Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Summoners and IoW were limiting the lore posssibilities"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamadriade

09-22-2014

No.

"Commoners and mages along reported to the IoW that earthquakes had been happening in the Shurima Capitol. The IoW decided to investigate so Cassiopeia offered hiring Sivir to help her explore the ancient piramids"

Uh God damn that was sooooo haaaard, I understand you now Riot.

Lajinn5

09-22-2014

Cassiopeia trying to murder Sivir would be against the IoW regulations I believe

MugenNightmare

09-22-2014

Quote:
Lajinn5:
Cassiopeia trying to murder Sivir would be against the IoW regulations I believe

They're in an abandoned tomb, who would know how she died?

Erockandroll

09-22-2014

With out summoners or the IoW. I'm guessing that the League of legends is not going to actually be on Valoran, (possibly not even on Runterria)

I'm just confused about how much they are actually changing. What happened with the runic wars if the IoW never came to be?

Thanotos Omega

09-22-2014

Quote:
MugenNightmare:
They're in an abandoned tomb, who would know how she died?

The first person to summon her, Who would then tell the others and she would be locked like Cho up or killed,

CupcakeTrap

Recruiter

09-22-2014

Quote:
Lajinn5:

I would find it strange if IoW law worked that way. It's certainly not how it works in Factions (http://LeagueFactions.net), and I don't see us as departing from the old lore in that regard. (And on that note, departing from the lore is obviously not off the table: if Riot is okay with departing from the lore by deleting the League, surely "departure from the lore" would not be a strong objection to reworking or revising the League.) They might get in some trouble for snooping around the pyramids, I suppose, but that happens all the time. The way I see it, war itself isn't strictly illegal: it's just that if a big war breaks out, it's likely the League will assert jurisdiction and monitor the conflict to make sure it stays within non-world-explodey limits.

Speaking of Factions, this actually came up in a lore update.

From Hextech Revolution Lore Update 5: (http://leaguefactions.net/hextech-revolution-update-5-get-jinxed/)
Get Jinxed!
1078278 (http://leaguefactions.net/hextech-revolution-update-5-get-jinxed/)

Corporal Dalton looked across at the soldier sitting opposite her, and saw his own head lolling. She secured his rifle with a firm grip, lest the idiot shoot her, and gave him a swift kick in the shin with the steel toe of her boot. He jolted awake in terror. “Private Rigby!” She checked his rifle into his chest hard enough to knock him back into the wall. “Seeeeeecure arms!” She watched him blearily come to his senses, and released the rifle to help him along with a slap across the face. “Asleep at your post? That’s a hanging offense, that is. What would your dear ol’ mum say?” She really threw herself into the routine; the private’s terror was vicariously invigorating. She spared a quick glance to confirm that Jinx was still out.

“Wasn’t sleep, ma’am. A-asleep, I mean. Wasn’t.”

“Don’t you ma’am me, and don’t you lie to me neither.” She looked him up and down. “Hung by the neck ‘til dead. On account of it being treason, sleeping at your post.” She gave a firm nod. “And that’s if we make it back to Piltover. This is Shurima, soldier. Extrajurisdictional territory. So long as they don’t touch the pyrikhos or disturb the Council zones, any country can do anything they like out here. And you know what they’ve been saying about mummies and such. You’re lucky it was me waking you up, and not—”

BOOM!

hextechrevolutionbanner-geekeewastaken-jinxed.jpg

MugenNightmare

09-22-2014

Quote:
Thanotos Omega:
The first person to summon her, Who would then tell the others and she would be locked like Cho up or killed,

Her word, a mercenary for hire, versus a high ranking Noxian official.

The political scandals and bribes galore.

CupcakeTrap

Recruiter

09-22-2014

Quote:
Thanotos Omega:

There's no reason for Summoning to work like that: literally yanking people out of the middle of eating breakfast or a battlefield or something. It makes more sense for most Champions (barring Cho'gath types) to simply show up for "League Duty" every now and then, pursuant to their oath.

Thanotos Omega

09-22-2014

Quote:
CupcakeTrap:
I would find it strange if IoW law worked that way. It's certainly not how it works in Factions (http://LeagueFactions.net), and I don't see us as departing from the old lore in that regard. They might get in some trouble for snooping around the pyramids, I suppose, but that happens all the time. The way I see it, war itself isn't strictly illegal: it's just that if a big war breaks out, it's likely the League will assert jurisdiction and monitor the conflict to make sure it stays within non-world-explodey limits.

Speaking of Factions, this actually came up in a lore update.

From Hextech Revolution Lore Update 5: Get Jinxed
1078278 (http://leaguefactions.net/hextech-revolution-update-5-get-jinxed/)

Corporal Dalton looked across at the soldier sitting opposite her, and saw his own head lolling. She secured his rifle with a firm grip, lest the idiot shoot her, and gave him a swift kick in the shin with the steel toe of her boot. He jolted awake in terror. “Private Rigby!” She checked his rifle into his chest hard enough to knock him back into the wall. “Seeeeeecure arms!” She watched him blearily come to his senses, and released the rifle to help him along with a slap across the face. “Asleep at your post? That’s a hanging offense, that is. What would your dear ol’ mum say?” She really threw herself into the routine; the private’s terror was vicariously invigorating. She spared a quick glance to confirm that Jinx was still out.

“Wasn’t sleep, ma’am. A-asleep, I mean. Wasn’t.”

“Don’t you ma’am me, and don’t you lie to me neither.” She looked him up and down. “Hung by the neck ‘til dead. On account of it being treason, sleeping at your post.” She gave a firm nod. “And that’s if we make it back to Piltover. This is Shurima, soldier. Extrajurisdictional territory. So long as they don’t touch the pyrikhos or disturb the Council zones, any country can do anything they like out here. And you know what they’ve been saying about mummies and such. You’re lucky it was me waking you up, and not—”

BOOM!

Attacking a champion of the League is not tolerated, They locked up Kass for attacking Malz even though they know he is trying to destroy the world because they read his mind every time he is summoned, like how they read Leblanc's and know what she pulled at the crystal scar, and Xerath's and know he is trying to use them to make him self stronger,

Quepha

09-22-2014

Quote:
Lajinn5:

this is cassiopeia's new origin story, she didn't enter the league until after she got her snake powers.