Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wrath of the Guardians (Closed RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krokaska

09-23-2014

Krokaska frowned, as the light focused on him and his companion. The dire frostwolf, whose white fur appeared to shine in the luminescence, did not appreciate it either, baring his long fangs and growling lowly, until Krokaska motioned for him to calm down. Slowly the heavily armoured orc made his way forward, his large stature quickly drawing attention from those, who had before not noticed the giant standing in their midst. Hrimfur quietly followed, like usual seeping predatory grace from every fibre in his being. Eventually the two larger than life figures stood up front, demanding their own space solely due to the sheer difference in size. However, for now they remained silent.

Krokaska listened to all the people around him, the complaints, the excitement, the greed at the sight of money. By and large this appeared to be the usual gathering of sellswords, along with the usual few who stood out. Most were busy trying to make the decision made by sellswords everywhere: Whether the pay was worth the danger. Others made the decision to inquire about more information, a wise decision in almost any circumstance. One woman had already declared herself ready to go, apparently a woman who looked forwards to the adventure as much as the actual reward.

All of this Krokaska heard, and kept inside of himself. Still, he could also find reasons to accept this mission. As somebody who has spend most of his time wandering the prospect of exploring a whole new land had a certain appeal. While the orc did not put as much value on money as must, the pay wasn't bad either. But most importantly, new land would mean new earth. The sky encompasses everything, and is thus always the same, but if Krokaska were to travel to this new land he could communicate with the earth and the spirits there, and see what they had to tell. As a son of a shaman, and a descendant of a long line of shamans, the possibility of visiting a new place, before it was flooded with people, was certainly enticing. However...

"You certainly know how to talk, but I have to agree with those, who demand more details. It is only natural that we should be on our guard, but with the current information we have little that we could prepare for, save for the preparations that every intelligent sellsword makes before accepting a new job. Even if some of the information can only be told to those, who have already accepted, I would ask of you that you present us more to work with. Did the last message you received from the colony hint towards the possibility of losing contact? If not, that means that whatever halted the communication did so fast enough that they could not send a warning. If that were the case that would immediately increase the potential danger of this mission. Do you believe that the colony was attacked, or that something happened akin to those flares of blue flame?"

While the humans (and orc) talked Hrimfur sat down and sniffed the air, looking at everybody with eyes the colour of ice, a chill surrounding the large wolf, which could not be explained away as part of the imagination.

Grand Viper

09-24-2014

Leuko's smile never wavered for even a second. He gave his cane a quick spin as he pointed at Alaric and answered, "All of you have asked the same questions, so, I will address all of the similar ones in a single stroke. For you, however, how many in the colony? 75 people in total by the time we lost contact with them."

His cane swiveled and pointed at Covren, "Why is it so important? I am sure that you can come to a few conclusions yourself, but I cannot speak them aloud quite yet," the lanky man stated. Leuko tilted his head, staring at Covren as he gave his cane another twirl. "I will get into those particular specifics if, and only if, you accept it. An NDA must be formed, despite how trustworthy you are, in order to protect Noxus. I cannot just give the information out and expect you to be able to get up and leave. It would endanger our beloved Noxus."

He allowed the hypocrisy of his statement to sink in before he added, "Which should really show just how deep down the rabbit hole the lot of you are already in this little soiree. But..." Leuko pointed at Alura and said, "If you accept like her, I assure you, I will reveal to you the secret of the Blue Flame Isle."

Leuko pointed at Krokaska and gave him a wide grin, ignoring the dire wolf that walked about. If Hrimfur would attempt to detect the scent of Leuko, all he would receive is an ever changing cocktail of smells, but there would be 3 always prevalent: The subtle scent of charred hickory, the subtle scent of lilac and just hints of fireweed honey.

"Ah, now you, my friend, asked the common question: What happened? Were they attacked? But more particular, as asked by you, was there any hint of attack?"

Leuko gave the air a firm wave. He tapped the stage, his cane snapped up into his palm and he held his hands behind his back, his grin gone. "There was no sign of trouble. The last communication we received from them was their intent to explore deeper into wilderness of the Blue Flame Isle, nothing unusual, but we have no heard from them since. As Covren said, I did not send some soldiers, I sent some of the best that believed in the heart of the mission and what it stood for. Yet we have somehow lost contact without even the faintest whisper of true danger. There were some animals, some fauna, that yielded some risk, yes, but nothing that could not be handled under ordinary circumstances. So why the cut in communication?"

Leuko raised a finger up, gave it a wag and asked, "Before I explain any further, I must ask all of you a question: Do you, or do you not, agree to an NDA?" He quickly added in with a shrug of his shoulders, "A non-disclosure agreement, or else I cannot reveal the finer details, my friends. That does not mean you must accept the offer, of course not, you can refuse the expedition, but it boils down to a now simple: Yes, you want to know more, or no, you want out now?"

Delmegar

09-26-2014

((Bumping. The sooner we can get through this session, the sooner that we can get to the real fun..))

Krokaska

09-27-2014

Krokaska frowned, as he processed the information given by the man. As he suspected, they would have to agree to keeping their mouth shut, before they would be given the full details. That would make it harder to decide, whether the job was worth the pay or not. At least, for the other sellswords. Krokaska and Hrimfur held little concern for whether they would be paid enough, for the amount of danger they would be put in. However, that did not mean that they would willingly accept a mission which looked like certain death. What little information was available could be summarized as thus: A sizeable group, partly made up of soldiers worth several times their own number, was send into a completely foreign area which so far had not shown itself to be overly dangerous, and was then annihilated with such speed that they had not even been able to send a warning or cry for help. No matter how you looked at it, this mission was a dangerous one, most importantly because of the lack of solid information.

Hrimfur meanwhile was focusing on the man on the stage, baring fangs as he tried to discern the scent coming from the thin man and his strange looking hat. Normal people may have differentiations in their scent regarding the situation, but unless they were trying to befuddle those with sensitive noses there was always a solid base. But with this man, besides a couple of persistent traces, his entire scent changed from one moment to the next, and it contained a lot more smells than what Hrimfur was used to. The dire frostwolf was not particularly used to not being able to understand a scent, which immediately made him suspicious towards this strange man.

After some considering Krokaska nodded, having made up his mind. The job was certainly dangerous, but not more dangerous than some of those Krokaska had lived through in the past. Besides of that, it would be beneficial for both the new land, and the rest of Valoran, if a shaman came along to such a mystic place, in case the land itself was alive, and required some convincing not to treat any outsiders as enemies. And even if that all was put aside, there was the fact that Krokaska did not have anybody, who he could give this information to, except possibly selling it to other city states, which would be dishonourable.

"I agree to keep silent, about any information you are willing to reveal to us regarding this mission."

Xavaresxutris

09-27-2014

Alaric leaned back in his chair, grimly considering his options. Whatever silenced the outpost was certainly formidable, but there was a chance some of the colony's inhabitants had survived. Secondarily, he really, really could use the money, and considering who he would be travelling with, Alaric reasoned that he held a good chance of getting back in one piece.

"I'll go," Alaric nodded, "and I agree to your terms."

Ask Quinn n Val

09-28-2014

Alura smirked slightly as the man pointed at her, crossing her arms as she leaned back in her chair. "You've been oddly specific about who you're calling out. I have a feeling you've already decided who's coming should they accept. How many people here were invited just to make it seem like you didn't have this all completely planned?"

She rose a brow slightly, curious. The man did seem like the puppet master type. In a sense that the puppet master never quite seemed to be the one pulling the strings.

Zentorer

09-28-2014

Covren folded his arms as he thought. This could just be a suicide mission. No, it was most likely a suicide mission. But that had never stopped him before. Anyway, whatever it was that was out there had taken Noxian lives. It will pay dearly.

"Fine, I accept your terms." Covren said gruffly. "I shall take part in this non-disclosure agreement as long as you tell me all you know of this island."

Grand Viper

09-29-2014

Leuko's eyes locked with Alura's, his grin every widening. "Let's be honest, between you and me, darling, who really has a chance here? You four," he said before pointing at one of the audience members. "Or that guy. Really, I don't even know his name."

"Jake the Sn-"

"Doesn't matter." Leuko interrupted with a wave of his hands before he looked looked about at the others. "I heard four agreements to the NDA, do I have more?"

Murmurs of reluctant agreement churned out one after another.

"Bien."

Leuko slammed his hands together, causing the shadows to twist and pry themselves off of the wall as though they had come to life. The choking darkness crawled away towards the door, and seemingly disappeared, revealing the lushness of the room they sat in. Red velvet chairs that matched the drapes of the stage, all the wood was made from mahogany, walnut and/or oak, and were designed in the antique Noxian style which meant plenty of carved floral patterns and images of ancient entities whose names had been long forgotten.

"Now, for the secret of the Blue Flames Isle, my friends: It is magical."

Leuko allowed this to sink into everyone's minds, what it could mean considering they lived in a world that was governed by magic before he clarified, "There is nowhere else in Runeterra you can currently visit that has a closer connection the Arcane Weave than the Blue Flames Isle."

The thin man snapped his fingers and allowed a spark of blue flame race from his fingertips upwards. "The secret of the geysers is the dimension of the Arcane Weave actually piercing the veil of its own accord through the abundant mana sources that seem to strengthen the island. And rather than face the corruption that the rest of Runeterra faces from abuse, it thrives." Leuko paced back and forth as he concluded, "But the most dire question, what could have happened, I cannot answer. That, my friends, is my quandary."

He looked about and asked, "Are there any further questions, or have I tickled your fancy enough?"

Xavaresxutris

09-30-2014

With a shrug of resignation, Alaric had but one more question to present. "When do we leave?"

((Loathe as I am to have Alaric be the first one responding, I may as well post if nobody else has yet.
Few questions;
Are all the random sellswords also tagging along as redshirts?
Is a Valor a gold coin, following the general worth of six equal to one US dollar that the stickied threads suggest?
Also, hahaha, is that guy's name actually Jake the Snake? XD ))

Zentorer

10-01-2014

Covren pondered a bit, but reached a conclusion. Whatever was there was a threat to Noxians. Therefore, it was his duty to put an end to it. And he surely could not leave such a task to a bunch of sellswords, especially with a Demacian in the party.

"Indeed, I am eager to start this journey. Tell me when and tell me where, and I will be there."