New Ashe player looking for tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thinscrispy

01-19-2010

Practice hitting with ECA, once you master long shots with it you'll set up so many ganks your team will love you. If your not so hot with the timing on those stick to guarantied short range ones, even try saving it as an escape mechanism.

Mijomon

01-20-2010

Thank you everyone for the tips. My normal item build goes -
Maki - x2 hp pots / get some gold around 800-1k
Maki -> Chalice - Boots rank 1
then I tend to get Infenty Edge more then most items as my 3rd just a habbit + it works well with ashe
then i get boots depends on the team set up.
after that i just get what ever could help verse the team set up

Mijomon

01-20-2010

I apologize for the how I build ashe in steps, I tend to think in steps so I put it down in steps

XartaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2010

I don't do my builds like anyone else here.

I go vampiric scepter first.

If I got enough gold on my first teleport, I'll get B.F. sword, if not boots (berserkers), then sword next. Upgrade to bloodthirster asap.

From here on my build depends on the matchup. Melee/high hp heavy? Bloodreds. Heavy armor characters/builds on top of it? Last whisper.

If the enemy has a lot of casters/low hp's/armor, go for the inf. edge/cleaver combo. If you have problems staying alive, get a banshees veil.

I do not get mana regen items. The 1 mana per second regen from the utility mastery is more than enough for me. You can also always get the golem later on (like at level 5-6 you should be able to kill it at least. I usually have at least a B.F. sword by then). If you still really have problems I'd rather use blue runes on mana regen. Personally I go full out attack speed runes more or less, though, since that lets me stack up on damage items (like 30% from runes). By the end game you should pretty much kill anything in like two seconds if you didn't suck.

Also use the backstep maneuver. Shoot arrow, back off, shoot again etc. Helps you avoid more damage than you normally would while still dealing damage.

I go for flash/ghost combo, but I've thought about replacing flash with teleport. Depends on your playstyle tbh.

Oh and this is a build for going mid more or less. If you meet kat in the middle you might wanna swap lanes :| Bad kats are easy to kill, but a good kat is a really good counter to ashe (at least an ashe with vampiric scepter build). It also sucks 'couse you have to save your ulti for her black lotus unless you wanna waste flash to get out of it (or manage to kill her with it. Risky though unless you got flash as a backup plan incase she survives. If she does you have to play defensively for ages until it's back up from cd again).

Basically ashe really enjoys damage items since it increases the damage on volley, her heaviest harassing attack and an ability you'll use quite a bit because of the 4 sec cd in the end.

Also, remember to do psychological harassing in the beginning. If you run into an angle where it looks like volley will hit the opponent, he will usually run back. You can use this to your advantage (especially against melee) to just not use the ability at all and scare your opponent away from getting kills.

Hope that help'd.

Viro Melchior

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XartaX View Post
I don't do my builds like anyone else here.

I go vampiric scepter first.

If I got enough gold on my first teleport, I'll get B.F. sword, if not boots (berserkers), then sword next. Upgrade to bloodthirster asap.

From here on my build depends on the matchup. Melee/high hp heavy? Bloodreds. Heavy armor characters/builds on top of it? Last whisper.

If the enemy has a lot of casters/low hp's/armor, go for the inf. edge/cleaver combo. If you have problems staying alive, get a banshees veil.

I do not get mana regen items. The 1 mana per second regen from the utility mastery is more than enough for me. You can also always get the golem later on (like at level 5-6 you should be able to kill it at least. I usually have at least a B.F. sword by then). If you still really have problems I'd rather use blue runes on mana regen. Personally I go full out attack speed runes more or less, though, since that lets me stack up on damage items (like 30% from runes). By the end game you should pretty much kill anything in like two seconds if you didn't suck.

Also use the backstep maneuver. Shoot arrow, back off, shoot again etc. Helps you avoid more damage than you normally would while still dealing damage.

I go for flash/ghost combo, but I've thought about replacing flash with teleport. Depends on your playstyle tbh.

Oh and this is a build for going mid more or less. If you meet kat in the middle you might wanna swap lanes :| Bad kats are easy to kill, but a good kat is a really good counter to ashe (at least an ashe with vampiric scepter build). It also sucks 'couse you have to save your ulti for her black lotus unless you wanna waste flash to get out of it (or manage to kill her with it. Risky though unless you got flash as a backup plan incase she survives. If she does you have to play defensively for ages until it's back up from cd again).

Basically ashe really enjoys damage items since it increases the damage on volley, her heaviest harassing attack and an ability you'll use quite a bit because of the 4 sec cd in the end.

Also, remember to do psychological harassing in the beginning. If you run into an angle where it looks like volley will hit the opponent, he will usually run back. You can use this to your advantage (especially against melee) to just not use the ability at all and scare your opponent away from getting kills.

Hope that help'd.

If you're going for a strong volley spam, it would make more sense to focus on +attack damage runes, and pick up a PD to cover atk spd, as Ashe loves her crit chance.

Wildstorm

01-20-2010

A pro ashe once said: Do not gimp yourself using the same cookie cutter build every game. You must adapt to your teammates and your enemies. Obviously it's best to do as much dps as possible, but on certain comps or matchups, you may have to sacrifice your dps to get aura item like starks or go tankier so you can survive the initial focus fire in order to dish out your damage. Be versatile.

XartaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viro Melchior View Post
If you're going for a strong volley spam, it would make more sense to focus on +attack damage runes, and pick up a PD to cover atk spd, as Ashe loves her crit chance.
Meh it's up to you. I prefer atk speed runes over dmg ones.

Rawrful

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildstorm View Post
A pro ashe once said: Do not gimp yourself using the same cookie cutter build every game. You must adapt to your teammates and your enemies. Obviously it's best to do as much dps as possible, but on certain comps or matchups, you may have to sacrifice your dps to get aura item like starks or go tankier so you can survive the initial focus fire in order to dish out your damage. Be versatile.
This is always a good thing to remember. Cookie Cutter builds can work out, but against a tank heavy (Or armor stacking, or hp stacking, or whatever) team you need to change your build.

My Ashe build works a little differently depending on if I'm soloing or laneing with a partner, and if I'm planning on supporting or carrying but in general I don't go with the early mana items most people do. The 'basic' build includes at least all your red runes as crit damage and looks like this:

Early game:
Vampiric Scepter at 1, stay in lane as long as possible.
Berzerker Grieves - If you are out of lane early, you had better have the money for these or you are already behind
BF Sword - I tend to get this + Grieves when I go back to buy. This is when you start being able to really hurt enemy squishies.

Mid game:
Vampiric becomes EC
Zeal
Whatever is best against the enemy team, if you're not sure, pick up cloak of agility

Transition to late:
Zeal becomes Phantom
Cloak+BF becomes Infinity
If the game isn't over at this point, you probably need something more specialized.

I find volley spamming to be highly over rated, as during laneing Ashe is so squishy you don't want your lane pushed all the way to the enemy tower. Use it sparingly when you see a good opening to harass or when your lane is getting a little too close to your tower. During late game, Volley never does enough damage for me to want to constantly spam it as an offensive weapon instead of firing off 500+ damage auto attacks that also slow.

AmyOverlord

01-20-2010

You want to know how to play Ashe?

Press R.

Right click a champion.

Win.

Bananers

Recruiter

01-20-2010

never go AP.

Also Infinity Edge is your best friend. Get it quick.