Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Curse have Dropped Cop

Yes 16 38.1%
No 26 61.9%
Voters 42 .

Cop Dropped from Curse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defensive

09-16-2014

Doublelift just posted that Cop has been released from Curse on Facebook. Thoughts? Opinions? I feel like Curse is trying to create a more aggressive, stronger bot lane, but I disagree with dropping Cop. I always felt that he was underrated and a deceptively strong player.

What do you think?

EP Beast3rs

09-16-2014

i think that curse strong points is voyboy and cop i dont think there strong enough as long as they can build comps around voyboy he will carry but he cant carry hard enough some games

Knightmahre

09-17-2014

I personally feel Cop and Voyboy are the things holding Curse back. Voyboy's championpool is too limited, and whilst he is good on the FEW mids he plays, any shift in the meta could leave him in the dust. Cop has improved, that much can be said, but he still feels to me like he isn't on par with the greater ADC's of this season. Even RobertxLee and Altec (The ADC's on the bottom two teams) Had nearly similar, if not even better KDA's than him this season.

KeanuCleaves

09-17-2014

I always thought cop was solid but not flashy. He didn't seem to be a liability for the bot lane but never really seemed to take over games. He had good positioning in team fights but I can't remember a time where CRS bot lane was truly feared. Does anyone know who they got to replace him?

Tbird

09-18-2014

Quote:
Knightmahre:
I personally feel Cop and Voyboy are the things holding Curse back. Voyboy's championpool is too limited, and whilst he is good on the FEW mids he plays, any shift in the meta could leave him in the dust. Cop has improved, that much can be said, but he still feels to me like he isn't on par with the greater ADC's of this season. Even RobertxLee and Altec (The ADC's on the bottom two teams) Had nearly similar, if not even better KDA's than him this season.

I pretty much agree with everything you said about Cop but I feel like you are way off on Voyboy. I don't think he is the best mid in NA or anything but he is certainly the best player on Curse right now.

I'm curious to what you mean when you say his champion pool is limited. He played 13 different champions in the spring split and 12 different champions in the summer split. The only two other mid laners in NA that played that many or more champions during a split were Hai(13) and XiaoWeiXiao(14). Of course overall he has an extremely diverse champion pool because he has also played his fair share of top lane champions back in Season 3.

As far as his ability to adapt to meta champions, I have seen no evidence that he would have any trouble with that either. He basically switched from top lane to mid lane and was still able to have as deep or deeper a champion pool than the rest of the NA LCS. He had to learn most if not all of these champions from scratch (as far as being able to play them on a professional level), whereas the other mid laners have played some of these mid lane champions for their entire careers.

Jesot

09-18-2014

Cop used to be bad, but he turned it around in the middle of S3. If they felt they needed to make a change, it's probably best to do it now, though. It will be interesting to see if Cop can remain in competitive play without Curse, though.

I don't think Voyboy is holding Curse back at all. He was their best player this past season. The move to mid was great for him as his aggressive plays can have a bigger and (more importantly) more positive impact on the entire game as a mid. I do think Voyboy should avoid playing mages (Xerath, Syndra) and focus more on champs that suit his style of play (Yasuo, Talon, Zed).

I would definitely agree that Cop's play style just doesn't fit with Curse (and never did). Curse has always been an aggressive, zerging team. They don't need to change that as I think that's a large reason why they were able to do so well against the better LCS teams this season. A change to an ADC who fits their style and has better mechanics than Cop is a good move.