My experience with the "awesome" leaver buster.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

satelitko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-31-2011

Dear riot,
So on my EU account I have two leaves, and am currently "Leaver level 2".
As I draw it from the notice, the next action will be a suspension/ban for x amount of hours/days/etc.
So how come I've seen people on the US side with 90+ leaves still playing? I mean... if you can (and you do) keep count of leaves, surely you can apply the necessary penalties to those who have already accumulated quite the amount?!
I have also a number of leaves (not to mention my extremely nice behavior during games), and in no way will be surprised if I got a suspension and/or ban! I've already had my EU account suspended for a couple of hours (or something like that) for my FIRST leave.
And on top of that my leaves aren't all of my own doing. On the EU account at least, they're (all two of them) caused by your state-of-the-art, cutting-edge, bug free, 100% stable, super responsive, with zero useless eye candy and extremely user friendly launcher.

Velkorious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

LeaverBuster isn't retroactive.

If they had leaves before it was implemented, they aren't counted.

VCJunky

01-31-2011

Leaver buster doesn't account for leaves that have been recorded before the system was implemented.

It's possible a person had 90+ leaves before the system was put in place, and then after it was, they never left again.

Baalhrezem

01-31-2011

Btw you aren't leaver level 2. Lv means Leaves.

It means you have left 2 games.

satelitko

Recruiter

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by velkor2 View Post
LeaverBuster isn't retroactive.

If they had leaves before it was implemented, they aren't counted.
I know it isn't. The question is why not?!

Corpse Defiler

01-31-2011

"Leaver level 2" = Lv: 2... which means you have 2 leaves, not a level.

JudoPunch

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by satelitko View Post
Dear riot,
So on my EU account I have two leaves, and am currently "Leaver level 2".
As I draw it from the notice, the next action will be a suspension/ban for x amount of hours/days/etc.
So how come I've seen people on the US side with 90+ leaves still playing? I mean... if you can (and you do) keep count of leaves, surely you can apply the necessary penalties to those who have already accumulated quite the amount?!
I have also a number of leaves (not to mention my extremely nice behavior during games), and in no way will be surprised if I got a suspension and/or ban! I've already had my EU account suspended for a couple of hours (or something like that) for my FIRST leave.
And on top of that my leaves aren't all of my own doing. On the EU account at least, they're (all two of them) caused by your state-of-the-art, cutting-edge, bug free, 100% stable, super responsive, with zero useless eye candy and extremely user friendly launcher.
Quit leaving games and you wont be ban'd. Quit comparing yourself to others looking for excuses. Everyone plays by the same rules now.

Rydain

01-31-2011

This thread made me lol.

Twilíght

01-31-2011

Stupid Europeans.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by satelitko View Post
I know it isn't. The question is why not?!
Because the system changed and players were given the benefit of the doubt beforehand and has nothing to do with EU or NA. And in any case, it's unrelated to the current system. Those same players face the same restrictions as everyone else, whether you left before leaverbuster or not doesn't really matter, if you leave now it's going to catch up with you.

That said, anyone who leaves one game really isn't in any danger. Sometimes stuff happens, it's ok. As long as you play games without leaving, eventually that leave will be forgiven. When you start to leave multiple times in a row, you're going to have a run in with leaverbuster and it's going to win...no exceptions.