Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Proof that Xerath is Jafaresque evil villain now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1d2f73fc65c5cecdf878c

09-19-2014

According to Robolions:

"In the Shurima lore Xerath is the bad guy that betrays his emperor and tries to install himself as leader of Shurima. Not cool, let's get him!"

Why do you lie to us Runaan?

Chromatic Eagle

09-19-2014

Who is that again?

LordHippoman

Recruiter

09-19-2014

It's news that Xerath is the bad guy of the Shurima event? Who else would you call the bad guy, Amumu?

That would be a wonderful plot twist. Amumu, The Sad Megalomaniac.

GenociderX

09-19-2014

Amumu plans to make everyone sad.

Melancholy Exile

09-19-2014

Quote:
Chromatic Eagle:
Who is that again?

He's a Rioter who posted in the Ascension (The game mode) AMA.

Personally I wouldn't put much stock in this as I doubt he's got any real connection to the lore guys.

Scilica

09-19-2014

Well, Xerath has always seemed a 'lil crazy. So it makes sense for him to be crazy.

Grand Viper

09-19-2014

Quote:
Melancholy Exile:
He's a Rioter who posted in the Ascension (The game mode) AMA.

Personally I wouldn't put much stock in this as I doubt he's got any real connection to the lore guys.

I'm saving this quote, just for the future in case someone brings up Irelia is a lich because a QA Analyst said she is.

Shokah

09-19-2014

I'm of the opinion that JafarXerath is the new internal (Riot) take on the champ. Screw nuance and subtlety. Can't wait to read more stories where the characters are flattened into always right good guys and always terrible bad guys.

Knowing is half the battle! GIJOE!

Chromatic Eagle

09-19-2014

Wasn't Jafar all about subtlety? If anything, Xerath might be more similar to Scar.

LordHippoman

Recruiter

09-19-2014

Quote:
Chromatic Eagle:
Wasn't Jafar all about subtlety? If anything, Xerath might be more similar to Scar.

So was Scar though, up until he kills Mufasa, he's trying to make him believe he still loves him because he's his brother.

New Xerath reminds me more of that scene in Final Fantasy 6 where Kefka hijacks the magic power up beam from Emperor Gestahl.