Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimer vs Azir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dustofsaturn

09-15-2014

With the soon to be release of Azir I'm just having issues with as to why to not pick Azir's zone controlling over Heimerdinger.

From what I can see is that Heimerdinger will outshine Azir with early game pressure but as soon as any roaming or grouping is to be done Azir will outshine in every way.

Azir has invicible, limited time turrets [soldiers] that deal an insane amount of damage compared to Heimer's turrets. Azir's Soldiers are capable of moving and providing CC by being capable of slowing with his Q as well as proccing Liandries/Rylais/etc on every single auto attack. Azir is also capable of dashing in or out of battle as well as being able to spam his set up to join the battle from near the battle or afar. His cooldown is fast enough that he'll almost always have an extra soldier up for when his first start to fall whilst Heimer has a longer cooldown on his op turrets. Did I mention that Azir's soldiers can proc rylais and liandries?

Azir has high damage, mobility, decent CC that can set up for a Yasuo [which is guaranteed to be in the same game and potentially on the same team if not banned], High DoT, displacements, great kiting potential, and is capable of making a nice safe zone in the enemies territory I'd say even better than Heimerdinger what with his passive tower that will also grant true vision so no one can sneak up on him if he placed it.

Now what do we have for Heimerdinger?

Heimerdinger has a very powerful level 1 with his 3 turret cheese set up that shuts down just about any melee champion for the first couple of levels seeing as they don't despawn. He has alright poke that can be difficult to aim at times and is easily creep blocked. He has a stun that is very difficult to land due to the travel time at longer distances and has a small sweet spot for the actual stun. His ult can make him very versatile depending on the situation and a great pick for holding down the fort against an enemy team with low poke.

What does Heimer fall short on? He falls short on turret survivability the later the game goes on. Poke is his downfall with his nest that takes time to set up. His missiles are extremely telegraphed by his movements. He doesn't have that high of a mobility and they have a slight wind up time to fire, along with their small sweet spot it can be very difficult to hit. He has no reliable CC and no escape so if he gets dove and doesn't have enough AP going into his turret nest he has nothing he can do.

I probably brought my point across very poorly and am sorry for that. I would be glad to here from others their opinion on these two zone controlling champions and how they each bring a unique perspective to this side of League instead of one just simply outshining the other as I believe.

TL;DR I believe Heimer is just a Sand Castle compared to Azir in Zone controlling. Maybe I'm way off basis but I can't see that unless someone provides examples and uses good reasoning and logic.

Duke of Sloths

09-15-2014

Heimer has better instaburst and doesn't have to stop and attack to do his DPS. Heimer and Azir have different playstyles with Heimer being more defensive and Azir being more offensive. Plus Zhonyas 4 turrets is always fun :3

Narasimha

09-15-2014

Heimerdinger is better defensively.
Azir is better offensively.

Its really as simple as that.

Orissan

09-15-2014

In Heimer vs Azir Heimer probably loses, mostly because Azirs soldiers can freely kill the turrets.

But Heimer is far more trench style defense. It is much harder to break threw 3 turrent Heimer then it is Azir. And he is more busty, able to chunk someone with his rockets / missile lasers. So while his playstyle is more defensive his damage is more offensive geared, clunking someone and opening them up to follow up. While Azir is better at on the move zoning, but his damage is more passive and defensive.

MrSc0tty

09-15-2014

Well let's see.

Azir has no option for an offensive wombocombo while Heimer has the grenade+ult rocket in his back pocket. Heimer can also boast a better defensive panic button thanks to drop ult turret and have that and all other living turrets can attack while he uses Xhonyas.

All in all i say Heimer is more versatile, Azir better at zone control.

Dustofsaturn

09-15-2014

Quote:
MrSc0tty:
Well let's see.

Azir has no option for an offensive wombocombo while Heimer has the grenade+ult rocket in his back pocket. Heimer can also boast a better defensive panic button thanks to drop ult turret and have that and all other living turrets can attack while he uses Xhonyas.

All in all i say Heimer is more versatile, Azir better at zone control.

More or less a Jack of All trades vs Master of one situation. Alright I'm seeing these points, but one last thing I need commented on is his Soldier's use of on hit spell effects as Rylais and Liandries.

It's too op for Heimer to proc them due to the insane kiting he would get as well as his free damage during Zhonya's, but won't there just be the same problem coming with Azir? He won't get free damage but he can kite to no end with his Slow, dash and Rylais if he builds those items. Not to mention his ultimate keeping that spacing out.

I would prefer diving a Heimer nest than chase down an Azir standing 6ft in front of me if he had a Rylais. It seems like too strong of a deturrent but I guess play testing will be the only tell of that :/

Zoid VII

09-15-2014

OP, Heimer is a cancer that needs to be swept underneath the sands of time. Azir will save us all.

Arduno

09-15-2014

Anyone know if

Azir bugs out when being ulted by Yorick?

Knowing Riot this could happen >_>

Diamond Song

09-15-2014

heimers poke, nothing like blasting somebody point blank range with ult w.

i have also won lost games just by using ult grenade in teamfights.

BlacklronTarkus

09-15-2014

Get both on the same team, make enemy team cry when you siege or defend a turret