Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

chat restriction..does riot even check logs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

redcomet4

09-23-2014

They get these types of posts a lot and most of the time it is by ungrateful people, you are actually a pretty reasonable guy, so try not to hold it against them

buttholeos

09-23-2014

Quote:
redcomet4:
They get these types of posts a lot and most of the time it is by ungrateful people, you are actually a pretty reasonable guy, so try not to hold it against them

I do agree with that. Most people get proven wrong, so I guess I shouldn't be offended that nobody wants to see my opinion.

powerbats

09-23-2014

Quote:
I do agree with that. Most people get proven wrong, so I guess I shouldn't be offended that nobody wants to see my opinion.

We don't mind seeing anyone's opinions here, we just don't tolerate jackasses very well here. You've at least been pretty reasonable so don't take what we say as personal.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

09-23-2014

Okay, first? Holy crapspackle. All I did was head home from work and this blew into madness. That said, I'm backing things up, because I want to have my version of this conversation. Deal with it. Or ignore me, whatever makes you happier.

Quote:
Yea. 3-5 reports from a premade would trigger that warning!

I'm sorry. I phrased that poorly. I should have said that the warnings are triggered by a spike in reported games. Further, to my understanding, they're set to display when you leave a game or log on the first time after whatever time has passed. Of course, I don't have some in-depth design knowledge about the system, and I've never received one myself, so I could be wrong about that, but it seems to fit what I've heard around these forums.

Quote:
it's all coming together now buddy.

Y'know, you could try explaining why you disagree with my point without being a jerk about it.

Not saying you have to, mind. Just saying, it's possible. And would probably lead to a far more interesting discussion.

RockLobster88

09-23-2014

Quote:

The issue isn't your opinion. You feel that you have been wrongly punished and you don't understand why. That's a reasonable opinion to have, especially if you haven't been shown the evidence of what was used in your punishment. Keep in mind, however, that the people who posted in this thread see topics like yours all day every day, with people who do nothing more but exude toxicity even here in the forums, people who feel justified in being absolute scum to players who are having a bad game, or accidentally gave up first blood, or who didn't pick in the meta, or something. These types of players get punished then wonder what they did wrong, and after being pointed out their problems, proceed to bash us for trying to help.

We are here to help, please don't make the mistake that we're only here to chide you. Some of us could be less abrasive, but none of us want to see players wantonly punished when they don't deserve it, and we will try to help you figure out where you went wrong and give you advice as to how you can improve so you can continue playing. But don't make the mistake that you're faultless here: you've been punished and are in a position where you will not be able to play this game much, if at all, if you continue down this path.

buttholeos

09-23-2014

Quote:
RockLobster88:
The issue isn't your opinion. You feel that you have been wrongly punished and you don't understand why. That's a reasonable opinion to have, especially if you haven't been shown the evidence of what was used in your punishment. Keep in mind, however, that the people who posted in this thread see topics like yours all day every day, with people who do nothing more but exude toxicity even here in the forums, people who feel justified in being absolute scum to players who are having a bad game, or accidentally gave up first blood, or who didn't pick in the meta, or something. These types of players get punished then wonder what they did wrong, and after being pointed out their problems, proceed to bash us for trying to help.

We are here to help, please don't make the mistake that we're only here to chide you. Some of us could be less abrasive, but none of us want to see players wantonly punished when they don't deserve it, and we will try to help you figure out where you went wrong and give you advice as to how you can improve so you can continue playing. But don't make the mistake that you're faultless here: you've been punished and are in a position where you will not be able to play this game much, if at all, if you continue down this path.

That's why I'm going to post the results to my chat logs, when I receive them. I even said in my ticket that I deserved the first chat restriction i received a month or so ago, which was 67 games. I was happy to be done with the 67 games yesterday, but was annoyed to see I had 56 more tacked on when I signed on today, not really sure why. If I am wrong, I'll probably just mute every single player I ever see in solo que unless I somehow attain challenger, where people seem more understanding of things/general behavior.

maybe I should have mentioned mid-diamond solo que is where satan himself resides, you'll find the worst kind of players/toxic scum. Maybe it's in every elo, but from my experience from climbing through silver>gold>plat>diamond has been the worst experience as far as player behavior. This is a poor excuse, but I'm sure some of you don't even play ranked and wonder how someone could attain 67 chat restrictions. Just a bit of backstory, I suppose.

RockLobster88

09-23-2014

Quote:
That's why I'm going to post the results to my chat logs, when I receive them. I even said in my ticket that I deserved the first chat restriction i received a month or so ago, which was 67 games. I was happy to be done with the 67 games yesterday, but was annoyed to see I had 56 more tacked on when I signed on today, not really sure why. If I am wrong, I'll probably just mute every single player I ever see in solo que unless I somehow attain challenger, where people seem more understanding of things/general behavior.

Not sure if it's been fixed, but there was an issue of false-negatives that Riot was flagging chat-restricted players and giving them more restricted games. It was one of those things where players actually have to SHOW improvement, so you could be neutral and not have any bad moments, but still get more restrictions. Again, I'm not sure if that's what's happening here, so don't quote me, please.

buttholeos

09-23-2014

Quote:
RockLobster88:
Not sure if it's been fixed, but there was an issue of false-negatives that Riot was flagging chat-restricted players and giving them more restricted games. It was one of those things where players actually have to SHOW improvement, so you could be neutral and not have any bad moments, but still get more restrictions. Again, I'm not sure if that's what's happening here, so don't quote me, please.

This would be a nice result. I hate not being able to talk and it makes me an annoying player to play with, I think. sorry for all the ninja edits I'm playing ranked 5s.

TheBigMooMoo

09-23-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:
This is actually the exact response I expected.

That warning does not indicate a single report, but a spike in reports over a relatively short amount of time.

In addition, it's specifically designed to obfuscate the information you claim to have gleaned from it. It does this by not popping up immediately after the triggering game, but some unknown (and probably semi-random) time later.

Sounds like a plan.

False if one person reports you it tells you straight away it doesnt mean 300 people reported you. Its not a set amount of reports that make the warning go off. The whole point of it is to warn you that you have been reported end of story. I rarely get reported usually by a troll whos like im reporting you for no specific reason which is fine cause I dont get punished but point is I see it pop up after the random report here and there.

Verideathul

09-23-2014

Quote:
TheBigMooMoo:
False if one person reports you it tells you straight away it doesnt mean 300 people reported you. Its not a set amount of reports that make the warning go off.

Yes and no. If a warning goes off, it means that you have gotten a spiked increase in the # of reports received, typically after reaching a threshold of % games reported in. It doesn't trigger off of a single report, and many people will attest to that. I've never gotten a warning, but I bet someone's reported me.

Quote:
The whole point of it is to warn you that you have been reported end of story. I rarely get reported usually by a troll whos like im reporting you for no specific reason which is fine cause I dont get punished but point is I see it pop up after the random report here and there.

Then you've been reported for multiple games over a short period of time. Just because one person says that he's reporting you in that game doesn't mean you weren't reported in other games.