Help me with Sivir...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rotflcopter

01-19-2010

hi all, i would like to get some advice in playing Sivir...

i really like her, i like her ability to farm and push but... she's reeeeeally weak both defensive and offensive: 1v1 i can't beat ANY champion, even when i outgear them, unless they are <100% hp and with spells on cooldown...

i usually start the game buying 1 dagger and 1 heal pot.

then proceed to buy berserker's greaves and build up stark's fervor. then infinity edge and frozen mallet (or phage, infinity, frozen mallet)

and well, it works good for minions but really doesn't cut it with champions.

am i doing something wrong? also, which runes should i buy?

Level99RaidBoss

01-19-2010

Get Rally/Teleport as your summoner spells. Go with a 9/0/21 mastery build. The 9 in utility means your boomerangs will hit that much harder. Make sure you grab exp boost in the utility tree, Sivir is a great farmer and is constantly running around the map pushing back creep waves with 1 boomerang and ricochet hits gaining fast solo exp along the way. If you out level enemy champs by just 2-3 levels you can start doing massive damage with boomerang.

Start off with a meki pendant and 2 hp pots, as soon as you have 500g port back to base and buy a chalice of harmony. Never worry about mana again and spam boomerangs at every creep wave and anytime you think you can hit their champ.

Skill build go boomerang, ricochet, ricochet, boomerang, spell shield, ulti then after that alternate levels between boomerang and ricochet, grabbing ulti whenever you can.

With constant boomerang spammage and ricochets you can deny the enemy champs of any last hits. I've gone solo mid vs people with lifesteal and they get so low they cant even risk hitting the mobs to regain hp else my ricochets or boomerangs will end them

If you get into a 1v1 drop rally, hit ulti and start spamming boomerangs. If they have a stun use spell shield whenever you think they'd like to stun you. You can beat a teemo 1v1 in mid even when he blinds you just cause rally will keep you alive and boomerang will eat his hp like cake.

After the chalice go for either the 450g lifesteal item, or straight for berserkers greaves if youre not getting harrassed. After those items get BF Sword > Bloodthirster then make a Last Whisper. You should be around level 11-14 at this point and you will chew through towers with your ulti up. If you see most of the enemy champs on the minimap far away from you and you have a lane open, hit your ult next to a creep wave and rush with your creeps. Don't wait till you're at their tower to ult, as the tower would be dead before the ult runs off anyway and doing this gives the enemy more time to respond.

devotionx

01-19-2010

go 21/0/9...

pick ghost and teleport, skill them in utility tree, your ult and ghost let u engage when ever you want and escape as well, play aggressive. when engaging champs with exhaust, blow your shield right before reaching them, if you see your loossing the battle, run away, with ghost most time. your increased dodge while running will let you escape easily.
in fact facing a dps carry with lifeleech, an executioner blade will help you rape them.

your better at farming then all the other champs, so a smart itembuild is all about advantage and disadvantage.

i raped Yii, Jax, Tyrandemer, without any problems.
casters with snares like ryze get killed by using your shield wislly.
the only ones you have to fear really are tanks who stomp and pump,
aka Alistar, Crank, Rammus etc.

after level 6 you should organize ganks with your ult, cauz thats the real strenght of sivir.
the itembuild of turviel is nice and will let u hit them hard

Bootlick

01-19-2010

I use Sivir as a turrent pusher/defender and creep killer. I am only lvl 16 and spec 7/0/9 I push utility to get the XP boost and the other tree for sorcery and deadly.

I only play with Tele and Rally

Game start depends on who I am at mid against.

Most of the time I begin building starks right off the bat, so I will pick up the life leech item. I can go Rejuv Pendant, Meki's, it all depends on the match up but mostly and here I will go through what I do with the life leech item in the tier 1 of Starks Fevor.

Early game I run Ricochet (1), spell shield(2), ricochet(3), spell shield(4), boomerang (5), Ultimate(6), spell shield(7), ricochet, spell(8), shield(9), spell shield(10)

Boomerang early game is a waste for me at mid. Its low damage, can miss or be avoided and has a high mana cost. With Meki's you could have a little more mana, but I wouldn't want to give up the leech as I never worry about dying if creeps are up, they heal me to full. Also Spell Shield prevents most champs from doing any damage to me (that I worry about).

My play style is to keep the enemy pushed back early and try my best to not allow them to get last hits. If they wanna come in for a last hit Ricochet is there to say hi. I save all mana for spell shield so that he can't get a big ability hit on me and make sure I use Ricochet only when more then X minions are up (x depends on its the ricochets ability level). Lot of on off toggling.

Mid game I float and D waves or solo push weak towers. I build more like a tank then a dpser, as I think Sivir is not great as a DPS'er as the more you push her DPS the more she becomes the easy gank.

Late game, I can solo sneak towers down, or stand with my team and stand in the back and add pressure.

I aim for building starks early but in between I make sure to buy the first tier speed boots which become beserkers. After that I build based on what the enemy team has. I love the frozen mallet, nothing like giving your team a speed boost while your attacks slow opponents. If you against heavy mage teams I like to build CD reduction (to make sure spell shield can be quickly applied) something like stinger - nashors gives great xtra attack speed and can give more utility then last whisper since I don't play a solo killer. If they are heavy melee I can build more Armor HP items.

Sivir can be difficult to play well as I know when I started playing I was more about KILL KILL KILL then I was about supporting my team, and building to not only help me but help the champ's around me. I think Sivir, the way I play, is utility to my team first, KILL KILL KILL last. Above is a post with a different playstyle. You can play her anyway you like.

The best thing about sivir is when your playing mid against that over confident DPS mid champ. You know that guy, that is more interested in killing you then creeps at the start. And he goes to blow his biggest nastiest ability and you spell shield and he whiffs. You laugh. He over commited, and you just stand there blasting his minions away while he is in autoattack (your lifestealing you little heart away) and your minions begin giving him a beat down ; P. Now don't let your minions have all the fun give him some love will ya.

I am ~19 - 6 last I looked and have 114 kill 44 deaths and 209 assists

N0iR

01-19-2010

I usually play sivir as follows: hybrid DPS/support/pusher.

- I get 21/0/3 (level 24 only), making sure to skill RALLY offensive mastery.
Summoner skills, Rally (excellent in the must win team fights) and teleport.

- My rune setup is red armor pen, blue CD, Yellow Dodge and Movespeed Quints

- Skills
Level 1: Richochet
Level 2: Spellshield
Level 3: Richochet
Level 4: Glaive/shield depending on matchup
Level 5: Richochet
Level 6: Ulti
etc.

- Itembuild:
Start: Broadsword (+10 damage) and a potion
broadsword into Brutalizer, buy boots, another broadsword and lifeleech sceptre.
Upgrade to phage, dodge/mr boots (depending on matchup).
Finish Starks
upgrade to frozen mallet
Guardian Angel

After getting the lifeleech sceptre it is safe to start killing lizards/golems (latter is the only source of mana regen in my build).

AmyOverlord

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotflcopter View Post
hi all, i would like to get some advice in playing Sivir...

i really like her, i like her ability to farm and push but... she's reeeeeally weak both defensive and offensive: 1v1 i can't beat ANY champion, even when i outgear them, unless they are <100% hp and with spells on cooldown...

then proceed to buy berserker's greaves and build up stark's fervor. then infinity edge and frozen mallet (or phage, infinity, frozen mallet)

and well, it works good for minions but really doesn't cut it with champions.

am i doing something wrong? also, which runes should i buy?
The thing with Sivir is that she gains gold from being able to kill minions faster than any other champion in the game. This is because her Boomerang Blade and Ricochet destroy entire creep waves. Sivir is not there to even scratch champions. She will make people take tower shots before they even notice it because when a creep wave comes, they're thinking "Hey, I've got all these creeps. This tower is so gone." Then they're suddenly taking shots because their entire creep wave is dead in a second.

Sivir lacks the utility to kill any enemy champion. She can hold her own, yes, but she won't be killing. If you do get mass amounts of kills, then these things are taking place...

1. You are the highest DPS in your team, which you shouldn't be.
2. Your enemies are complete morons and just sit there taking damage. (Kudos to you)
3. You KS people with Boomerang Blade. Which you shouldn't be doing. You are NOT a carry. You are a pusher and tower defender/destroyer. Your carries and tanks need the money more than you do.

When I do use Sivir, I always get

Boots of Speed + 2 HP Pots + 1 MP Pot.
Get Chalice ASAP.
Beserker's Greaves
Stark's Fervor.

That's all you need for Sivir. If you want to expand past that, get:

Frozen Mallet (for slowing, more health, and 20 more damage)
Warmog's Armor (you will charge this like no tomorrow)
Black Cleaver (useful for taking down their armor fast)

But most people will go attack speed, usually getting:

Malady/Last Whisper/Sword of the Divine

It's just personal preference after your Stark's.

Livingsword

01-19-2010

It depends from which school you're from, with Sivir there are 2 main ones: Boomerang Blade or Ricochet. In both cases get Teleport and Rally as your summoner spells and start with Meki Pendant and 2 Health Potions.

Boomerang: grab cooldown in utility/offencive, mana regen/pool in utility masteries and magic pen in offence.

Ricochet: go 21 in offence, grabing extra damage to minions, crit chance, extra damage, attack speed and improved Rally. Every point of extra damage you deal to minions is extra damage that will travel to their hero thanks to the bounces and you'll kill their creeps faster making pushing them easier.

Items:
Chalice of Harmony (1st item every game)
Emblem of Valor
Basic Boots
Butalizer (if Boomerang only)
Stark's Fervor
Beserker Greaves/Mercury Treads/Ninja Tabi (once you get good with Sivir only take Bezerk)
Rylai's Scepter (if Boomerang only)
Bloodthirster/Phantom Dancer
Whichever you didn't get before
Last Whisper

I'm from the Ricochet school myself and as such my runes are:
Red: all Crit Chance
Yellow: all Dodge
Blue: all Mana Regen per level
Quints: one for Crit Chance, one for Dodge and the last one Mana regen (not per level but flat amount)

The mana regen means I can sell Chalice at level 11/12 instead of having to wait for level 14.

Sivir is hard to play and requires a ton of experience, Boomerang and Spell Shield are skill shots and Shield requires you to be able to read your enemies and a solid knowledge of champions' strategies (an Ashe moving past her creeps is going for Volley, dodge Rupture from Cho because he'll follow with Scream/Feast which is better to shield...)

Basicaly to play Sivir well you need to have played as/or against every other champion.

P.S.- Only buy runes once you reach level 20 or you'll just waste IP on lower tier ones.

Slide

01-19-2010

If you arent playing Sivir as an Aura Ho(arder), your doing it wrong.

No matter how well you do, no matter how many kills you get, your TEAM will be more powerful with the aura build. If you dont want to play the team game, cant, or think its not possible solo queing, you shouldnt be playing Sivir.

Ive posted the info for the aura build (both the build and the justifications) many times on this forum. If you search for Sivir, and check the posts Im sure you can find it.

Too man people see Sivirs ability to farm gold and think "OMG wit all dat monies I can buy ubberz stuffs and kills everyonez!!1!!11"

No, you cant, and your severely hurting your teams chances at winning by doing so.

Current OP champ (whichever it is at the time, currently Udyr) + Aura Sivir > then everything else. Learn it, love it, live it.

Starks and Aegis are the 2 most poweful items in the game if used properlly. No one can use them as well as Sivir.

iMumbleAlot

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
If you arent playing Sivir as an Aura Ho(arder), your doing it wrong.

No matter how well you do, no matter how many kills you get, your TEAM will be more powerful with the aura build. If you dont want to play the team game, cant, or think its not possible solo queing, you shouldnt be playing Sivir.

Ive posted the info for the aura build (both the build and the justifications) many times on this forum. If you search for Sivir, and check the posts Im sure you can find it.

Too man people see Sivirs ability to farm gold and think "OMG wit all dat monies I can buy ubberz stuffs and kills everyonez!!1!!11"

No, you cant, and your severely hurting your teams chances at winning by doing so.

Current OP champ (whichever it is at the time, currently Udyr) + Aura Sivir > then everything else. Learn it, love it, live it.

Starks and Aegis are the 2 most poweful items in the game if used properlly. No one can use them as well as Sivir.
This build only works if you have a team that all pushes together. And I think alistar is really better with aegis than sivir. The Starks works well with everyone, doesnt need to be sivir that builds it, if anyone has it, just as good.

The build I have been going with and it works good starts with Nashors Tooth, then ninja tabi, then phantom dancer and finally attack damage if your ricochet or ap if your boomarang. Works extremely well by end game 45% dodge, 40% crit, fast enough move speed and attack speed and +55 ap from the tooth makes the boomarang really sting, more than enough mana regen to keep it going even with the 6 second cooldown and ricochet going, ya, she rapes. You cant just build for the champion, you have to build for what the team situation calls for and what works with your play style.

Aeth

01-19-2010

I've played Sivir 180 times with a 60% win ratio (70% if you only count premades) . She is my most played character and I have experimented with a number of different item builds, mastery selection, ability progressions, and strats.

I have found that Sivir is a much more versatile character than people think. Because of her fantastic farming, she has much more options as far as item builds go. I have played her as straight dps, support/aura, ap, and even a tank (the tanks on my pub team were terrible).

Quote:
That is probably a mistake. The damage and hp are ok, but it doesn't upgrade into anything. Sivir is mana starved on her own, and so the typical Sivir build starts with a Meki Pendant --> Chalice of Harmony. However, some players like to build a Philosopher's Stone instead. It doesn't give me as much mana regen as I'd like, but the health regen is good for someone just learning her.

So next time you play her, grab either a Meki Pendant + 2 health pots or a Regrowth Pendant. Basically, the Meki Pendant favors more aggressive play while the Regrowth Pendant favors defensive play.

Quote:
she's reeeeeally weak both defensive and offensive
This really depends on the item build. Her Spiral Blade provides some of the best early-mid game nuking for its mana cost and cd. Spell Shield is a great defensive tool against 1 or 2 opponents.

If you would like to keep building her in a similar way to how you have been, then get Meki Pendant --> Chalice of Harmony, Boots --> Berserker's Greaves, then Stark's Fervor.

At this point, you will have your ultimate, which combined with a Stark's and a Rally in teamfights makes a significant difference in your team's ability to deal damage. The Frozen Mallet is a good item for you now to give you some health.

If you go this route, you are sacrificing dps for team support. Even the Mallet is providing team support in the sense that it makes for good chasing.

If you'd like to go for a more dps carry type build, try Chalice of Harmony, Berserker's Greaves, Frozen Mallet, Last Whisper, BF Sword. The BF Sword can be upgraded as you wish; Bloodthirster adds more total dps because of your Ricochet's but Infinity Edge or Black Cleaver is more effective at taking down single targets.

If you want to emphasize the pushing aspect of her character more while maintaining good dps, try Chalice of Harmony, Boots of Mobility, Sword of the Divine, Frozen Mallet, BF Sword, Last Whisper. The armor penetration from Sword of the Divine and Last Whisper really knocks towers out, but you will need the damage from the Mallet and the BF Sword to make it truly effective. Consider supplementing your pushes with red Elixirs until you get your Mallet.