Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


chat restriction..does riot even check logs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

09-23-2014

Quack.

1079171

Red Biohazard.jpg

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powerbats

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
VegetaOP:
How do you know thats how it works? because if one report is as effective as 9 then i dont think what you said is true about how the pop ups show up randomly they only really show up if you get reported for verbal abuse ive noticed through many years of watching my friends and myself play ive probably watch over 7000 games of league of legends over the past 3 years between me and my friends and in post game ive only ever seen that pop up when some one reports for verbal abuse, and usually people say what theyre gonna report for to get everyone else to do it too, thats probably the way ********o figures it out and, before you mock me or something like that, this is just a simple question based off my observations, id just like an answer not a smartass remark, how does the system work? cuz from this thread it looks as though you guys are just asumeing how it works, im not saying i know, id just like to find out what you do.




The info comes straight from Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
VegetaOP:
How do you know thats how it works? because if one report is as effective as 9 then i dont think what you said is true about how the pop ups show up randomly they only really show up if you get reported for verbal abuse ive noticed through many years of watching my friends and myself play ive probably watch over 7000 games of league of legends over the past 3 years between me and my friends and in post game ive only ever seen that pop up when some one reports for verbal abuse, and usually people say what theyre gonna report for to get everyone else to do it too, thats probably the way ********o figures it out and, before you mock me or something like that, this is just a simple question based off my observations, id just like an answer not a smartass remark, how does the system work? cuz from this thread it looks as though you guys are just asumeing how it works, im not saying i know, id just like to find out what you do.


Reviews are based on % of games flagged. A game is flagged for review when someone is reported by a single report. The rest of the players could report and do a "9x report," but it still only counts as a single game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
Ulanopo:
Quack.

1079171


Oh snap, it's a red icon now instead of green.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

buttholeos

Junior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
powerbats:
Wrong, 1 report per game is the same as 9 reports per game and doesn't get you into trouble any faster. It's based upon reports versus games played and always has been. You could get a million reports per game and the system will still flag the game as only getting 1 report. If the reports are false you won't get into trouble but since you're getting into trouble the reports are valid.


well that's what I'm looking into, I don't think I've said anything verbally abusive. I do criticize play, but I don't verbally abuse players. I stand up for my teammates when they are unfairly criticized and/or extremely negative things are said (racism, people calling others ******s/other derogatory terms). Doing this results in reports, I honestly can't recall any time I've verbally abused a player in the last 100 games.

I guess it's extremely coincidental that I only ever see the warnings for verbal abuse 10-20 seconds after I finish a game. You'd think if it didn't directly correlate to the reports I possibly receive post-game, that the warning would pop up at other times, like when I leave my league of legends open, or after an ARAM. Strange.

I do believe the number of reports matters, otherwise I wish riot would spam this information to ranked players..It would probably end the all-chat spam demanding to have 9x reports on someone, because 1 report would be enough and everyone would know that and not turn the chat into a cesspool


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powerbats

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
********os:
well that's what I'm looking into, I don't think I've said anything verbally abusive. I do criticize play, but I don't verbally abuse players. I stand up for my teammates when they are unfairly criticized and/or extremely negative things are said (racism, people calling others ******s/other derogatory terms). Doing this results in reports, I honestly can't recall any time I've verbally abused a player in the last 100 games.

I guess it's extremely coincidental that I only ever see the warnings for verbal abuse 10-20 seconds after I finish a game. You'd think if it didn't directly correlate to the reports I possibly receive post-game, that the warning would pop up at other times, like when I leave my league of legends open, or after an ARAM. Strange.




You might try and ask Riot politely for the chat logs that got you banned. Don't try and excuse your behavior or anything else since that detracts from what your trying to find out. You can post in GD asking Lyte to send you the logs or post on his Twitter asking him the same thing.




Now as far as reports go they don't happen right away so that way toxic players can't just harass those in the game they just played.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
********os:
well that's what I'm looking into, I don't think I've said anything verbally abusive. I do criticize play, but I don't verbally abuse players. I stand up for my teammates when they are unfairly criticized and/or extremely negative things are said (racism, people calling others ******s/other derogatory terms). Doing this results in reports, I honestly can't recall any time I've verbally abused a player in the last 100 games.

I guess it's extremely coincidental that I only ever see the warnings for verbal abuse 10-20 seconds after I finish a game. You'd think if it didn't directly correlate to the reports I possibly receive post-game, that the warning would pop up at other times, like when I leave my league of legends open, or after an ARAM. Strange.

I do believe the number of reports matters, otherwise I wish riot would spam this information to ranked players..It would probably end the all-chat spam demanding to have 9x reports on someone, because 1 report would be enough and everyone would know that and not turn the chat into a cesspool


One report is enough to flag an entire game for review. This is how the system has worked for years. Report begging has been considered toxic for a long time too. I believe in the accuracy of your chat restriction. I say this based on prior accuracy of the system with regards to detecting BM and doling out appropriate restrictions and bans, save there have been a handful of them overturned due to two bugs that I have heard of. I don't think either of the bugs apply to your situation. That all being said, I do believe in verifying the accuracy of chat restrictions. If you want to get your logs, I would suggest a support ticket with maybe up to three lines of chat politely asking for your chat logs. Straight up asking Riot a ridiculous question such as "Do you even check chat logs?" will probably not result in a lot of success. A little civility goes a long way.

Edit: Partially Shen'd.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

buttholeos

Junior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
powerbats:
You might try and ask Riot politely for the chat logs that got you banned. Don't try and excuse your behavior or anything else since that detracts from what your trying to find out. You can post in GD asking Lyte to send you the logs or post on his Twitter asking him the same thing.




Now as far as reports go they don't happen right away so that way toxic players can't just harass those in the game they just played.


I already created a ticket, they're experiencing a high amount of requests, so I'm not sure when it'll happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yujiza

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Ugh, how can you make excuses for how you "defended" your teammates when you can't recall the last time you said anything mean towards someone. Rather puzzling.

Next, these posters aren't assuming things when Riot has been open about them all along. They don't want people to beg others for reports in game (creates toxic atmosphere) therefore they put emphasis on 1 report is the same as 9 reports in a single game.

Good you submitted a ticket, now wait. You can bicker at me for my assumptions but take this time to cool off and avoid getting suspended again. Just from the amount of ranting you write; I can tell this ban was deserved--frustrated or not.

Good luck.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

buttholeos

Junior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
Yujiza:
Ugh, how can you make excuses for how you "defended" your teammates when you can't recall the last time you said anything mean towards someone. Rather puzzling.

Next, these posters aren't assuming things when Riot has been open about them all along. They don't want people to beg others for reports in game (creates toxic atmosphere) therefore they put emphasis on 1 report is the same as 9 reports in a single game.

Good you submitted a ticket, now wait. You can bicker at me for my assumptions but take this time to cool off and avoid getting suspended again. Just from the amount of ranting you write; I can tell this ban was deserved--frustrated or not.

Good luck.


I just played ranked 5s, won, my one friend returned trash talk in all chat (i can't even all chat) and I got a verbal abuse warning post game. Only played two games tonight and my first game nobody talked. I feel like people disagree just to disagree. Inb4 it's a warning from last christmas when I got reported. Pretty sure the warnings are from being very recently reported..aka they are useless 80% of the time. I was never suspended, only chat restricted. I only care for being chat restricted because I try to lead my team every game in solo que, which requires some typing!

You guys seem angry for some reason, I'm sorry I am checking in on riots system and accusing them of doing a poor job.

edit; maybe it is my name it is pretty abusive. I thought it was funny >my name prior to this was snesley wipes, but nobody on league of legends gets it.