Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Slow Download --> Turn off peer-to-peer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mayeson

02-01-2011

It sounds counter-intuitive....but (at least for me), turning off peer-to-peer mode made my download go from 2kbs to 60kbs.

It isn't that strange however....as the number of users increase, the number of times that seed gets used increases, which decreases the overall bandwith that a single user will experience. This can only be offset by adding more bandwith (or users that have the connection + %downloaded > you)....which is why when a patch goes live and a million people jump on simultaneously the patcher just dies....

Edit: If you downvote...why? (an explanation would be nice)

tehStriker

02-01-2011

^ This worked for me too

NiTroFX

02-01-2011

I tried the same but it had the opposite effect so I re-enabled and my speed jumped back up to like.. 60 lol I quit and restarted the download and I finished downloading at like 800 kb/s

Ajaxanon

02-01-2011

This didn't work for me, but something else did:

I opened utorrent and started downloading something. Done this before, and it got the patch to download at about 50-60kbs which wasnt too bad after waiting for hours