Swiftness vs Mobility

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XrBob

01-19-2010

For someone who wants to get around quickly, what do you prefer? I like to play nidalee and typically take mobility as per recommended, but I've been using swiftness as well to great effect. Movement 5 doesn't seem that much higher than 3, but to be fair 3 isn't that much faster than 2. Which do you prefer?

Hewn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

Depends on your playstyle.
I personally only play ganking chars, to be specific: Eve, Shaco, Gangplank, Katarina and TF.

None of those really require the stat boosting boots, although some may disagree.
I find mobility to be exceptional for my play style because I'm almost ALWAYS running between lanes once I hit level 6.

For Nidalee I can see them being great as well, mixed with her speed boost from the brush. Also swiftness shouldnt really be needed to catch people or get away, as you have her pounce, which gives you some great distance.

It all comes down to what fits you best, I go mobility all the way for the above listed characters.

http://i47.tinypic.com/9gc7mh.jpg
Pub match, on my alternate account, but it couldnt have been done with any other boots.

Holypope

01-19-2010

I'd say mobility is a no-contest default. If you find yourself failing to adequately chase, switch to swiftness.

Knote

01-19-2010

The only time swiftness is better is when you're being hit and would otherwise gain +2 spd instead of +5 from mobility.

So just consider that, as nad with brush giving speed, and being able to leap away you most likely wouldn't be hit when you're running and proc mobility again, and it just meshes well with brush speed boost for roaming around too.

Mighty Sandwich

01-19-2010

Mobility for pretty much any champion who roams a lot and needs to go from lane to lane quickly. Gankers and pushers are prime examples of this - champs like Gangplank, Shaco, Twitch.

Otherwise, Swiftness is better for laners and chasers, as you get the highest movement level in actual fighting. Characters with built-in slows and/or hastes don't need Mobility - Nunu and Ashe come to mind.

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

Mobility is good if you tend to let others initiate and you join the fray, but I prefer swiftness because it gives a static movement speed boost over something that works only outside of battles. When running / chasing, chances are you're likely to get hit and your +5 mspeed = +2 = death.

EasymodeX

01-19-2010

Mobility is good for heroes that disengage and re-engage a lot, or roam the map quickly (Blitzcrank).

Swiftness is superior for heroes that need in-combat movement with more sustained engagement (Ashe).

HonestDav

01-19-2010

Mobility is good for farmers, while swiftness is good for gankers.

JunkRamen

01-19-2010

Swiftness if you're Singed, maybe Ashe or Corki

Mobility if you're anyone else that wants that speed boost

Worst NA

01-19-2010

mobility is good for gankage(stealth op mother ****ers) but for some1 who need to catch ppl. already haveing a speed buff. you need swiftness, also you wont die cause you got mad healzz