Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Roiter asking about what makes Poppy, Poppy in GD Forum.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turkeyBACON

09-23-2014

Quote:
Solcrushed:
Doing some pretty preliminary water testing here. (Inb4 Riot is reworking Poppy!)

I would like to better understand how you, the players, perceive the core of Poppy the character to be.

Forget mechanics, I am not interested in specific kit particularities that you like or dislike (at least not yet, so please no arguments about whether her ult is appropriate for her or not) but about what you feel Poppy, the character, is about at her core. What about Poppy the character makes her an interesting addition in the vast roster of League of Legends?

While I'm guessing Solcrushed is trying to get feedback from actual Poppy players; he's also trying to get a feel about how Poppy fits into the game world. There are some interesting replies. I'm guessing quite a few of you Lore Forum regulars have some thoughts and I'd highly suggest you guys contribute to the discussion.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=50192083#post50192083

LordHippoman

Recruiter

09-24-2014

Does anybody have any strong opinions about this?

I ask that sincerely. I've never met anyone super invested in Poppy. Her kit is pretty clunky and her personality is staggeringly dull (Although in the right hands, she can mop up a lot of "traditional" top laners). I like her Lore quite a bit, because it ties into Galio's Lore, and it actually tells a complete story, which is something we don't often get. Usually when a champion sets out on a quest to do...something, it just never happens. Poppy succeeded.

I'd be all for a Poppy VU, provided they kept her a blue Yordle lady, kept her big hammer, and DEAR GOD, DO NOT TRY TO MAKE HER SEXY. That is not what we need here. I think her Lore could stay pretty much the same.

Any big Poppy fans care to weigh in on this? If you exist? I didn't think people really liked Xerath, but I've been proven wrong by the massive outcry over his Lore changes.

SecretLore

09-24-2014

Overall I think lore and personalitywise poppy is fine either way.
The big problem is more or less that she simply doesn't fit into riots current design-approach of giving every champion a unique archetype(something they also spoke of a bit,with how she is pretty close to being a non-patriotic yordle-garen).

Sure she is an ambassador,but that is more of an informed attribute than anything else.

SchaakaKon

09-24-2014

Im the only person I know that plays Poppy for funzies (not competitively in ranked, just norms and probably drinking).

Her kit to me is fun to play but her ult is the definition of 'no counter play'. Everyone foresees that being removed. Her Q and E are what define her kit, imo. The passive part of her w is underwhelming, i can see that being changed. I think second to Poppys ult, her kit needs pacing. You are non-existent without an upgraded sheen item and god-like at four items.

Her gameplay, Poppy top lane is.. boring at best, until you hit 6 and then start roaming or team fighting. Unfortunately 95% of top laners can wreck Poppy in lane.
I find her best at jungle whereas after a few good ganks you can get Poppy going to the demise of adc's everywhere. Yordles can use a strong jungler champion (unless Amumu is still a Yordle, I mean, Were there Yordles in ancient Shurmia? Can Renekton be an ascended Yordle o.O)

Poppys lore, it not bad but could use some lovin'. It hasnt been touched since Galio. On a side note, her lore only mentions the League as an after thought so it can fit right in the era of the 'League of Legends of no League of Legends'. They can play up her hatred for Noxus and her joining Demacia since Bandle City wont fight Noxus.

I enjoy Poppys current Personality. She is the 'No-Games-no-Joking-Badassery', "I will drop my hammer on anyones skull that gets in the way of me doing my job. And that job, uniting Valoran together or just against Noxus, Im not too sure".

But all in all, they cant do a 'Reborn' like with Sion for Poppy. They'd have to bundle her in with other Yordle VU's, Trist, Croki and Amumu(?).

Motajo

09-24-2014

Quote:
LordHippoman:
Does anybody have any strong opinions about this?

*Raises hand* Sup.

I saw the thread a bit ago, I added a couple thoughts; most of my concerns were already brought up by others. It bothers me a little that they posted a lore/theme thread in GD instead of here or some other, more specialized forum. I know that a lot more people frequent GD, but it would be a nice sentiment if lore discussion was posted in, well, a lore forum.

Naziru

09-25-2014

Quote:
SchaakaKon:
Im the only person I know that plays Poppy for funzies (not competitively in ranked, just norms and probably drinking).

Her kit to me is fun to play but her ult is the definition of 'no counter play'. Everyone foresees that being removed. Her Q and E are what define her kit, imo. The passive part of her w is underwhelming, i can see that being changed. I think second to Poppys ult, her kit needs pacing. You are non-existent without an upgraded sheen item and god-like at four items.

Her gameplay, Poppy top lane is.. boring at best, until you hit 6 and then start roaming or team fighting. Unfortunately 95% of top laners can wreck Poppy in lane.
I find her best at jungle whereas after a few good ganks you can get Poppy going to the demise of adc's everywhere. Yordles can use a strong jungler champion (unless Amumu is still a Yordle, I mean, Were there Yordles in ancient Shurmia? Can Renekton be an ascended Yordle o.O)

Poppys lore, it not bad but could use some lovin'. It hasnt been touched since Galio. On a side note, her lore only mentions the League as an after thought so it can fit right in the era of the 'League of Legends of no League of Legends'. They can play up her hatred for Noxus and her joining Demacia since Bandle City wont fight Noxus.

I enjoy Poppys current Personality. She is the 'No-Games-no-Joking-Badassery', "I will drop my hammer on anyones skull that gets in the way of me doing my job. And that job, uniting Valoran together or just against Noxus, Im not too sure".

But all in all, they cant do a 'Reborn' like with Sion for Poppy. They'd have to bundle her in with other Yordle VU's, Trist, Croki and Amumu(?).

Poppy is countered by proper positioning. I don;t know where people keep getting the idea in their heads that there is absolutely nothing you can do about a fed Poppy but it is utter bull****. Yes a fed Poppy will have perhaps the highest single target melee burst in the game, each aspect of which is entirely counterable via mechanical skill or itemization. Basically the worse case scenario is you get a team with 0 CC against a Poppy and lose because no one can stop her, something champions such as yi, akali and tryn can do just as well.

Edit: Quoted the wrong person, lol.