Kayle Passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KamikadzeTM

01-18-2010

To start Kayle is a great champ i like her very much. However i think her passive
Holy Fervor
When Kayle kills an enemy champion or an allied champion dies near her, she goes into a state of Holy Fervor, increasing her attack speed by 25%. This effect can stack 4 times.
is next to useless. I've rarely found benefits from it. First usually when i kill there is no other enemies around so I'm left with a very short duration and it fades before I could benefit form it in any way. In team-fight I don't usually get the kills the main DPS does. And if I do i really can't imagine Kayle doing quatra kill to stack the buff. I know that it also activates when an ally dies but isn't the point with Kayle that you don't want them to die but save them with ult or the movement buf?
If you don't think this way please let me know for some good way for her passive to come in handy.

Gatsbys

01-18-2010

yeah, her passive is dumb and doesn't relate to the type of role she plays whatsoever. ah well.

Fishy

01-19-2010

If your ally dies you are most likely running anyways. No one is going to stick around to fight just for the sake of the buff. So yeah, basically a useless passive. Otherwise Kayle is a fairly well balanced champion.

Kadzin

01-20-2010

I't be nice to see proc from ninion kills
but for a much lesser benefit,
so just staying constantly near minions and last hitting would
cause it to stack, would synergize with "flaming sword" skill
since you could cleave a wave of minions and get several stacks right away.
On the other hand it would also be nice with "When an enemy champion dies near kayle" procs
that way if you don't kill but are near you get the buff, that would also be nice

IceDive

01-20-2010

I agree. The only time it comes in handy is when towerdiving and than hitting tower. Most of the time, if you even get the the buff it's when running or when the fight is just over.

Maybe it should be changed to something that mirror's that bloodlust skill Warwick has.

I was thinking in the lines of this:

Whenever an ally near Kayle comes under 25% HP, Kayle goes into fervor increasing her AS by 25% and decreasing her cooldowns by 10%.

Pylat

01-20-2010

I guess you guys never knew about IWAY from Guild Wars

This type of skill is either broken, or underpowered

Yana

01-20-2010

Nah, the tooltip just needs a rewrite. For example:

Kayle's new passive

"My teammates are noobs"
As kayle's teammates fail once again epically, kayle prepares to carry his team. Filled with MM rage, he gains 25% increased attack speed for each of the noobs known as his teammates.

It has great synergy with his ult. Since your teammates are noobs, you obviously save it for yourself, thus allowing you to own the entire enemy team with your pro-ness.

Florza

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yana View Post
Nah, the tooltip just needs a rewrite. For example:

Kayle's new passive

"My teammates are noobs"
As kayle's teammates fail once again epically, kayle prepares to carry his team. Filled with MM rage, he gains 25% increased attack speed for each of the noobs known as his teammates.

It has great synergy with his ult. Since your teammates are noobs, you obviously save it for yourself, thus allowing you to own the entire enemy team with your pro-ness.
+1

Zenryo

01-20-2010

I think the passive would be much better as a global passive (like Twisted Fate's crit chance bonus):

Holy Fervor: All allied champions receive a 5% attack speed bonus.

However, I still think the passive is not completely useless, and has gotten me to obliterate enemies in team fights more then once (I play a hybrid AP/AS Kayle).