Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Caitlyn as mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cack Snapper

02-01-2011

This may just be me, but is Caitlyn just TOO GOOD at soloing mid? Her range is absolutely disgusting, with some lifesteal she just won't be outlaned. Furthermore, you can't afford to be low HP with her once she gets her ult. Hardly any champion in the game can compete with Caitlyn in mid. I play alot of Miss Fortune, and ever since Caitlyn came out, my days in middle lane started sucking. Yeah I know she can easily be countered because she's squishy, but that's not what I'm complaining about. It's how **** strong she is early game.

Illuine

02-01-2011

I agree that Caitlyn is a bit to powerful in her first 10 levels or so, Especial considering her amazing range added with some funny life steal ability, Hopefully maybe next patch can do something cool about it!

hydrogencar

02-01-2011

10/10
would read again.

ToxicShotGG

02-01-2011

God I love playing caitlyn mid... kids always try to engage me and play so aggressive im almost always guaranteed a kill in the first 5-10 mins of the game usually 2-3. Nothing like getting them to 5% and finishing with a boss peacemaker.

Zsee

02-01-2011

Quote:
Cack Snapper:
Furthermore, you can't afford to be low HP with her once she gets her ult. Hardly any champion in the game can compete with Caitlyn in mid.

what's the difference b/t this and any other mid champion? (Karthus, Vlad, Malzahar, Ashe, the list goes on.. hell even MF)

Caitlyn is fine, she has her weak points and strong points just like every other champ. As long as you harass her when her Q is on CD and watch out for headshot (her gun will be all sparkly) you shouldn't be taking enough damage to be in her lvl 6 kill zone.

Spicy Czex Mix

02-01-2011

I agree. Just saying but she has Tristana's Range at level 16. 650 is just stupid long. and it makes tristana's passive like useless...

Sandrock7383

02-01-2011

she is strong mid, but that's just how some characters are dude. MF doesnt match up against her well, but there are a ton of chars that dont match up against MF mid very well. as heimer, i have yet to be bested in mid by a cait.

it's all match ups dude. that's what the game is all about.

Leafu

02-01-2011

Caitlyn belongs in the side lanes. You think she's great in mid? She's amazing in bot or top.

Zhupons

02-01-2011

but them again coomes a team fight and MF as 1000 times more utility and aoe damage to bring in while caitlin is stuck with autoattacks!!

Games are not won by laning phase when the champ that got fed can't really do much ina teamfight!!

Shoto Matrony

02-01-2011

Yeah walk sideways, see how good she is.