Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

REBORN - Sion Relaunch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharjo

09-22-2014

http://promo.na.leagueoflegends.com/...en_na_fpc_day1 (http://promo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/reborn/?ref=en_na_fpc_day1)

Well boys and girls, SION'S BACK!

Time to start looking at Noxian lore because ****'s going down now! General Boram Darkwill, King Jarvan (the first...? Second...? Third...?), Leblanc and the Black Rose are all involved!

TerraRising

09-22-2014

Yeah, I was going to post this. Oddly enough, the text part interests me more than anything else...

Also, DON'T **** THIS UP, RITO!!! I've waited TOO long for this!

Edit: I'm curious about a few non-lore things.

1. Does Sion still sounds like the Austrian Muscleman
  2. Has his dance improved?
  3. What replaced the suicide bomber E-Q-Boom combo?

Melancholy Exile

09-22-2014

That piece in the sidebar with Leblanc raises all sorts of questions about the timeline.

Have we gone back to the days before Boram Darkwill died, and thus is Swain no longer Grand General of Noxus?

Sharjo

09-22-2014

Quote:
Melancholy Exile:
That piece in the sidebar with Leblanc raises all sorts of questions about the timeline.

Have we gone back to the days before Boram Darkwill died, and thus is Swain no longer Grand General of Noxus?

This could end up being something that leads in to how they re-write the Kalamanda incident. Right now it looks like it's set before Swain took over.

TerraRising

09-22-2014

Quote:
Melancholy Exile:

Given that it's a memorial and the Journal of Justice is no longer canon (or even on the website), it's probably a throwback to when Sion first died.

Sharjo

09-22-2014

Quote:
TerraRising:

Edit: I'm curious about a few non-lore things.
  1. Does Sion still sounds like the Austrian Muscleman
  2. Has his dance improved?
  3. What replaced the suicide bomber E-Q-Boom combo?

He's not actually released on the pbe yet, so we have no idea to any of these things. I believe they might keep that accent for his barbarian skin, because that'd be hilarious and they said that's a possibility, but his voice is likely VERY different. Everything about him will change.

Axinhed

09-22-2014

I'll wait till this ends before I comment.

Hell, I'm still waiting for those changed Shurima lores before I can comment on those too.

The hype train doesn't hold that much excitement for me anymore.

Melancholy Exile

09-22-2014

One suggestion that came up in talking with a friend is that this could actually be referring to the death of Jarvan the second, the current king's father. That would be one explanation for how a setting-shaking change like this could be casually introduced without radically changing things. It would also explain why Darkwill is referred to as the Grand General.

LordHippoman

Recruiter

09-22-2014

Oh, please don't retcon Swain out of being Grand General. That was cool as hell.

Looking forward to seeing where this leads...and damn, Shurima ended yesterday. I might hate the retcon, but I have to respect the pace of the new stuff.

Wordofmask

09-22-2014

Quote:
Melancholy Exile:

This is exactly what I'm thinking about. Is this teaser just flashback event or something else? I really fear that they would like to throw Swain from his throne in this new lore. However it's just the beginning I will keep calm and looking for it.