Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Warwick Items: Wit's End or BotRK first?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Bob US

09-23-2014

For a jungling Warwick I'll typically try to get Feral Flare and Tier 2 Boots first, but what is the best item to get after that? Can anyone make a case for why it should be Wit's End over Blade of the Ruined King or vice versa?

FantasySniper

09-23-2014

BoTRK before Wit's End.
You get the clear speed to snowball into WE, and it has a significantly better build path.

ItsStout

09-23-2014

Id say wits, as I dont get BotRK on him.

But I go feral into Sunfire, into MAYBE WIts.

Just because Flare and Wits synergy and WW doesn't need lifesteal.

krobar94

09-23-2014

Quote:
ItsStout:
Id say wits, as I dont get BotRK on him.

But I go feral into Sunfire, into MAYBE WIts.

Just because Flare and Wits synergy and WW doesn't need lifesteal.

You play him in the jungle where it's actually somewhat up for debate to even get it. I'd still go with BoRK in almost all occasions as the damage spike you can get from it is huge. It just has so much synergy with his ult in all ways. LS, AD, On-hit, and an active that keeps them from kiting you.

But like I said, you're jungling. Your team probably needs you to be a bit tanky. BoRK is also expensive.

67chrome

09-24-2014

Quote:
Silent Bob US:
Can anyone make a case for why it should be Wit's End over Blade of the Ruined King or vice versa?

Wit's End actually synergizes with Warwick's kit better. More %AS means faster amping up of his passive, MR shred means more damage from his skills, durability means some tank for a tanky DPS. The MR shred also synergizes niceley with Feral Flare's damage.

Kingblade is a solid item, but it's expensive, and offers some fairly redundant strengths in regards to Warwick's kit.
The haste/slow is the biggest plus, but otherwise it deals pretty close to the same damage as Wit's per gold spent, but no durability at all.

That said - Warwick is a tanky DPS champion with no innate tank. He deals a solid chunk of damage even built full-tank, what with how much of a pain it is to counter-build his hybridized damage, %HP damage, and his solid bases. He doesn't deal much more built glass-cannon, but will shatter like glass. Faster than otherwise squishy champions like Graves.

If you already built Flare, I'd probably go Sunfire Cape next if you want more damage.

Warwick with no tank is pretty useless, Warwick that went near glass-cannon with 3 damage items that have awful late-game scaling and basically only scale with %AS (rather than AD, Crit, armor pen, and life steal as well) is also bad when that Graves with range and an escape went for mega-damage end-game with a glass-cannon build that actually scaled.

junglerboy16

09-24-2014

Yeah, flare into sun fire into wit's end is a pretty solid build route, because the magic resist shred from wit's increases the damage from his passive, the sun fire cape, the flare, and his Q. You can get BotRK if you are ahead and can afford to splurge. Usually, getting a BotRK is better if they have a really tanky toplane and at least either a tanky jungle or support as well. If the enemy team is mostly squishes, then wit's will helps you deal more damage and be better at tanking things as well. If you have the option to build squishy and still survive in team fights, then go ahead and build both.

17inchcorkscrew

09-24-2014

DFG. You're welcome.

Starcall

10-03-2014

Razor>mercs>Wardins>Feral>vissage>frozen heart>botrk>win game. My br smurf http://br.op.gg/summoner/userName=apoiar