Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

chat restriction..does riot even check logs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

buttholeos

09-23-2014

do they check the chat logs anymore? Does it just take a certain amount of reports and they're like, "yeah this dude needs to be chat restricted, 20 people reported him for it they can't be wrong!" ..you guys need to take more responsibility and provide me with the information as to why I am being repeatedly chat restricted (same thing you do when someone is suspended, e-mail with the chat logs containing the reason for the restriction). I'd like to see a definitive answer on what is "verbal abuse", because right now, I don't think you guys know the meaning of verbal abuse. All chat restriction is doing for me is making it nearly impossible to play with a positive mindset, I almost have to mute my entire team each game, seeing in the post game lobby that they still want to report me for refusing to communicate, OR VERBAL ABUSE. I get reported for verbal abuse when I'm playing with 5 of my friends in a normal game because someone on the other team is mad we lose, and for some reason I'm starting to think these reports are actually adding to my total games of chat restriction, even though when I'm on chat restrict, I cannot talk in ALL CHAT. Seriously, come up with an existing customer service, because right now I don't believe you have any.

edit; I do believe riot checks chat logs, but as I'm currently waiting for them/wondering if they provide them, I'd like to discuss

Ulanopo

Recruiter

09-23-2014

Change your stupid name.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

09-23-2014

Quote:
do they check the chat logs anymore?

Yes.

Quote:
Does it just take a certain amount of reports and they're like, "yeah this dude needs to be chat restricted, 20 people reported him for it they can't be wrong!"

No.

Quote:
..you guys need to take more responsibility and provide me with the information as to why I am being repeatedly chat restricted (same thing you do when someone is suspended, e-mail with the chat logs containing the reason for the restriction).

Chat logs are provided upon request right now, rather than automatically with the initial email.

Quote:
I'd like to see a definitive answer on what is "verbal abuse", because right now, I don't think you guys know the meaning of verbal abuse.

I don't think you realize that your definition of the term is irrelevant.

Quote:
All chat restriction is doing for me is making it nearly impossible to play with a positive mindset, I almost have to mute my entire team each game, seeing in the post game lobby that they still want to report me for refusing to communicate, OR VERBAL ABUSE.

Reports for Refusing to Communicate have not led to any form of sanction for years, if ever.

Quote:
I get reported for verbal abuse when I'm playing with 5 of my friends in a normal game because someone on the other team is mad we lose,

I'd ask how you know that, but I have a feeling the answer has something to do with a complete misunderstanding of system functions, so I'll just go ahead and say that if you didn't say anything, Verbal Abuse reports are completely meaningless.

Quote:
and for some reason I'm starting to think these reports are actually adding to my total games of chat restriction, even though when I'm on chat restrict, I cannot talk in ALL CHAT.

What you are reported for is irrelevant. What you do is what earns sanctions. If you have done nothing, and continue to do nothing, your chat restrictions will fall away.

Quote:
Seriously, come up with an existing customer service, because right now I don't believe you have any.

You could try actually finding out for yourself if they do by clicking the blue Support button in the top of the page and submitting a ticket.

powerbats

09-23-2014

Your name is probably part of the reason you're getting chat restricted and you should ask for a free name change since otherwise they'll perma ban you until you do. The chat restrictions are manually being handed down by Riot so yes they do look at logs and you know full well what you've been saying isn't ok.

buttholeos

09-23-2014

Quote:
powerbats:
Your name is probably part of the reason you're getting chat restricted and you should ask for a free name change since otherwise they'll perma ban you until you do. The chat restrictions are manually being handed down by Riot so yes they do look at logs and you know full well what you've been saying isn't ok.

nobody has said anything to me about my name to date. I don't think they'd chat restrict for a name, they'd just force me to change it.

buttholeos

09-23-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:
Yes.

No.

Chat logs are provided upon request right now, rather than automatically with the initial email.

I don't think you realize that your definition of the term is irrelevant.

Reports for Refusing to Communicate have not led to any form of sanction for years, if ever.

I'd ask how you know that, but I have a feeling the answer has something to do with a complete misunderstanding of system functions, so I'll just go ahead and say that if you didn't say anything, Verbal Abuse reports are completely meaningless.

What you are reported for is irrelevant. What you do is what earns sanctions. If you have done nothing, and continue to do nothing, your chat restrictions will fall away.

You could try actually finding out for yourself if they do by clicking the blue Support button in the top of the page and submitting a ticket.

I knew I was reported because it gives you the warning, which you can only receive after being reported. Hard to figure out, I know. Well, I'll go ahead and ask for the chat logs and post what I figure out, even if I'm wrong and actually deserve it. We shall see.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

09-23-2014

Quote:
I knew I was reported because it gives you the warning, which you can only receive after being reported. Hard to figure out, I know.

This is actually the exact response I expected.

That warning does not indicate a single report, but a spike in reports over a relatively short amount of time.

In addition, it's specifically designed to obfuscate the information you claim to have gleaned from it. It does this by not popping up immediately after the triggering game, but some unknown (and probably semi-random) time later.

Quote:
Well, I'll go ahead and ask for the chat logs and post what I figure out, even if I'm wrong and actually deserve it. We shall see.

Sounds like a plan.

buttholeos

09-23-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:
This is actually the exact response I expected.

That warning does not indicate a single report, but a spike in reports over a relatively short amount of time.

In addition, it's specifically designed to obfuscate the information you claim to have gleaned from it. It does this by not popping up immediately after the triggering game, but some unknown (and probably semi-random) time later.

Sounds like a plan.

Yea. 3-5 reports from a premade would trigger that warning! it's all coming together now buddy.

powerbats

09-23-2014

Quote:
Yea. 3-5 reports from a premade would trigger that warning! it's all coming together now buddy.

Wrong, 1 report per game is the same as 9 reports per game and doesn't get you into trouble any faster. It's based upon reports versus games played and always has been. You could get a million reports per game and the system will still flag the game as only getting 1 report. If the reports are false you won't get into trouble but since you're getting into trouble the reports are valid.

VegetaOP

09-23-2014

Quote:
powerbats:
Wrong, 1 report per game is the same as 9 reports per game and doesn't get you into trouble any faster. It's based upon reports versus games played and always has been. You could get a million reports per game and the system will still flag the game as only getting 1 report. If the reports are false you won't get into trouble but since you're getting into trouble the reports are valid.

How do you know thats how it works? because if one report is as effective as 9 then i dont think what you said is true about how the pop ups show up randomly they only really show up if you get reported for verbal abuse ive noticed through many years of watching my friends and myself play ive probably watch over 7000 games of league of legends over the past 3 years between me and my friends and in post game ive only ever seen that pop up when some one reports for verbal abuse, and usually people say what theyre gonna report for to get everyone else to do it too, thats probably the way ********o figures it out and, before you mock me or something like that, this is just a simple question based off my observations, id just like an answer not a smartass remark, how does the system work? cuz from this thread it looks as though you guys are just asumeing how it works, im not saying i know, id just like to find out what you do.