flipping uninterrupted, the purple light giving a slight gleam to the ink plastered in the words inside. Renekton catches the piece of paper in his hand and brings it up to his eyes. He stares at it for a good five seconds, analyzing it's contents.

"What do you like to eat?"

Such a simple question yet such a complex answer for the ascended lizard warrior. The mere look at the question started to harvest a feeling a hunger in Renekton's stomach. Perhaps it was cause the answer could be so many things, but at least they all shared something in common, meat. Whether it was fish, cattle or bird, Renekton ate them all. In the chamber things were limited, only vermin, snake and the occasional fallen bird were at immediate disposal. But none of them were more delicious and more satisfying than the maddened thoughts of foolish invaders to his realm, like when he was the gatekeeper of his brother's library. There was something about this specific delicacy that fed him like none other, it gave him strength, it gave him fury but most of all, it filled him with madness, a feeling that was almost addictive. But it wasn't only Renekton who craved for this kind of meal, but his blade as well, he could remember how it called out to him, asking for more corrupted blood to wash it's metal surface and absorb it like if it fed of some kind of power from it.

One thing was for certain, the question had awoken hunger on the lizard man and before it could get any worse, he decided to answer it to the mysterious individual by the initials of BB who had thought of him for reasons yet to be answered. He flipped the paper, then made a slight cut on his left arm with his blade, enough blood pouring out from it to bathe his claw and slowly but surely write a reply back to the mysterious BB.

Quote:
Dear BB,

Whoever you are, you have made me hungry, but I thank you for reminding me of the most succulent pleasures I have ever given the right of my mouth to taste. I will rightfully answer you that although I can eat anything I can fit on my jaws, my favorite meal is the foolish thoughts of foolish individuals, there is something about them that gives me an exhilarating feeling in my stomach, and my blade also appears to like them as well. Perhaps you can join us for dinner one day at this chamber of torment, don't worry, I won't bite.

Regards,

Renekton.

ButcherofShurima

09-26-2014

The Rune Wars - Birth of the Ascended

The Rune Wars which were waged across all Valoran would shape the continents history through decades until the denizens of the continent suddenly realized the effects it had on their world and the Institute of War would be made to make sure Runeterra's fate wouldn't be decided by the ones that made it their home. But long before the Institute of War, long before the League of Legends or anything remotely similar was even thought of, one specific Rune War would shape the legacy of an entire kingdom. This one was fought on Shurima Desert and it would become an event that would give birth to one of the most powerful empires Valoran had ever known. It would shape the destiny of a multitude of individuals for hundreds of years and show Valoran that even the most humble of beginnings could turn into the most marvelous and grandiose of endings.

The empire of Shurima wasn't always the fabled civilization the myths spoke so greatly about, it didn't always have the powerful ascended guardians that protected it's seemingly untouchable emperor. Almost a thousand years ago, Shurima was merely a tribe of nomad traders that made the desert their home. This tribe traveled across the entire desert, trading all sorts of goods and valuables to different and distant outposts scattered across the dunes. The tribe was leaded by the desert bandit, Rashid, a humble man that simply lived day by day for his people. Rashid however, was also quite ambitious, he dreamed of the day the tribes of Shurima wouldn't walk the entire desert no more, he dreamed of a city where all tribes would live, and trade and commerce would flourish making it the richest city in all of Valoran. Little did he know that destiny was preparing him for something far greater than anything he could imagine.

But one thing stood in his way of all these dreams, the Onyx giants. Standing at 11 feet tall, with hardened obsidian skin and magical runes engraved across their entire bodies. These humanoid shaped gigantic creatures ruled the Shurima desert with an iron fist and encounters with Rashid's trading band always proved fatal to the almost defenseless tradesmen. It was said that the Onyx giants were products of summoning magic by wizards and warlocks that wanted to exact their rule on the desert grounds, but so far no traces could be done to such claims. Rashid knew, that if he ever wanted to unite the trading tribes into one big commerce center, the Onyx giants had to go, forever. However, for the time being, that literally looked impossible.

Destiny has a way with finding itself however, and things were about to change. For you see, in Rashid's band of traders were two brothers, orphaned at a small age, that looked up to each other and to Rashid as the father they lost long ago. Their names were Nasus and Renekton, youngsters with hearts of gold and a rather unceasing amount of energy in them. Rashid saw them as his sons and made sure to show them all sorts of tricks of the trade and the art of negotiation like a true trade prince. He also made sure of sharing with them his goals of a future Shurima, he wanted to make sure that should anything happen to him, that they could take over the tribe and with hope and trust in them, let them complete what Rashid couldn't finish. The youngsters, while still maturing, had quite the understanding of what their father figure expected of them, well perhaps with varying degrees of understanding between both of them, since Nasus proved to be the more calculating of the two while Renekton being the more hastier to action.

Destiny had something for these two youngsters, a purpose that would shape their lives for eternity, and help shape the destiny of an entire nation. During a caravan towards one of the distant trading outposts, Rashid's band suddenly came under attack by a group of Onyx giants. The attack was with such a surprise, Rashid's men literally didn't have a chance. Rashid himself, seeing the situation rather dire, instructed both youngsters to run as far as they could and hide in the very first place they could find, he promised them he would meet them wherever they went, but they had to run, now. Nasus knew the truth, but he kept quiet, he wanted his little brother to believe in his father figure for the time being. Both youngsters did as they were told and ran as far away as they could. Rashid's heart sank in the pain of seeing them go all alone, the feeling dragging along with him as he now turned to face an attacking Onyx giant. That would be the last time the youngsters saw their father figure for a long, long time.

Nasus and Renekton kept running and running until they found a place to hide. In front of them, laid an ancient temple with statues of what appeared to be great lords of an ancient time with heads of different animals in each one. The youngsters stared in awe at the great monuments around them before slowly heading inside the temple. They arrived to bleak darkness, a chill running down their spine as they quietly made their descent into the innards of the temple. One thing was for certain, the youngsters couldn't help but notice the great amount of wall scriptures and hieroglyphs that surrounded them at both sides, they each told a different story the youngsters were so eager to decipher. Nasus and Renekton walked through the rooms until they reached a straight hall with a bright light bathing some sort of device in the center. Renekton was the first one to notice and quickly started getting excited as he pulled on his older brother's arm. The youngsters finally entered the massive room with the shiny artifact at the very center, their eyes in awe at the sight of such a marvelous piece of unknown in front of them. Renekton, filled to the top with curiosity couldn't help but step forward and touch the artifact, even with Nasus clearly trying to get his hands away from the device.

As soon as the youngsters soft hands touched the device, it lit up and two rays of light were sent straight at Nasus and Renekton, hitting them straight in the chest. The youngsters at first screamed at the top of their lungs, confused of what was happening, but the feeling would only get worse as they suddenly realized they were being turned into something else. Renekton and Nasus both watched in horror as one's skin suddenly grew scales and a snout while the other grew fur and a long nose, their screams turning into bestial roars and their bodies triplicating in size. One final bright flash of light consumed both bodies and ended the transformation. Once the blinding light was gone, Nasus and Renekton looked at each other with confused and terrorized faces. The youngsters had become massive creatures with heads resembling animals, golden armor adorned their bodies and their eyes now had a fiery feel to them they could sense. The light surrounding the artifact had now moved it's location and now bathed with light at several weapons in front of the brothers, who now wondered for a second if the light was trying to tell them something. They both took their time before slowly stepping forward towards the weapons rack.

Among them was a long quarterstaff, a trident, a sword, a spear, an axe, a chain, a pair of gauntlets and many others. Nasus was surprisingly quick to choose his weapon, the quarterstaff which he took a moment to gaze upon it and admire it's beauty and craftsmanship, he was certain this was the weapon fit for him. Renekton took his time, since multiple weapons caught his eye. But as his ears passed along the sword, he could hear something calling out to him, a voice, unrecognizable, coming from the sword as if it was trying to tell him something. Renekton walked over to the weapon and held it in his arms, admiring it's rather smooth and shiny surface which reflected his new lizard face. The voices in his head continued, this time increasing in frequency. It didn't take long to realize for Renekton that the sword had chosen him as it's wielder, a wide grin appeared on his face as he made his choice. But there wasn't time to relish on their newly acquired gifts for as soon as Renekton had made it's choice, a bright light engulfed both brothers all around them. They looked to the sides all confused, thinking what else was in store for them but before they could act, both brothers suddenly vanished from existence.

The brothers were sent to a state between realities to which they would not see the light of Shurima's day until the fateful day their purpose would become a reality. That day was brought upon by Rashid himself, the lone survivor of the ambush made by the Onyx giants. Rashid actually spent days searching for his adopted sons, he spent weeks in the desert, surviving on what little he had before giving up hope. He swore to the spirits of the desert that he would have his vengeance, he would make his dream of creating a city out of Shurima and he would do it in dedication of his two lost would be sons. Rashid embarked on a journey to unite the tribes, and unite them towards one purpose, war. Town after town, outpost after outpost, hundreds joined Rashid's cause and prepared for their first great battle against the Onyx giants. In the eastern dunes of the Shurima Desert, three thousand armed bandits and traders banded together to face the Onyx threat face to face. From the sands, the runic giants came forth to battle the traders. Rashid showed more courage that day that any other time in his life, he was ready to die for his people and bring in a new future to his home.

The line was drawn and hundreds upon hundreds of Onyx giants now made a charge against the incoming bandits and thieves. The two factions now clashed in a thundering encounter of blade versus hardened fist and magic. However, it didn't take long for the thieves to realize they were outgunned. One Onyx giant could go against two dozen bandits and their much more advanced access to magical heat beams made short work of any advancing force. Rashid was devastated, in only a single battle he saw the end of his ambitions and the end of the future of his people, he saw helpless as hundreds of bandits that at one point were more than willing to give their lives in battle, now run for their lives screaming at the top of their lungs for mercy. Rashid had brought his people to a slaughterhouse and was seeing the consequences first hand. Destiny however, would have things her way in the end and in the bleakest of moments, when all was dire, two bright towers of light suddenly appeared in the middle of the Onyx force. From them two gigantic warriors came forth, Nasus and Renekton had been summoned into the battle to aide Rashid's cause.

The brothers at first were confused, opening their eyes for the first time in almost a year since the events of the mysterious artifact. But as soon as their eyes met the Onyx giants they knew what they appeared for. Without thinking twice, the brothers unleashed their arms against the enemy, ripping the giants seemly indestructible skin apart. Nasus unleashed the power of runic magic on scores of Onyx giants that now charged the ascended champion in vain, only to fall to the burning might of his spells and be smashed by the force of his staff. Renekton sliced and diced his way through hoards of incoming Onyx giants, crushing any that stood in his way. The giants didn't stand a chance, and in moments, both brothers had decimated what at once appeared to be an unstoppable force. The moral within the surviving bandits soared to unseen heights and the people of Rashid now believed a future was possible. Rashid, watched from the distance as these two sudden heroes had turned an entire losing battle into a victory and rallied the hearts of his people like nothing he could have ever done. He raced to meet the heroes face to face and thank them for their service, only to receive the biggest surprise he could ever imagine, the heroes were his adopted sons.

Rashid went on to make a rather emotional reunion with the long lost brothers, but the war was far from over, the battle had been seen, the power of the ascended heroes witnessed by greater forces of beyond, and the Onyx would be back with a vengeance. The birth of Shurima would be earned through blood, sweat, and sacrifice....

SerpantsEmbrace

09-26-2014

((HNNNNNG YOU MAKE ME WANT TO DO THINGS WITH YOU.

.....Roleplaying things....Dunno what you were thinking.))

Grievous77

09-27-2014

((I'm going to be super honest...you are by far, the most amazing, experienced, descriptive, Renekton I've seen in my entire life. You honor me with your presence!))

BloatedBile

09-28-2014

dear renenk,

are you a mind reader? how do you eat foolish thoughts of others? what makes them foolish?

-bb

ButcherofShurima

09-29-2014

Renekton's eyes opened to the sight of an object dropping from the ceiling in a slow, soft pace. The purple light from above shining over it as it made it's descent. The lizard recognized the object from a past time where it landed right in his hands. He stood up and slowly made his way to the center of the room where the piece of paper was found resting on the sand floor. With two of his claws he picked it up and stared at it for a while, deciphering it's message within, the ink's glow being reflected by the purple light from above. Renekton smiled at the message inside, it was definitely a first:

"Are you a mind reader? How do you eat foolish thoughts of others? What makes them foolish?"

It came from the same writer as the past one talking about food tastes, the mysterious BB. Renekton's curiosity was starting to get picked by now, he wanted to know who this BB was, see this BB in person. But first he thought on the question at hand. Renekton never really thought he was a mind reader, he simply could sense the intentions of the visitors that came to his brother's door at the great Library of Shurima. He never could explain how or why it happened, but it was as if he could hear the thoughts of everyone that tried to gain entry through the gate he guarded for so long, he remembered hearing all sorts of thoughts, thoughts that made him proud of his brother's work, thoughts that made him wonder just how knowledgeable his brother was, and thoughts that instantly ticked him off as he sensed a threat on his brother's life.

Nevertheless, it brought Renekton memories he would rather lock away, memories of a job he was betrayed for in the end by the very person he protected. He immediately thought of Nasus, of his whereabouts and just how much he wanted to gut his brother's throat and bask in the blood of his victory. Rage started to fuel itself through his veins the more he thought about him. If it weren't for the second question from the letter that suddenly came to his mind, the lizard champion might have gone in a spontaneous fit of rage all due to a bad memory. The question was rather interesting, how did he eat thoughts? Well the truth was Renekton never ate them, although it felt that way when he killed the owners of such thoughts. However he couldn't say the same for his blade, for Renekton, his blade did feed on the thoughts of it's victims. It fed and got more and more powerful, whispering at Renekton each passing day that it wanted more blood, more victims, more food.

Renekton's blade was literally a mystery, the lizard could swear the artifact had a mind of his own, and although the artifact never actually spoke to him, the champion of Shurima could swear he could hear it talking back to him, asking him for more victims for the slaughter that it delighted itself with each sweep of it's shiny metal. Perhaps through the blade Renekton obtained his fury, his strength and his passion, or perhaps it was simply responsible for something much more sinister, his madness? Could it be that a link could be drawn between the blade feeding on the blood of madmen and individuals with sinister personal agendas, and this corruption infected Renekton over the years? The world may never know, but it could perhaps very well be the truth under it all.

Finally the third question, what made them foolish? This one seemed like the easiest to answer, yet Renekton now had opposing views on the matter. Perhaps at another time he would have easily answered that they were foolish cause they had sinister intentions behind them and his intentions were to protect his brother from unworthy seekers of knowledge. But now Renekton looked back and all he saw where denied attempts at him getting his revenge on his brother, he thought of what would have happened had any of those foolish truth seekers made it's way into his brother's library. What would have happened if any of those victims were exposed to the great knowledge and secrets his brother had at his disposal. Would they have become powerful enough to defeat him? Perhaps no, they were mere mortals after all and his brother was an ascended being, but still the thoughts couldn't be ignored, they were there and Renekton pondered them quite alot. The thought that any of those individuals could have served as his minion on his cause against his brother. That thought did sit well with Renekton, so sad he couldn't see it back then, but perhaps his blade did.

With a good answer now in mind, Renekton did another cut on his arm, he bathed his claw in blood and wrote back to the mysterious BB:

Quote:
Dear BB,

I don't think im a mind reader, or at least I don't try to be. I guess what happens to me is that when I used to be the Gatekeeper of Shurima's library, I could occasionally listen to the thoughts of the seekers of knowledge that frequently visited the library to see my brother for reasons I consider useless. I don't know if that makes me a mind reader but i'll let you decide on your judgement for that question. As to how did I feed on the thoughts of my victims, I guess I exaggerated a bit there when I said I fed on them. But I will tell you that I think my blade actually feeds on them, I can feel her at times, calling out to me, for more blood, for more victims to kill and slaughter and I can't ignore it, I can't help it, it's addicting.

Last but not least, how are they Foolish? Well, I guess it was cause they wanted to use my brother's knowledge for personal gains, but now that I think about it, I should have let all of them pass into the library, who knows if one of them got powerful enough to defeat my brother and I could right now, bask in his suffering for eternity. That being said, I'm quite curious in meeting you now, please, once again I invite you to my chamber of Torment, let's have a chat, I promise I don't bite.

Regards,

Renekton.

ButcherofShurima

09-30-2014

The Rune Wars - The Lord of the Onyx

Renekton and Nasus' presence in Shurima helped give the bandits and traders under Rashid's banner a solid footing against the Onyx giants. After their initial appearance, Rashid was able to drive more tribes to his cause and fight three more battles alongside his ascended adopted sons, victory after victory after victory now gave a good amount of safe, travel worthy territory to the name of Rashid. Finally, the tribes had trade routes that didn't need to be feared by the presence of the Onyx giants and their respective towns could properly prosper the way they deserved. All this however wasn't going unwatched, deep in the Shurima desert, the eyes of a powerful mage watched as it's creations fell to the ascended champions. Rather than being concerned that a good portion of his creations were suddenly destroyed, he watched with great curiosity at the power and might behind the two brothers. The mage was starting to make assumptions in his mind, thinking what exactly might have been the cause behind this, for it wasn't the first time he had witnessed this. It didn't take long for him to realize the truth behind it all. The fabled Sun Disc had been found and it had done it's work once again.

His name was Ixidor, a powerful Djinn that ruled over Shurima's desert for hundreds of years, watching the rise and fall of ancient civilizations that have made Shurima their home. He knew all of the desert's secrets, and the Sun Disc wasn't an exception. However, all this time it had eluded it's grasp, but perhaps with the appearance of these two new champions, an opportunity had arised. Ixidor was also responsible for the Onyx giants, being their creator, he was the lord of the giants and commanded them as one army to do his bidding across the entire desert. But perhaps the most curious detail of Ixidor was his grudge against the innocent traders and bandits that also made the desert his home, in particular the one that now lead them under one banner, Rashid. For Rashid and Ixidor actually had a long history behind them, the bandit had tricked the Djinn once and stole a precious artifact from him in the past, a vial that rejuvenated the body, reversing the aging process for a while and keeping it's user infinitely young and vibrant. For a Djinn like Ixidor, it kept it's essence alive for eternity, allowing the Djinn to rule over the desert regardless of the time period. Now the mage was starting to feel the sting of mortality and he wanted his vial back, and it's thief, dead.

The appearance of the two champions however now posed a great wall in the middle of his objectives. He also knew he was going to need new, stronger, Onyx giants to battle the ascended champions. The mage went quick to work in a new breed of the giants, ones that wielded more magical power, tougher skin and greater might. The sands swirled around his lair like a storm as he conducted the spells that would spark the genesis of a new breed of Onyx giant, the Obsidian Colossi. Standing at 15 feet, with blackened obsidian skin that was literally indestructible to common weaponry and covered in powerful runic magic that allowed them to cast powerful blast spells that bursted from their bodies. The colossi were a clear upgrade from the standard Onyx giant. Ixidor didn't rest, he created hundreds upon hundreds of these Colossi, calling out his Onyx giants as well, all part of a plan to get rid of his enemies once and for all. He would be like this for 140 days and 140 nights, all in the seclusion of his sandstorm that engulfed the whole center of the desert.

It wouldn't go unnoticed. Rashid would wonder at the lack of an Onyx giant presence through new territory, and for a moment Rashid wondered if he won. He quickly started contemplating on finally realizing his dream but something else conflicted on his mind. Who was the one worthy to rule. Rashid however wouldn't be the only one contemplating this as well, for his adopted sons also noticed the impact they had on the bandits and traders under Rashid. After the battles that brought Victory to the bandits, the people felt confident, they felt they could fight under the protection of the ascended champions. They looked upon them for guidance and saw them as the proper leaders of their fight against the giants. And while Renekton was delighted upon this thought of possibly being their leader and hero, Nasus knew it wasn't right, he knew this wasn't what they were sent for. The older brother clearly recognized their purpose was another, to clear the road for the future empire of Shurima and give way to it's first emperor, their father figure, Rashid.

Renekton would argue with his brother that they should lead the people towards the new Shurima, lead them while they settled and got accustomed to the ways of their new home and life, after all, Renekton could clearly see how they looked up to them as leaders. Nasus however objected, he insisted their role was that of guardians, to look over the growth of the people as they themselves created their new home, the new Shurima and look over the rule of their future emperor, not rule over them as overlords. The brothers would argue for days, none of them being convinced by either side of the argument, and at times they would be mad at each other and hold grudges, for them only time would tell which side was right. But it was clear that the brothers had different views on the matter and they weren't changing them anytime soon. Rashid felt the animosity between the brothers and felt helpless he couldn't offer his own views, he only hoped his dreams came just like he viewed them.

The days passed, still no signs of the giants. Rashid for a moment stopped thinking about them and fully concentrated on uniting the tribes and gathering them to start the birth of the new Shurima. He pondered for a good time where the birth cradle of his empire should take place. That is when the Sun Disc came to his mind, although the bandit didn't know much about it, he had heard tales of it's power, and he confirmed it's existence with the appearance of the ascended champions. After asking the brothers for the Sun Disc's location, Nasus, with a bit of hesitation, led Rashid and the tribes to the artifact's location. As Rashid gazed upon the sight of the ancient ruins with statues of old guardians from the past, he knew this was it, he knew this was Shurima's cradle and from here, the most powerful empire ever to grace the desert would be born.

Someone else however had also gazed upon the sight of it, Ixidor, spiritually tuned to his stolen Vial, suddenly got a vision of the Sun Disc's location. The time had come, the moment that would grant him the power he so long craved for had arrived. His work was finalized and his army ready to march for one last final battle against the tribes and the champions, this time with intentions of ending it all. Ixidor's creations would bathe in the blood of their enemies and no mercy would be shown, for all had to die, men, women and children, all would fall to the mage's wrath. It was then that from the Sandstorm, hundreds of Colossi and giants marched forth, all uniformly guided towards the Sun Discs location, their march slow and silent, the bandits that now were starting the foundations of an early empire unknown of the fate that would overcome them in the coming moments. Between the giants and Colossi, another being marched, Ixidor himself, the Djinn not wanting to miss a single minute of his grand victory and wanting to see the death of Rashid first hand, by his own....

SerpantsEmbrace

09-30-2014

The hot Shuriman sun beat down upon the desert, scorching the sands and searing the air. The half serpent woman did not seem to mind as she made her way through the ever-shifting dunes. Cassiopeia thought back to when she last made this journey. The mercenary was with her then, and her band of sell swords. Her lips curled into a cruel grin as she came to the memory of their demise. It was all too easy. The vagabonds were too easily blinded by their greed to see the dangers that lay within. Her smile faltered as she realized that she was blinded as well. Her desire for humanity ended up driving her further from it. She shed her mind of the memory, focusing on the journey ahead of her...and what might await her at it's end.

The darkness of the tomb provided no issue for Cassiopeia this time around; her serpentine eyes allowed her enough vision to navigate the ancient halls. She passes through the chamber filled with treasure, the remains of the sell swords laying where they fell. Cassiopeia wrinkled her nose against the stench and continued on. Soon enough, she reached her destination. Unlike the faint scent of decay that she had encountered previously, the tomb was rank with the aroma of death. Bones of shattered corpses lay all around her, all in different stages of decomposition. Cassiopeia raised a talon to her nose to keep herself from retching. Her butler's words of warning echoed in the back of her mind, but she had come this far. She slithered over the bodies as she entered further into the tomb. There it was. As monstrous as she remembered it. The enormous creature that emanated power and madness stood before her, and it's name echoed in her voice. "Renekton..." Her slitted, azure eyes sought glowing saffron as she paused a decent distance away. "Do you remember who I am?"