Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I'm toxic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnuggleLumpicus

09-23-2014

I recently had a great conversation with someone who was surprised that I brought up reporting when his friend, out of nowhere, decided to talk about my mother for whatever reason. Of course, why bother reporting anyway. He then said that I myself was toxic because of the way I "talk". Not what I type about.

So I think I've come to the core of the problem here. I need to know at all times what someone thinks of as pompous and condescending before conversing at all.

My conversation in game was about Kassadin being nerfed. If that tells you anything. I asked an Ez what he felt about Kassadin being nerfed into a weaker version of him. He said "pretty good". And I said "really?".

So is the only real solution is to not type anything ever? And this wouldn't only apply to me, it applies to anyone who takes the time to do something other than randomly insult people.

Since when did this game become about changing myself to appeal to the mindsets of high school dropouts? Even when I don't seek conflict.

Evangele

09-23-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:

Since when did this game become about changing myself to appeal to the mindsets of high school dropouts? Even when I don't seek conflict.

Sigh.

I can't imagine why people might have a problem with the way you speak to them.

Iabusemyminions

09-23-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:

So is the only real solution is to not type anything ever?

That's toxic.

You'll get banned by Lyte for not communicating.

SnuggleLumpicus

09-23-2014

Quote:
Evangele:
Sigh.

I can't imagine why people might have a problem with the way you speak to them.

Can you think of another group of players who would have a problem with the way someone types?

ShadeCrenshaw

09-23-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:

Why do I feel as though I saw a video about you...
It was titled biggest ****** ever....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwNPlR-eYY

SnuggleLumpicus

09-23-2014

Quote:
ShadeCrenshaw:
Why do I feel as though I saw a video about you...
It was titled biggest ****** ever....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwNPlR-eYY

You downvote posts and insult people over the internet to bring yourself some sort of joy? Look in the mirror my friend.

I never insult others on a game about something in real life. I never even tell them they are bad at the game. Only a huge loser would do that.

Azrael342

09-23-2014

I never communicate. Never been banned. Keyru's the real man around here.

ShadeCrenshaw

09-23-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
You downvote posts and insult people over the internet to bring yourself some sort of joy? Look in the mirror my friend.

I never insult others on a game about something in real life. I never even tell them they are bad at the game. Only a huge loser would do that.

And you're just proving my point...

Evangele

09-23-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
Can you think of another group of players who would have a problem with the way someone types?

A fairly large amount of the player base would have an issue with what you just typed. It -was- in fact condescending as you have no idea who those people are or what their situations may be.

If you are not being toxic, you have nothing to worry about. If you are concerned that you could be banned for saying "really?" to someone, then I think there is a bit more going on than just "really?".

If not, then you won't be banned. Tada.

You do not have to change yourself for anyone if you do not wish to. Your tone or "way of typing" in this thread already shows me that you have a tendency towards being condescending and if you cannot see that then /shrug. I am not witness to your games, so I have no idea what you say in them, therefore no idea if it is banworthy or not.

Generally when communicating in game you should be respectful of others and their feelings. It doesn't mean you have to be sunshine and lollipops but understanding that people are living behind that computer screen with feelings and emotions can help you in your games. Understanding how to communicate with people in an effective manner is an extremely important skill.

If you wish to remain speaking how you do then that is fine. I cannot confirm or deny your allegations but from your thread here, I am leaning towards the idea that you are less neutral that you are supposing to be.

Either way, good luck in future endeavours and much love <3<3<3

SnuggleLumpicus

09-23-2014

Quote:
ShadeCrenshaw:
And you're just proving my point...

What is that point? I didn't watch that whole youtube video. It was obnoxious and I didn't find it comedic in any way. If near the end it had some sort of point, I missed it.