"Jungler" Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breidr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2011

*Disclaimer: I am not a competitive or ranked player, just out to have fun.*

So, I noticed that tags got changed and two of my favorite champions got tagged as "Junglers." Frankly, I've never jungled and have been on very few teams that have had a Jungler. Using Nunu as an example. I've laned him since the day I bought him and never once thought of him as a jungler. I've recently become addicted to Fiddlesticks and apparently he's in there too. Is there any sort of reason why I wouldn't want to lane these champions? Am I going to come under increased pressure for laning them in the future?

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2011

Both Nunu and Fiddlesticks are very good laners. The only reason they have the jungling tag is because they are also exceptional junglers. Both have abilities that heal them for large amounts while dealing massive damage to jungle creeps. Both champions are also very good gankers, which is an important quality for a jungler to have.

Keep playing these champs the way you've always played them. They are not labelled as junglers because they *must* jungle (unlike some champs), but because they can jungle very well if necessary.

AkitaNeru

02-01-2011

Almost every champion in the game has the ability to jungle, but those who can do it well are labeled as 'Junglers'.

For the most part, like Omni said, you don't actually have to jungle with them.

Krazlam

02-01-2011

What the others said is absolutely true, but I'd also like to add that in higher level playing, every team will have a jungler. Having a jungler gives your team overall more gold and exp, which leads to many early advantages, etc. But you said you aren't competitive about the game, so it might never apply. It is, however, an option that I encourage you to explore sometime, especially because you play champions that are great for jungling.

Do not feel stressed about it though. If you feel that you might screw it up and let your team down, try jungling in a custom game against bots, even alone if you'd like. The only difference in a real game is that you'd want to be aware of the enemy team, if they either try to gank you right away or if they also have a jungler that tries to counter jungle you.

Breidr

02-01-2011

I look into it a little more. I don't think I've ever killed anything in the jungle to date, so I'd say I need to look into it. The whole thing has me a little confused... I've got a cousin that swears up and down that junglers make him lose so I've always laned...period. Thanks for the info, I'll keep it open as an option to explore in the future, maybe when co-op comes out, and sorry about the double post. Forums were wonkey earlier and when it went blank and then didn't show up all I could think about was "yay, second chance to fix my spelling error."

undercover sbz

02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidr View Post
I look into it a little more. I don't think I've ever killed anything in the jungle to date, so I'd say I need to look into it. The whole thing has me a little confused... I've got a cousin that swears up and down that junglers make him lose so I've always laned...period. Thanks for the info, I'll keep it open as an option to explore in the future, maybe when co-op comes out, and sorry about the double post. Forums were wonkey earlier and when it went blank and then didn't show up all I could think about was "yay, second chance to fix my spelling error."
For all your jungling information, look up www.youtube.com/stonewall008

AkitaNeru

02-01-2011

Yeah, one of my friends hates junglers, but this is largely because many, many junglers won't come out of the jungle to save towers or support lanes.

Good junglers can often demoralize the other team in the first ten minutes of the game, and even if they don't, they help out wherever they're needed.

AntHill

02-01-2011

if you want to add me in game i can show you some decent junglers and such and paths they can take. the other option is to do what someone else said above and look at the stonewall008 stuff. it has helped with a few of my jungle patterns. so yeah.

xpsychedelico

02-02-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=269318

I'm just going to leave this here...

Kilrathi

02-02-2011

In a real brief nutshell, a good jungler helps his team in a couple key ways - he allows another solo lane, which means you have two people getting solo xp/gold and thus building faster (assuming one of your teammates can handle a lane 1v2 if the other team doesn't jungle) and he adds an element of unpredictability to the game by popping out of the jungle to gank. The latter point may lead to enemies playing more conservatively and/or getting killed, which further ups your edge. Plus, a good jungler can control the dragon (global gold for your team) and even the enemy's jungle buffs, all of which can be a big edge.

I don't play Nunu or Fiddle but I'm seen them do well in a lane, but you do add another dimension to your game and your team's if you learn to jungle with them. Then there are other champs like Warwick who just aren't all that good in a lane, especially at low level, but can clear the jungle quickly and gank effectively, and those guys really should jungle if you're going to play with them.