New Ashe player looking for tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mijomon

01-19-2010

I just started playing ashe a could of days ago and was wondering if people who player her mid-high elo matchs would give me some tips so I can get better at her =)

Degini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

Best tip anyone can ever give you: Don't get plentiful bounty.

Why? I won't repeat the math, but basically getting points in PB amount to 300-400 gold over the course of the entire game.. which is all of 1 champ kill which you could easily get if you got frost arrow instead.

Scoit's guide should really be what you follow as you are learning Ashe. You can branch from there.

http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...es+LeagueCraft!

PaulsXanaxPill

01-19-2010

The first point I put into Volley. The second point into freezing arrow. Then I add volley until six and get stun ult. Then I max out volley and when it gives me no option for volley I choose stun or freezing arrow. Once Volley is maxed you then do stun and if stun option is available you do freezing arrow. Only put points into bounty when all the other skills are maxed.

Items I generally use:
1st - Chalice. I've tried tear and phil stone but they didn't give me enough mana. With Chalice I can spam volley without fear of my mana running dry for awhile.

Boots - I generally go berzerkers or if I need resist because there are alot of casters I choose mercury treads.

Banshee's Veil - Wit's End or Infinity Edge - If there is alot of casters I do Banshee's then wits end. So that I get even more resist and then with wit's end every attack takes away from their mana.

If you have no worries about casters then I go infinity edge.

After that then it's up to you. If you need more damage or attack speed etc.

Grovel

01-19-2010

I don't really qualify for you ELO rankings, but I don't think there's much to playing Ashe, besides being careful, putting yourself in the right position to carry via kills and not getting killed, toggle your "Q" ability to keep enemies from running away, and getting nasty accurate with your ultimate.

Volley is your prime harasser early, your ultimate can be shot completely across the map (see an enemy trying to pill with no health, if you're quick enough he's dead from any other lane)

Honestly, I find few champ abilities as satisfying as a shot from downtown that either kills a fleeing opponent who would have otherwise escaped or slows him enough that the rest of your team can run train on him.

Madawc

01-19-2010

chalice/25ias boots/infinity edge/last wisper/phantom dancer/malady

Ginormous Noob

01-19-2010

I don't know about the upper ELO strats for ashe, but I think ashe is best built as a DPS champ. If you're planning on hiding in the bushes early and possibly getting fb, get frost arrows first for the slow, otherwise get volley first.

You should be able to last hit almost every creep early on so you can farm your items, and practice shooting ur ult across the map.

Mijomon

01-19-2010

well I am getting better with frozen arrow just need to start judging my distance from top tom bot or vis versa. my skill build is w,q,q,w,w,r,w,q,w etc. also the could should be couple >< in my first sentence.

SilentSound

01-19-2010

Hey!! I tend to play Ashe a lot and as she is my best character and I could point out a few things for you.

For the summoner spells I normally get myself teleport and ghost (though flash is probably better). Teleport is for shooting your ult from base and then teleporting to back up the stun.

I personally find that if you are soloing you should always get volley, but if you have a good teammate, frost arrow is essential for earlier kills.

Now my build is a little less orthodox, but it brings the true meaning to a carry hero, which is suck first, and pwn later.

I start with boots and pots. then i get a malady for good team killing. After Malady i get a Zeal. You then save for a B.F. Sword followed by an Infinity edge. (By now you should be able to get some kills pretty easily if you stun someone first.) Then you finish you phantom dancer, get a last whisper, and then beef up with a black cleaver. (get berserkers when you have the time, i normally have it after or before infinity edge)

By the end you will have massive dps allowing you to throw enemies around like sandbags....(just hope no one on your team fed.)

Ginormous Noob

01-19-2010

Typically you shouldn't get both last whisper and black cleaver as it would usually be better off replace one of those items with a different DPS item, like Madreds or bloodthirster.

Maybe if you wanted to ff their armor-stacked rammus or something you would be both cleaver and last whisper, but madreds gives a really good boost to your dps

bookss

01-19-2010

Ashe is all about map positioning and use of her Ult.

FARM FARM FARM

When you are lvl 6, make sure you utilize it to gank whoever is low (dont waste too much time walking around to jungle)

Ult is used? FARM FARM FARM
Its all about using your ult and going back to farm/helping your team getting neutrals
Always be doing something, just dont play like a ganking char like twitch or eve, a under lvled ashe is a gg

mid/late game?
make sure you stay a screen behind your team and prepare to shoot your ult at a carry

Correct positioning takes map awareness + some knowledge of where the enemies are.

Also it is important to realize that Ashe dies really quick (fast enough to be tower dived)
If alot of enemies are MIA and you are tower hugging solo, it may not be safe.