Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

All City-States Reworked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Whren

Associate Concept Artist

09-25-2014

@Outtacontrol56:
I absolutely have no sense of timeline on this, but I for one think it'd be hard to imagine our factions NEVER criss-crossing each other.

Also, thank you re: Noxus! Most of the credit goes to them folks who write the words and things -- I just draw Noxian pillars and walls and statues (or figure out what the heck they even look like to begin with). It is one of my absolute favoritest factions, I am completely biased in this respect but NOXUS WILL RISE

@Trolosaurus:
Considering my side vocation is being a pirate, let me add a yes to that pile.

@TerraRising:
That's a fair point, and I agree. Actions and stories with consequences. This is something I would personally love to see happen too in the future. I wish I could offer a better response for now, but the reality is that it's early days yet with the lore changes being so recent. It shouldn't be an excuse, but I do hope that when we do bring you guys continuation, it'll be in a rich, in-depth Runeterra.

Wordofmask

09-26-2014

I'm a bit too late but my question is Does the lore affect to release date of a new VU TU champ?

For example if you already have a new completed Urgot in stock you must wait for new Zaun or Noxus (next loop) lore to go along with or not?

SecretLore

09-26-2014

Quote:
Wordofmask:
I'm a bit too late but my question is Does the lore affect to release date of a new VU TU champ?

For example if you already have a new completed Urgot in stock you must wait for new Zaun or Noxus (next loop) lore to go along with or not?

I think this could be the case sometimes,like the TU for Cassio and Renekton were most likely purposefully made to be released with Azir and the whole Shurima event.

However it is not always like that,I mean we've got the Nasus VU and Sivir VU already last year and they planned the shurima VU at that point already,so I think that they won't delay something like this for too long,otherwise they would have waited with these VUs until the Shurima event is coming.

They probably try to time these things to be finished at roughly the same time,so some stuff that fits with the event is probably going to get more attention,so that it finishes in time.

That would be my guess on that topic.

Happy Poro

09-28-2014

Quote:
Riot Whren:
@Outtacontrol56:
I absolutely have no sense of timeline on this, but I for one think it'd be hard to imagine our factions NEVER criss-crossing each other.

Also, thank you re: Noxus! Most of the credit goes to them folks who write the words and things -- I just draw Noxian pillars and walls and statues (or figure out what the heck they even look like to begin with). It is one of my absolute favoritest factions, I am completely biased in this respect but NOXUS WILL RISE

@Trolosaurus:
Considering my side vocation is being a pirate, let me add a yes to that pile.

@TerraRising:
That's a fair point, and I agree. Actions and stories with consequences. This is something I would personally love to see happen too in the future. I wish I could offer a better response for now, but the reality is that it's early days yet with the lore changes being so recent. It shouldn't be an excuse, but I do hope that when we do bring you guys continuation, it'll be in a rich, in-depth Runeterra.

Hell yeah! GO NOXUS :3

P.S. This poro also likes Freljord, for obvious reasons.

Chromatic Eagle

09-29-2014

Quote:
Riot Whren:
@TerraRising:
I personally don't have insight into the answer for that. There's linear, story progression-driven narrative, and then there's non-linear story-telling, and I think we're still investigating these varied approaches. Again, I don't have a definitive answer to your question because I don't have context on those decisions -- but I think a good starting point would be to view Runeterra as an evolving and living world.

I know you can't spoil the story, but what about teasers to the next lore development or rework? Now seems like a great time to expand on the Black Rose with Vladimir and Elise, or Katarina's family and her father. Maybe Jarvan's feelings on being kidnapped.

I personally would rather you focus on rebuilding the events we know so far but without the League. That means Ionia, Frejlord, and Kalamanda.