Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

chat restriction..does riot even check logs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

buttholeos

10-04-2014

just finished my 67 game chat restrict I was referring to in the original post, played one game without restriction to see a new 76 game chat restrict post-game. I hardly said anything through my previous two chat restrictions..not sure where they're coming up with these numbers. Hoping to eventually get chat logs

Riot should make it protocol to provide proof with punishment, even if the person being punished does not want the proof. An e-mail explaining their chat restriction/suspension, and the specific chat logs to go along with that punishment. That'd speed things up and keep the forums less cluttered, I think.

Verideathul

10-04-2014

Quote:
just finished my 67 game chat restrict I was referring to in the original post, played one game without restriction to see a new 76 game chat restrict post-game. I hardly said anything through my previous two chat restrictions..not sure where they're coming up with these numbers. Hoping to eventually get chat logs

Hrmmm...I wonder if it's just giving you a # of games in fragments as part of a bigger original chat restriction. Like you really got a 400-500 game restriction, but it broke it down. I really can only speculate.

Quote:
Riot should make it protocol to provide proof with punishment, even if the person being punished does not want the proof. An e-mail explaining their chat restriction/suspension, and the specific chat logs to go along with that punishment. That'd speed things up and keep the forums less cluttered, I think.

They used to in the old Tribunal, and I think we'll see the Reform Cards come back in the new Tribunal when it comes back Soon(TM).

buttholeos

10-04-2014

Quote:
Verideathul:
Hrmmm...I wonder if it's just giving you a # of games in fragments as part of a bigger original chat restriction. Like you really got a 400-500 game restriction, but it broke it down. I really can only speculate.

They used to in the old Tribunal, and I think we'll see the Reform Cards come back in the new Tribunal when it comes back Soon(TM).

but I've seen chat restrictions of up to 260...why wouldn't they just come all at once. I feel like it's just bugged, because I never do anything other than maybe make a joke about someones plays/logic, I don't ever tell people to go **** themselves or kill themselves or whatever you see the raging players say. Basically I'm never verbally "abusive". To me, this is absurd. I guess I have to completely stop playing until they give me the chat logs, because either I'm wrong and I somehow played 30 games drunk and raged at my team, or riot is randomly applying chat restrictions to no end..either way, chat restriction makes me lose much more (have moved drom high 90's d3 to 0 LP D5), and it makes me somewhat mad/on tilt. Quick to mute my team.

Mars Ragnarok

10-04-2014

The bug would be that large chat restrictions are sometimes unintentionally broken down into smaller chunks administered end-to-end. Riot has not clarified any further on why or when this sometimes happens, only confirmed that it does.

Honorene

10-05-2014

buttholeos

10-06-2014

Quote:
Honorene:

? what ?

still waiting for my chat logs...

one day.