Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should your in-game icons be represented by your skins splash art?

Yes 11 78.57%
No 3 21.43%
Voters 14 .

[Poll] Should champion skins be represented by in-game icons?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swinginman

09-17-2014

In-game, your icon on the scoreboard and for notifications (such as kills & deaths), regardless of your skin, display the face of your champions classic splash art. Do you think it would be a nice feature to the game if, alternative to the classic splash art, your currently active skins splash art is displayed instead? Yes or no.

conavioaK

09-19-2014

i vote yes.

also add some champion icons for nid,elise etc. to remind us what form they are in

MechMage

09-25-2014

I think no. Personally, whenever there's new splash art, it takes me a few games to internalize at a glance what champ the new icon is. That change in coloration and pose makes me take an extra half second to id the champ, and I doubt I'm the only one. Changing the game's icons based on skins would increase the amount of game knowledge needed to play for no real benefit.

swinginman

09-25-2014

Quote:
MechMage:
I think no. Personally, whenever there's new splash art, it takes me a few games to internalize at a glance what champ the new icon is. That change in coloration and pose makes me take an extra half second to id the champ, and I doubt I'm the only one. Changing the game's icons based on skins would increase the amount of game knowledge needed to play for no real benefit.

And I think that is exactly the reason why they aren't doing it. It could result in undesired effect on game-play. That being said, just the same I not only think it would be a visually appealing addition, it would also produce a stronger insensitive to purchase skins.