Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Hexplosive Factory (Ask Ziggs)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Ziggsplosive

09-14-2014

Gears grind as the conveyor belt moves along, reproducing the master design slipped into a machine in the front. The device scans the object in all dimensions, pulling out every necessary component and sending synapses to the rest of the assembly line. They pick out the pieces and meticulously slip them into place. The creation in question were bombs, being slid down to be eventually thrown into a satchel and used as a method of war. A tragic end to such a miraculously interesting bit of technology... and there was one expert whom manufactured it all.

Ziggs rushes to put together his magical explosives, tying fuses and forcing his gunpowder into its metallic prisons. He eyes the blueprint quickly to verify the integrity, almost obsessively. With a patch on the side, he wipes the sweat off his brow. Smiling at his creation he holds it in the air, quickly exclaiming,
"I've made it! The perfect bomb!" In no time, it pops open and the gunpowder leaks out the side. His wide smile curls downward only for a second, before he considers the possible flaw. Before he can finish his thought, however, a rapping is heard at his door, causing him to drop the hexplosive.

Upon opening the door, Ziggs was met with a man no older than twenty yielding a letter addressed to him with "[IMPORTANT]" stamped onto the front. The young man gingerly looked around, noticing Ziggs looking up at him with confusion hidden behind his goggles. The scientist was about to open his mouth to speak, only to be cut off by the messenger's short spiel, "I'm a courier of the Institute of War!" Ziggs blinked, and with an apprehensive stare and a moment of adjusting his stature, the emissary read off the letter to the little yordle, much to the latter's dismay and enhanced discombobulation.

Quote:
"Dear Ziggs, the Hexplosive Expert,
As a champion in the League of Legends, you are required to participate in the "Ask Program" in which you will be required to respond to the questions of anybody in particular whom might happen to stumble upon your address and want to learn about you. You may of course refuse to answer questions and..."

The messenger glanced down at Ziggs, shooting a disapproving glare.
Quote:
"...you have free reign over anybody to wander into your domain, assuming they are not Summoners or Champions.
Regards,
The Institute of War"

Ziggs scratched his head and tried to again speak, once more stopped in his tracks, "Y-you have to do this program, or y-you will be p-punished!" Not waiting to witness the grenadier's response, the messenger bolted out of the door, making sure to drop the letter in the process. Sighing, he picked it up and read it over again. To reiterate, he states to himself to ensure his comprehension of the situation at hand, "Okay, so if I understand, I have to answer questions, and I can blow up people who I don't like? Seems like a pretty good deal to me!" With that, he turned around, half-forgetting the venture in progress to continue his work, his mailbox now pulled open to a new stream of questions.

Xenfaerie

09-14-2014

Dear Ziggs,

As custom, I will ask you the ever famous question: what is your breakfast of champions? Also, do you ever make bombs that explode in different colors for no reason?

Signed,
A Curious Summoner

((Welcome to the forums!))

Ask Ziggsplosive

09-15-2014

Quote:
Xenfaerie:
Dear Ziggs,

As custom, I will ask you the ever famous question: what is your breakfast of champions? Also, do you ever make bombs that explode in different colors for no reason?

Signed,
A Curious Summoner

((Welcome to the forums!))

((Thank you!))

Ziggs checked his mailbox to see if he had received a new part he had ordered. Coupled with the package, he found a letter. Half-expecting it to be involved with some kind of grant from the Bandle City government, he was disappointed to see the location of the sender. He tore into it and found a need to respond, especially with a hilarious second part to the question. Picking up a bit of experimental technology to lazy out his response, he wrote back to the summoner.
Quote:
Dear Summoner Guy,

For breakfast, I guess I just eat biscuits, and whatever, who cares. But I did make this SUUUUPER cool rave bomb that blew up and shot out non-harmful gas that flickered colors, turned into a bunny, and hopped away! At least, I think that's what happened, cause I passed out and the Bandle City medical team strolled in and stole my glory. It was pretty lame, but I think I got it down now! If you wanna try it out, come over to my lab and we can have an awesome rave with really cool explosions all over the place!

Bombs Away,
Ziggs

P.S. Bandle City government officials, I swear no "noxious" gasses are going to come out of my chimney this time!!

The paper prints out from the tip of the machine and he folds it up nicely to slip into an envelope. With a thoughtful stare, he smiles and runs over to his newly manufactured "ZIGGS INC." stamp, sending it out to the location of the sender.

Goau

09-15-2014

((I apologize for asking this in OOC, but are you playing Ziggs like a bomber/bomb maker who doesn't care about the life of others?))

Ask Ziggsplosive

09-15-2014

((I'm mostly playing him as a happy go-lucky bomb manufacturer who doesn't think his actions through too well. It's not that he doesn't care about the lives of others, it's that he's too prideful in his improvements. He wants to perfect his techniques, and he's enthusiastic to get it into the field rather than go through constant testing to see its safety, mostly due to his giddiness to see things explode in the daylight, and already in practical use.))

BloatedBile

09-15-2014

dear ziggs,

you seem to like destruction as much as jinx. are you planning on a terrorizing piltover one day?

-bb

Ask Ziggsplosive

09-16-2014

Quote:
BloatedBile:
dear ziggs,

you seem to like destruction as much as jinx. are you planning on a terrorizing piltover one day?

-bb

Ziggs had retrieved the mail that day very quickly, giddy to finish his next masterpiece. He sets aside the letter for a moment to finish tweaking the blueprint of the ever so amazing electric bomb. It was supposed to explode into arcs of lightning, which would travel across the ground and then back into the metallic fragments, creating a new form of powerful mines. However, they had only blown into normal explosions, and they were seen as impractical to his peers, merely due to the slow windup speed. It didn't matter to him, though, he would make it work.

Wiping his brow, he picked the letter back up, knowing that he had to read it in order to stay on the good side of the summoners. The mad bomber smiled at the prospect of blowing things up wildly. He laughed to himself crazily but was sadly reminded by a stray thought of the consequences. Noticeably upset, although noone would be there to see it in its brief moments, he began to write back.

Quote:
Dear BB,
Of course I've thought about blowing stuff up! I don't know who this Jinx person is, but if she is explosive, then I like her. The only reason why I haven't already blown up like everything in Bandle City is because I don't wanna lose my grants! Plus, some of there are some hooooot babes here, like Trist-

Nevermind!! Anyway, nah, I wouldn't get into terrorism. That would be dumb, and I wouldn't get paid anymore.
XOXO,
Ziggs

Ending his letter, he stuffed it into an envelope and continued his work, hoping the bomb wouldn't catch the grass on fire when he threw it this time.

((This time on the right account!))

Rumble n Tristy

09-17-2014

((Hallo there.

A group of us are interested in making a yordle poker night RP with a humor-centric social setting of sorts so i'm more or less tasked with trying to recruit the other active yordle champs for this effort. If you're interested, might you send me your skype name?

The RP isn't on skype, we're just using skype for ease of communication. I'd just rather not make a thread of an interest check since I know our Poppy, heimer, trist, Lulu, and gnar through skype.

Anyway all the details of how and what and who and anything else will be explained if you have questions, concerns, doubts or have suggestions.

Sooooo....yeah! If you want something social/fun to join drop me your name and I'll add you.))

Ask Ziggsplosive

09-19-2014

Ziggs, with a crazed look in his eyes, flung a hail of bombs at the capital building of Bandle City. Buildings combust, and terror erupts. Pained screams of agony fill the air and he looks on with confusion. Why was everybody so upset? The beauty of his hexplosives was raining from the sky. He grew angrier, and thus larger, until he had been the size of a gargantuan yordle. One final bomb was tossed, but he caught her sight, Tristana was glaring at him in fear. The bomb was about to touch down and he stared down at her with his own encapsulated horror.

Ziggs wakes up in a cold sweat, rolling the situation over in his mind. His signature smile wasn't donned on his face as it normally was. The bomb maker was lost in thought, afraid of what he could become. Was this the path he had chosen? Was he.. a monster? He blinks back his new found fear of the potential future and gets up for work, still assailed by images of Tristana's terrified visage.

Ask Ziggsplosive

09-26-2014

((bumpo))