Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I read that to build muscle you want 3k calories a day

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B00tyWarriorr

09-23-2014

Is this true? Also what does a typical days food layout look like if you wanted 3k calories.

I workout every other day. Not seeing results in chest or arms, any tips?

Smoking Fox

09-23-2014

What I do:
5 eggs
2 bagels or 4 slices of toast
A nanner

M2:
8os ground beef + spaghetti mixed like spaghetti with extra meat
(Twice a day)

M3: same as M2

M4: Chicken and rice

Protein shakes out the butt (intra and post workout)

And then whatever my family eats for dinner.

----
The most epic ****ing dumps ever come out my ass. Love it.

MoonsBane

Recruiter

09-23-2014

Yeah, if you're 5'6 and weigh 210 pounds of pure muscle else you'll just be converting that all to fat.

To build muscle you need a solid source of protein and to work out. That's it. Dietary supplements/muscle milk is a waste of time unless you're already a body builder as you're going to piss 80% of that stuff out because your body can't use it all.

Some other helpful numbers, 3500cal = 1 pound of fat. Every pound of muscle you add adds 50 to your calorie consumption. Recommended calorie intake is 2000cal. For 3000kcal you'd need 20 lbs of muscle which means you've been hitting the gym hard for at least 4 months.

B00tyWarriorr

09-23-2014

Quote:
Smoking Fox:
What I do:
5 eggs
2 bagels or 4 slices of toast
A nanner

M2:
8os ground beef + spaghetti mixed like spaghetti with extra meat
(Twice a day)

M3: same as M2

M4: Chicken and rice

Protein shakes out the butt (intra and post workout)

And then whatever my family eats for dinner.

----
The most epic ****ing dumps ever come out my ass. Love it.

That sounds like a lot more than 3k calories. 3 eggs 2 bagels is almost 1k

best feeder sona

09-23-2014

no.

you want 200-400kcal+ over your maintenance and to lift 3-4 times per week.

3k would be for your average guy maybe.

Smoking Fox

09-23-2014

Quote:
B00tyWarriorr:
That sounds like a lot more than 3k calories. 3 eggs 2 bagels is almost 1k

5 eggs and 2 full bagels shouldn't be 1k O.o

Is it?

Idk I do this and I am getting minimal fat.

B00tyWarriorr

09-23-2014

Quote:
MoonsBane:
Yeah, if you're 5'6 and weigh 210 pounds of pure muscle else you'll just be converting that all to fat.

To build muscle you need a solid source of protein and to work out. That's it. Dietary supplements/muscle milk is a waste of time unless you're already a body builder as you're going to piss 80% of that stuff out because your body can't use it all.

Some other helpful numbers, 3500kcal = 1 pound of fat. Every pound of muscle you add adds 50 to your calorie consumption. Recommended calorie intake is 2000cal. For 3000kcal you'd need 20 lbs of muscle which means you've been hitting the gym hard for at least 4 months.

I'm 6'5 and 200 pounds. I was severely underweight a couple years ago I put on a good 50 pounds since then but now when I workout I'm not seeing any results. I would say I'm slender, I have good legs thanks to my Scottish genes :P but I can't seem to build my arms or chest

Grimspeake

09-23-2014

I used to be fairly built when I was younger, played as an first string olt and 2nd string centre in football for 5 years, honestly its not about what u eat but how active you are. if your sitting around playing video games all day your never gonna get fit, u might get skinny or fat and challenger but nothing else.

Riza123

09-23-2014

You just need to eat more calories than you consume. that number is different for everyone. If you are overweight then you can build muscle while eating less calories than you consume, because you have a surplus of calories stored as fat. A good general rule is to eat 1gram of protien per pound of muscle in your body. So if you weigh 180lbs get about 180 grams of protein per day.

Critmaster Garen

09-23-2014

you have to actually exercise that much every day though.

youre not gonna build muscles just by eating that much. and its 3000 kcal

3 kcal a day would mean youll starve.