Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot needs to stand up to the issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clantosa

09-23-2014

Who here is sick and tired of queuing up to a normal dominion game and have a slew of bots in your games? Bots that are far worse in skill than Riots beginner bots and bots that half the times don't even buy items.

Every single dominion game I've played today and yesterday has been met with bots. And I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick and tired of it. They aren't fun to play against and they aren't fun to play with. All they do is ruin the game and makes me feel like I just want to quit League all together.

Everyone knows about these bots they are no secret. So I think it's time that Riot finally stands up to the issue and eliminates these bots are perma bans all accounts on the very first instance with no forgiveness what so ever.

KaWraith

09-25-2014

Currently they seem to prefer having the bots in dominion over having them in custom games... It has been over a year, and they haven't done anything about the issue... except for 1 case I heard of where they banned a bot account, but only AFTER someone bought it on the black market.

Sends a pretty clear message to me.

HaIfhearted

09-25-2014

The bots are already spreading into Twisted Treeline as well, and I'm willing to bet that theres a good few in SR as well that simply haven't been detected yet due to that maps high population.

I assume that by the time Riot finally takes action against the bots, it will be after they have already started causing a somewhat noticeable impact in SR.

Fox of the Hill

09-25-2014

One of my friends can confirm there are bots in SR, but this is getting way out of hand. It used to be once you hit about 30 you didn't have to worry about Bots.

SylianEUW

09-25-2014

They're working on it.

Quote:
Lyte:
Yes, we're working on a few short-term things to combat Bots in Dominion. Drevarius is a designer that has been working on that problem. As you might know, we usually don't discuss anti-hacking or anti-botting measures because it typically is an arms race.

molokodude

09-25-2014

Quote:
SylianEUW:
They're working on it.

Their in a discussion phase at best. People dont understand bots have/are being hit with the report for feeding. Until people do that over"wth guise dis gaem was wer'ed. dem guise were totes behaving star ange imma make another thread about them"