Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

artwork feed back

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silenc3d

09-16-2014

i have been disliking the art style recently. cassiopea for example. looks good except lighting is in multiple sources vs shadow in the wrong places and her flesh tone is rubbery looking. while the details have crisp defined lines they should refract in some places where the light hits such as on some of the scales.

comparing cassiopea to classic gangplank artwork. gangplanks classic artwork looks more like a painting however the colors are true to time, place, mood, movement and the lighting is much closer to being perfect. i have actually been out to sea at dusk while the seas are high and foggy as they are in the artwork. so i can say you did a fantastic job with the realism in that one. it is like a masterpiece.

what i noticed is the color of lighting how it may be explained for the new akali artwork with her skill activating it doesn't work so much for cassiopea.