Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ the Worlds Schedule

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theorchero

Recruiter

09-15-2014

I'm not one for sports, so maybe that's why I don't really know, but what's the whole point of Groups (A&B / C&D) during worlds? Isn't it just supposed to be a best of 5 tournament?

KeanuCleaves

09-16-2014

It's like the world cup where there is a round-robin play in the group stage and then the top 2 teams from group stage advance to a typical bracket. During group stage play each team will play the other teams in the group twice I believe.

HotSoup23

09-16-2014

instead of a single elimination bracket like the NCAA basketball tourney, group stages give teams a chance to play more than one game, and make up for a bad game. it also gives teams a chance to be seen by more people. AND it's fun!