Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Flaws in American Competition

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Papa Nasty

09-18-2014

I don't believe you need personal experience in order to criticize American teams. I won't pretend to be a God, I am what most would consider a bad player. Although my biggest problem is playing to much. I'll win 10 games in a row and then loose 15 straight for lack of enthusiasm. I lack persistence in my concentration, although to me it's just a game.

I love this game, I enjoy spectating almost more so then playing. What I don't understand about our scene, is how unprofessional our professionals are. This isn't soccer guys, Americans don't have the excuse of not being "into" video games.

Something needs to give. I won't pretend to know where the problem is, although some are obvious. Americans would rather play, then learn from watching real competitors. It is glaringly obvious at worlds, as we can't seem to take one game from Asia.

It is so much more enjoyable watching Asian teams. Our scene will suffer from our indifference, not many kids will tune in too see Uzi shred through our favorite players like Godzilla on Hollywood Blvd. I love watching those piss ants served up some humble pie. Although at the same time we share in the embarrassment.

HotshotGG is the peak example of our national identity in Esports. All the talent in the world, but he's streaming streaming Sims 3 at the moment.

Dr Priapism

09-19-2014

Quote:
Papa Nasty:
I don't believe you need personal experience in order to criticize American teams. I won't pretend to be a God, I am what most would consider a bad player. Although my biggest problem is playing to much. I'll win 10 games in a row and then loose 15 straight for lack of enthusiasm. I lack persistence in my concentration, although to me it's just a game.

I love this game, I enjoy spectating almost more so then playing. What I don't understand about our scene, is how unprofessional our professionals are. This isn't soccer guys, Americans don't have the excuse of not being "into" video games.

Something needs to give. I won't pretend to know where the problem is, although some are obvious. Americans would rather play, then learn from watching real competitors. It is glaringly obvious at worlds, as we can't seem to take one game from Asia.

It is so much more enjoyable watching Asian teams. Our scene will suffer from our indifference, not many kids will tune in too see Uzi shred through our favorite players like Godzilla on Hollywood Blvd. I love watching those piss ants served up some humble pie. Although at the same time we share in the embarrassment.

HotshotGG is the peak example of our national identity in Esports. All the talent in the world, but he's streaming streaming Sims 3 at the moment.

TSM just beat TPA. Anything else?

Aametherar

09-19-2014

Quote:
Papa Nasty:

Problem? It's called freedom. If the South Koreans not being allowed by their sponsors etc. to have a girlfriend is "srs e-sports" I want nothing to do with it, if he wants to have fun on the sims 3 more power to him. NA is doing fine.

Dr Priapism

09-19-2014

Quote:
Aametherar:
Problem? It's called freedom. If the South Koreans not being allowed by their sponsors etc. to have a girlfriend is "srs e-sports" I want nothing to do with it, if he wants to have fun on the sims 3 more power to him. NA is doing fine.

Absolutely agreed on this.