Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How good do i need to be?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

candycastle

09-23-2014

Seriously, how good do i need to be in this game to deserve a win? I win my lane LITERALLY EVERY GAME, but most of the time the other two lose. Terribly.
Please don't come to me with your typical BS about why it is my fault. Just give me the benefit of the doubt and assume it is true. What the hell am i supposed to do?

GeLaT

09-23-2014

CS

Gnargles

09-23-2014

100-150 CS in 30+ minute games yikes

V4VictoryPB

09-23-2014

Quote:
candycastle:
Seriously, how good do i need to be in this game to deserve a win? I win my lane LITERALLY EVERY GAME, but most of the time the other two lose. Terribly.
Please don't come to me with your typical BS about why it is my fault. Just give me the benefit of the doubt and assume it is true. What the hell am i supposed to do?

If you get to around 160+ CS by 20 mins and win your lane you are pretty much guaranteed to win any game up to platinum (from personnel experience) simply because 9 times out of 10 you will have a HUGE gold lead which often directly proportional to XP lead and item build. At 20 minutes if you accomplished your goal you start focusing on team goals: Objectives such as dragon/baron, help ward, help clear wards (run sweeper + green wards if not support post 10-min mark), and join other lanes to push towers out.

But seriously, CS does win games. I took a gamble and went top Nid and killed my enemy by 2 min mark and just went on global roaming spree - killing enemy jungler at least 4 times in span of 10 minutes delaying/denying his buffs, helped mid kill enemy mid, went bot and got more kills (this is all like pre-20 min mark) just total roam. My jungler kept complaining "Your taking my job blah blah blah" he was worst jungler I ever seen... But the point is, I only had like 100 CS by 25 mins and even though I had like 12 kills 3 deaths the enemy just caught up faster in XP and gold threw CS that I fell off pretty fast. Now if I stayed in lane and limited my roam to just upper half and took all waves I would probably have carried game better. Despite killing 3 people in a 1v5 dive my adc was somehow well underfarmed, jungler trolled lane farm most of game, and mid was afk... we practically won game 3v5 if mid didn't DC :'(

But yeah, better CS + more dragons will usually mean you deserve more wins :P

dredzach

09-23-2014

Some points you should consider:

1. Being powerful counts for nothing if you don't use it. This mostly applies to top lane, but it could apply anywhere. Your effect on the game is [power]x[presence]. So you should balance power (farming) with presence (roaming/objectives/teamfights). Example permafarm nassus top or permafarm udyr jungle is useless to the team. Often you can lose lane and still be more useful cause you roam and they just keep farming.

2. Choosing fights plays a huge part in winning mid/end game. Players initiate bad fights OR it's a good initiation but their team doesn't follow up. Be someone who can initiate a fight, but isn't totally reliant on the team to follow up. Example galio requires team to follow up or just dies. Otherwise your bad teammates are choosing more fights than you are

3. Get wards/sightstone to help your teammates with their bad map awareness. Lategame theres no reason you wouldn't have a pink out at all times, somewhere on the map.

4. Don't say anything negative. Only say nice things. When you see a toddler try to walk, you encourage them and they try harder, right? It works. Example, say "gj" or "thanks for the help", even when they only did what they should. When a jungler ignores my lane all game and then one time ganks for me I say thanks. I don't complain that they ignored me.

5. Try to let your teammates have the roles/champs they want. Remember they are worse than you supposedly so they need every advantage to not suck.