Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Red Baron Corki Texture update feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akuda

09-16-2014

So I have recently viewed the new texture update for red baron corki and i must say I am very displeased at what I see. The sole purpose of purchasing this skin for me (at 1820 RP mind you) was the historical reference to the famous WW1 German fighter pilot known as the red baron. The Change of the iron cross on the wings to what i believe is supposed to be a symbol of the RAF is quite upsetting. Changing the symbol from the iron cross takes away that historical reference and on top of that using the RAF symbol associates the red baron with the wrong country. If you insist on changing the iron cross at least change it to something unique.

I almost wonder if this is about political correctness but if it is, please note the symbol is still used by the modern German military.

I do love your your game and you guys do an amazing job on everything you do. I just hope that you read this and take this into account.

Riot JxE

Technical Artist

09-16-2014

Yup that was a mistake and they'll be put back: https://twitter.com/Ququroon/status/511977950032297984

Akuda

09-16-2014

I love you guys! thank you so much!

Adam D Smith

09-16-2014

This needs more recognition; when Riot makes a mistake as this clearly was; they admit it and fix it. Why can't people recognize and appreciate the integrity it takes for a company to do this.

Where I work; if someone screws up, they push it under the rug as best as they can and take the whole "what screw up"? attitude...

JoeShoe

09-17-2014

im sure someone just wasnt sure if it was PC or not, since its seen so much in WWII era Germany. Its totally kosher, and goes back much further than Nazi Germany